+ Reply to Thread

Dave Reitzes- Turncoat

Another Researcher has a "change of heart"
    Adventures in Conspiracy Land

Congratulations! You've just discovered Dave Reitzes' Original Archive, still available on Deanie Richards' JFK Place site -- five hundred or so pages of material that I, Dave Reitzes, no longer endorse!
    Have no fear; all will be explained . . . eventually.
    Around March of 1999, I underwent a monumental change of mind with regard to my thinking about the John F. Kennedy assassination. The reasons for this were many -- too many, in fact, for me to possibly explain in one article.
    My reasons for losing faith in John Armstrong's "Harvey and Lee" theory have been summarized in an article I wrote entitled, "Long Division: One Researcher, Ten Months and Two Oswalds." This was originally posted to the Usenet groups alt.assassination.jfk and alt.conspiracy.jfk, and is now archived at Tracy Parnell's Lee Harvey Oswald Research Site.
    There were many other factors that led me to question not only Armstrong's theory, but whether there had indeed been an assassination conspiracy in the first place. My loss of faith in even Jim Garrison's earliest theories left me without credible suspects for the roles of co-conspirators, for example. Other subjects, such as a reevaluation of the character and activities of Lee Harvey Oswald, will be the subject of essays at my Web site in the coming months.
    Deanie Richards suggested to me that I keep my material online so that others can learn from my experiences. I tend to think this is a good idea, even if it is bound to be misconstrued by some. What Deanie's archive represents is a document of where I was, as a Kennedy assassination researcher, in late 1998 and early 1999. Articles posted at John McAdams' Kennedy Assassination Home Page, particularly his Garrison page, and my own Web site should help give an idea of how my thinking about certain issues has changed.
    In the meantime, the reader is advised to take the material presented here with a grain of salt. This, as I learn more and more, is not bad general advice to begin with.
    It's been quite an unusual journey for me, and I truly can't say I regret a minute of it. I've learned a tremendous amount not only about the assassination, but about the codification of history and the learning process itself. It's also been, more often than not, a great deal of fun. If my experiences can illuminate any issues for others, then I certainly can't say my time has been wasted.
    All the best,
    Dave Reitzes February 2000

Re: Dave Reitzes- Turncoat

Quote Originally Posted by theme View Post
    Another Researcher has a "change of heart"
    Adventures in Conspiracy Land

Congratulations! You've just discovered Dave Reitzes' Original Archive, still available on Deanie Richards' JFK Place site -- five hundred or so pages of material that I, Dave Reitzes, no longer endorse!

Have no fear; all will be explained . . . eventually.

Around March of 1999, I underwent a monumental change of mind with regard to my thinking about the John F. Kennedy assassination. The reasons for this were many -- too many, in fact, for me to possibly explain in one article.

My reasons for losing faith in John Armstrong's "Harvey and Lee" theory have been summarized in an article I wrote entitled, "Long Division: One Researcher, Ten Months and Two Oswalds." This was originally posted to the Usenet groups alt.assassination.jfk and alt.conspiracy.jfk, and is now archived at Tracy Parnell's Lee Harvey Oswald Research Site.

There were many other factors that led me to question not only Armstrong's theory, but whether there had indeed been an assassination conspiracy in the first place. My loss of faith in even Jim Garrison's earliest theories left me without credible suspects for the roles of co-conspirators, for example. Other subjects, such as a reevaluation of the character and activities of Lee Harvey Oswald, will be the subject of essays at my Web site in the coming months.

Deanie Richards suggested to me that I keep my material online so that others can learn from my experiences. I tend to think this is a good idea, even if it is bound to be misconstrued by some. What Deanie's archive represents is a document of where I was, as a Kennedy assassination researcher, in late 1998 and early 1999. Articles posted at John McAdams' Kennedy Assassination Home Page, particularly his Garrison page, and my own Web site should help give an idea of how my thinking about certain issues has changed.

In the meantime, the reader is advised to take the material presented here with a grain of salt. This, as I learn more and more, is not bad general advice to begin with.

It's been quite an unusual journey for me, and I truly can't say I regret a minute of it. I've learned a tremendous amount not only about the assassination, but about the codification of history and the learning process itself. It's also been, more often than not, a great deal of fun. If my experiences can illuminate any issues for others, then I certainly can't say my time has been wasted.

All the best,

Dave Reitzes February 2000
    Who is this guy, anyway?

Re: Dave Reitzes- Turncoat

Quote Originally Posted by eflteacher View Post
    Who is this guy, anyway?
    Someone who grew a brain and realized there is no evidence of a conspiracy.

I see you have yet to undergo such growth.