+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You are the Music While the Music Lasts--T.S. Elio

You are the Music While the Music Lasts--T.S. Eliot

Proto-self—“a coherent collection of neural patterns which map, moment by moment, the state of the physical structure of the organism in its many dimensions”

Core consciousness—“occurs when the brain’s representation devices generate an imaged, nonverbal account of how the organism’s own state is affected by the organism’s processing of an object, and when this process enhances the image of the causative object, thus placing it saliently in a spatial and temporal context”

How can we begin to be conscious thereby having a sense of self while in the act of knowing?

We develop a nonverbal narrative in time that has a beginning, middle, and ending. The beginning is the neural mapping of the proto-self, the middle is when an external object is perceived, and the ending is a series of reactions resulting from the modification of the proto-self caused by the external object.

In its simplest form, the sense of knowing emerges in the feeling of knowing. The organism’s proto-self, mapped in the brain together with the neural mapping of the object, is modified by the object’s mapping. These transient mental images resulting from the modified proto-self’s neural modification are feelings.

The organism is represented by the proto-self, which originates in the internal milieu, i.e. the viscera, vestibular system, and musculoskeletal frame of the organism. The nonverbal narrative “describes the relationship between the changing proto-self and the sensorimotor maps of the object that causes those changes”. In other words, the brain image of the toothache of which I am bothered affects the static state of the organism’s proto-self.

The organism knows itself in this ‘self relating to object milieu’; the proto-self is being created in the process of knowing.

This wordless narrative, which we identify as thought, is constantly repeated without stop for every object that the brain represents. “It is not possible to run out of “actual” objects or “thought” object, and it is thus not possible to run out of the abundant commodity called core consciousness”.

Knowing is a process that results in a feeling of the proto-self in conjunction with the image of an external object, which causes an integration of the proto-self and the changes therein caused by the object. “Attention is driven to focus on an object and the result is saliency of the images of that object in mind. The object is set out from less-fortunate objects.” This is the birth of meaning.

Knowing springs to life in the narrative of the self interacting with the object. This is perhaps what T.S. Eliot means when he wrote in Four Quartets “music heard so deeply that it is not heard at all…you are the music while the music lasts”.

Quotes from “The Feeling of What Happens” by Antonio Damasio

Re: You are the Music While the Music Lasts--T.S.

take from no man his song!?: :spin2: :judges: heeh!!....just askn....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

I Love Rock N Roll Give To Baby. ) Hooked On A Feeling That You Are In Love With Me,) Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay, Wasting Time Ohoh Oh Oh Ohoh Left My Home In Georgia Just To Make This Dock My Own, Oh I Cant Do What Ten People To Tell Me What To, ) Sunrise, Sunset, Swiftly Go The Days, Red Red Wine Ine Take Me Away From Here Dont Let Me In Love, )do You Really Want O Hurt Me, Do You Really Want To Make Me Cry; Red, Green Ad Gold Red Green And Gold, Im A Man With Out Conviction I Am Man Who Loves You So ) Lets Party Like Its 1999)

Give Me A Ticket For An Air-o-plane, Aint Got Time To Take A Fast Train, Lonely Days Are Gone, My Baby Just Wrote Me A Letter, She Told Me That She Couldn't Live Without Me No More, Listen Mr Cant You See I Got To Get Back To My Baby Once More. Give Me A Ticket For An Air-o-plane, Aint Got Time To Take A Fast Train, Lonely Days Are Gone My Baby Just Wrote Me A Letter

I Am So Young And Your So Old, This My Darling I Vb Been Told, I Dont Care What People Say, Oh Diana Cant You Stay La La Lah Lah Lah Lah Please Stay With Me Oh My Diana.... Lah Lah... Hold Me Close Dont You Let Me Go Oh Diana Your The Most, Thrills I Get When You Hold Me Close Oh Diana Lah Lah Lha

Aint No Sunshine When Your Gone Aint No Sunshine When Your Gone, Dah Dah Dah, Only Dark Days Everyday Dah Dah Dah Aint No Sunshine When Your Gone And This House Aint Home, I Know I Should Leave You Along But There Aint No Sunshine When Your Gone, I Know, I Know, I Know, I Know, I Know, I Know, I Know, I Know But Aint No Sunshine When Your Gooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeee And This Time You Been Gone Tooooooooo Ooooooooooooo Lllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggg

Wise Men Say, Only Fools Rush In But I Cant Help Falling In Love With You,

Nights In White Satin, Never Reaching The End, Letters I've Written Never Meaning To Send, But I Love You Ohoooooo But I Love You Oooooooo How I Love You...

Sugar-pie-honey-bunch You Know That I Love You, Cant Help Myself Love You And Nobody Else, When You Call My Name, I Com A Running To You I Am A Fool For You You Know That, Sugar Pie Honey Bunch You Know That I Love You Canit Help My Self I Am A Fool For You

I'm Caught In A Trap, I Can't Walk Out Because I Love You Too Much Baby, Why Cant You See What Youre Doing To Me Your Suspicous Minds, Oh Dry The Tears Away From Your Eyes

Bend Me Shape Me Anyway You Want You Got The Power Because Its Alright. You Are All The Woman I Need I See You So Gladly

Sunshine Came Softly Through My Window Today, I Know A Beach Babee Where It Never Ends, We Can Be Forever Friends. Cause I Made My Mind Up Forever To Be Mine

i WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND, OH I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND AND WHEN I FEEL HAPPY INSIDE ITS JUST A FEELING THAT MY LOVE, I CANT HIDE, I CANT HIDE

You Are The Sunshine Of My Life Oh Yeah That Is Why I Will Always Be Around You

When I Was Youger So Much Younger Than Today, I Never Needed Any Help In Other Way, But Now I Am Not So Sure, Help Me Cant You See That I Am Downnn And I Do Appreciate You Being Round Help Me Help Meeeeeeeeee

She Was Black As The Night And Louey Was Whiter Than White, Aint No Difference If Your Black Or White Lah Lah Lah,