+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Define the Aspect of Conscience.

We have an interesting discussion going on here regarding "how the human race will end". Topics of Artifical Intelligence [ A.I.] has been introduced, as well as conscience being mentioned.
    Conscience, in this regard, as properly defined, means that someone reflects upon their actions, deeds, words and tries to perfom same in such a manner that it will not be harmfuil, insulting or abusive to another.
    What human facet of the Psyche does Conscience originate from and seeks to continually orient and guide this seemingly only human characteristic?
    Is there a thread of selfish intent contained within it? Why?
    Is it a product of Intellect?
    Do you think there are any other creatures besides human that act out of Conscience?
    Vasudeva

Re: Define the Aspect of Conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    We have an interesting discussion going on here regarding "how the human race will end". Topics of Artifical Intelligence [ A.I.] has been introduced, as well as conscience being mentioned.
    Conscience, in this regard, as properly defined, means that someone reflects upon their actions, deeds, words and tries to perfom same in such a manner that it will not be harmfuil, insulting or abusive to another.
    What human facet of the Psyche does Conscience originate from and seeks to continually orient and guide this seemingly only human characteristic?
    Do you think there are any other creatures besides human that act out of Conscience?
    Conscience, what is that. I don't haver one. Can I buy one online?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Hmmmm... 'dunno - however, if you did, or could, it would obviously be used, second hand, or preowned; as the car-dealers are saying now, in lieu of NOT wanting to use the "Used" word; the Conscience you get would NOT be your own, obviously. Therefore, when you exercised it you would be confused because its rationalizing would NOT be the same as yours and would probably confuse you in regard to wether or not you had a conscience to begin with.
    Did you follow that? If you didn't, don't ask me - I am NOT sure wether I did or not, even though I said it!::freak3::rasta:
    Vasudeva

now that you've brought it up,how does 1 "buy" an "intangable" thing like that!?with what currenTcy does 1 pay!?: :spin2: :judges: heeh!!......just askn.....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    now that you've brought it up,how does 1 "buy" an "intangable" thing like that!?with what currenTcy does 1 pay!?: :spin2: :judges: heeh!!......just askn.....
    monopooly money. or get one like I just did, find one in a box of cracker jacks.

conscience is the remembrance of the devine perfection in pure consciousness!?why do we have it/experience it!?see thread about movie the unity of spirit and matter!?when do we experience it!?some before,some during,most after an act(ion) is carried out!?depends on one's level of consciousness at the time of the thought/action!?pure consciousness has no forms to identify with!?man is duped from day 1 having been born unaware into the world of forms!?conscience is the call from forgotten formlessness,a reminder of the original estate of mind!?: :crazy1: :spin2: hehe!!.....just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

conscience is the remembrance of the devine perfection in pure consciousness!?why do we have it/experience it!?see thread about movie the unity of spirit and matter!?when do we experience it!?some before,some during,most after an act(ion) is carried out!?depends on one's level of consciousness at the time of the thought/action!?pure consciousness has no forms to identify with!?man is duped from day 1 having been born unaware into the world of forms!?conscience is the call from forgotten formlessness,a reminder of the original estate of mind!?: :crazy1: :spin2: hehe!!.....just askn...
    could you also say that Conscience is also a form of awareness or observance that becomes more active with each thought or act.

could you also say that Conscience is also a form of awareness or observance that becomes more active with each thought or act.
    I think it is based on Morals and Scruples. Means to observe and judge actions wuth the intnet to be humane and not harmful to another. The aspect of "Kindness" is Conscience based.
    I think it is anticipated as a reciprocial aspect of the Pasyche. However, it often doen not seem to be present in some, based on observations of what some have done to others. Often, one who acts out of conscience is vanquished by one that does not. As a matter of fact, that particular type of individual has the advantage over the rational individual.

I've not really seen anyone reasonably defien Conscience yet. As well, why do you think that some individuals do not seem to have a conscience. This is the seeming origin of Evil.
    Why is that true and what is the justification?
    Vasudeva

maybe it would be better to ask if a false conscience like mental awareness can be instituted for whatever reason we can determine to be for our own best interests!?after all,right and wrong are relative to understanding thru experience!?and can this understanding be passed on without having to go thru the experiences themselves!?i would also link conscience with what we call memory!?and i have read that conscience,when it has been awakened,so to speak,is at first a very unpleasant experience!?and that guilt/regret/remorse/anger at oneself are the emotions felt as being unpleasant!?the question i would pose is,what is the reason for the awakening of conscience in man!?and why is it dormant/dead!?in many people!?i just watched an interesting movie containing some of these considerations called "the dark kingdom" (ring of the nibelungs 2004)!?my conscience must/may be in a stage of awakening since i am not offended by the cinematic display of great personal tragedy!?:1crysad: : :freak3:

Yes, the aspects of Selfishness based upon Narcississim, which emerges from the self agrandizing Ego.
    Meaning - all else but ME and ME before all else!
    Odd thing though. Many people just don't realize that they need OTHERS in this world to make it theirself.
    But then, when was the first time that it was known that SOME just typically take things for granted?
    Vasudeva

assuming there is an absolute right and wrong in terms of knowing!?and mind is the field/platform/sphere/shell of observation!?and consciousness is the ultimate/absolute right mind and unconsciousness is the ultimate/absolute wrong mind then knowing consciousness/right mind is the only way to guaranteeing right behavior!?otherwise 1 can only correct people from the outside by physically restricting them or threatening to do same!?the rod of the shepard!?it seems we are constructed with the ability to change minds!?it is a mistake to say we can change a mind!?it is correctly stated as exchange of mind!?people are born seemingly slanted in 1 way or the other!?predominately knowing right mind or knowing wrong mind!?and conscience is the penetration of right mind into the realm of wrong mind!?a piercing/over shining of the bio-electrical projection on the inner shell of wrong mind!?the soul is a photosensitive cloud and mind is the developing/fixing agent!?consciousness is the light source!?ok,i gotta go reread coberst's last post on the birth of consciousness!?: :crazy1: :spin2: hehe!!.....just askn....
    Last edited by lexx; 10-31-2008 at 09:26 PM.

assuming there is an absolute right and wrong in terms of knowing!?and mind is the field/platform/sphere/shell of observation!?and consciousness is the ultimate/absolute right mind and unconsciousness is the ultimate/absolute wrong mind then knowing consciousness/right mind is the only way to guaranteeing right behavior!?otherwise 1 can only correct people from the outside by physically restricting them or threatening to do same!?the rod of the shepard!?it seems we are constructed with the ability to change minds!?it is a mistake to say we can change a mind!?it is correctly stated as exchange of mind!?people are born seemingly slanted in 1 way or the other!?predominately knowing right mind or knowing wrong mind!?and conscience is the penetration of right mind into the realm of wrong mind!?a piercing/over shining of the bio-electrical projection on the inner shell of wrong mind!?the soul is a photosensitive cloud and mind is the developing/fixing agent!?consciousness is the light source!?ok,i gotta go reread coberst's last post on the birth of consciousness!?: :crazy1: :spin2: hehe!!.....just askn....
    Sometimes "Right" and "Wrong" circumstances, situations apply to everyone, regarding their quality , aquantity and conditions. Other times it is personal.
    It is somewhat like personal and social Karma - sometimes it bites the Ass back of the individual, SOmetimes it bites the Ass back of the Nation. Germany and Japan in WWII were good examples.
    The acts they perpatrated intially I am sure they felt wre justified and Good. THe people that were the vitims thought what they did was bad. Then, the people that the "BAd" was inflicted upon turned around and inflicted acts upon them that they felt were Bad - they were vanquished. Then the people that did this thought it was Good. "E'er the 'twain shall meet"!
    But then - oh well... enough - it never ends. There are too many examples...:freak3::rasta:
    Vasudeva

Conscience is learned...human trait? Human characteristic? Saw a Chinese mother beat the crap out of her 2 year old the other day...what conscience?

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post

how could i forget the well worn phrase.........let your conscience be your guide!?now we can see that in this case,you already must be familiar with your conscience in order to let it guide you!?in fact familiarity will automatically make it your guide i would think!?of course we are still stuck with the delimna of whether we have a real conscience or an self implanted 1!?or is it a real 1 with self implanted EXCEPTIONS!?what is conscience in essence but the remembered ability to CARE unconditionally!?so there's trinity of sorts here!?consciousness,conscience and love!?: :crazy1: :spin2: heeh!!......just askn....

how could i forget the well worn phrase.........let your conscience be your guide!?now we can see that in this case,you already must be familiar with your conscience in order to let it guide you!?in fact familiarity will automatically make it your guide i would think!?of course we are still stuck with the delimna of whether we have a real conscience or an self implanted 1!?or is it a real 1 with self implanted EXCEPTIONS!?what is conscience in essence but the remembered ability to CARE unconditionally!?so there's trinity of sorts here!?consciousness,conscience and love!?: :crazy1: :spin2: heeh!!......just askn....
    Our conscience could also be that part of our brain that stores the information that we learn starting at day one. The informtion stored there is the right and wrong information that we are taught starting with our parents and continuing on throughout our life. That information is then passed to the internal processor we all have that allows us to make a decision as to whether or not we will do right or wrong. It could be that in some of us that area is not either functioning properly or is not developed properly or missing. That could possibly explain why some of us are not capable of doing the right thing all of the time and in some of us not at any time. Could that be why we have over one million people in prison here in this country. And I really have no idea what I am talking about either.

Quote Originally Posted by AXJ View Post
    Conscience is learned...human trait? Human characteristic? Saw a Chinese mother beat the crap out of her 2 year old the other day...what conscience?
    My opinion is that Conscience is NOT learned. It is the product of a collective number of faculaties of the Psyche. For one to have a Conscience, it seems there must be facualties which provide predisposition to act in matters. As Conscience is actually the effect of one reflecting upon their actions and strcing to withhold harmful actions upon others, even animals, besides human beings. It is a matter of senseitivity, not idifference and calousness.
    It is probably somewhat selfishly oriented, as people that act as guided by conscious desire that other people behave them similarly. However, there is NO guarntee that other people will act accordingly. Often, people see kindness and benevolence as a sign of weakness in individuals, that is to be exploited.
    I think Evil people such as Hilter and Stalin came into the world with the predisposition to harm people and be cruel. I think that if there was a way to know about their childhood it would be revealed that they wre mean, even then.
    Vasudeva