+ Reply to Thread

Haha! God 1, Nebraska legislator 0

Think he'll appeal?

LINCOLN, Neb.--A judge has thrown out a Nebraska legislator's lawsuit against God, saying the Almighty wasn't properly served due to his unlisted home address.

State Sen. Ernie Chambers filed the lawsuit last year seeking a permanent injunction against God. He said God has made terroristic threats against the senator and his constituents in Omaha, inspired fear and caused "widespread death, destruction and terrorism of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants."

Chambers has said he filed the lawsuit to make the point that everyone should have access to the courts regardless of whether they are rich or poor.

On Tuesday, however, Douglas County District Judge Marlon Polk ruled that under state law, a plaintiff must have access to the defendant for a lawsuit to move forward.

*Sorry to have wasted yer time :elvis: but this just caught me off guard (even though I read about the initial case, and might have even posted about it last year...*
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Re: Haha! God 1, Nebraska legislator 0

i know i watched a movie about suing god and it was pretty good!?an insurance company would not pay up do to an act of god and that triggered the insured to sue god!?took place in england or 1 of it's colonies!?:freak3: :spin2: :judges: hehe!!....just askn....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you