+ Reply to Thread

Anyone heard of this hotel credit card scam?

I've heard of rumors of scams in which hotel guests received calls from someone claiming to be from the front desk.

These people call seeking credit card info claiming there was a problem or something like that.

Just curious, anyone ever encounter something like this?

If not, beware...just wanted to give warning.
    This is the author’s opinion, and only opinion and not fact. The right to express this opinion is protected under the First Amendment: freedom of speech and expression and freedom of the press.

It is also protected under ICCPR act which allows for individuals to form and express opinions.

The author encourages readers to research, perform their own due diligence and form their own opinions about this topic, company and/or person.

Re: Anyone heard of this hotel credit card scam?

Happens all the time...just go down to the Lobby and find out who is asking...never give your info out over the phone...

Quote Originally Posted by (DBC) DreamBuildersCon View Post
    I've heard of rumors of scams in which hotel guests received calls from someone claiming to be from the front desk.

These people call seeking credit card info claiming there was a problem or something like that.

Just curious, anyone ever encounter something like this?

If not, beware...just wanted to give warning.

Never had that happen to me I did however 4 years ago get bumped in a hotel lobby didn't think anything about it intill I went back to my room some 8 hours later and discovered I no longer had my keycard went to front desk for a replacement and upon entering my hotel room found out all my luggage and my laptop had been stolen. Filled out a police report and notified front desk nothing ever came of it live and learn I guess.

yea like axj said there is also the scam where they call and tell you the hotel is on fire and they need you break a window to let firefighters know your in there and or pull the fire alarm or some crazy thing like that always hang up and call the front desk back and confirm everything

Nowadays really anything can be happen... Many kind of tricks used to steal people credit card.. Really can't imagine how they can be so creative..
    FREE signup to Make money online !!
    www.affiliatekingz.com

happened to my mother. she went to vacation in florida. but it wasn't the front desk who was calling. it was a scammer from some third party and they couldnt trace the calls. i thought it was suspiscious because she paid by check and they asked for her "card on file"

Quote Originally Posted by reborn View Post
    Discount Las Vegas Lodging at a Vegas Strip Hotel
    Nowadays really anything can be happen... Many kind of tricks used to steal people credit card.. Really can't imagine how they can be so creative..

______

I am amazed at how many of my friends still use a debit card for purchases. With all of the credit card scams and theft, a debit card is NEVER safe.
    I always recommend using AMEX.

Good luck to all of us to stay safe and protected!
    Last edited by westin; 02-17-2012 at 09:15 AM.