+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

David Anderson Discovery Workshop

Hi guys

I was wondering if there is anyone around who as actually been on one of David Anderson's discovery workshops. They cost about £5000 for a place on one of the workshops that teach about 35 students over one day. I know there are others, like Andrew Reynolds that offer a similar type of thing but David Anderson really does look credible and I can find nothing to state that it isn't money will spent. There are also a great deal of hand written testimonials on his site of previous happy customers. I'm not naive but don't want to write something off totally. Is there actually anyone that has been on a David Anderson workshop that can comment? Thanks.

Re: David Anderson Discovery Workshop

Yes, i attended his workshop and i did not pay 5,000 pounds. I paid 20% of that i.e. 1,000 pounds and if i had it to do again i would not spend even that amount.
    David claims to be different than all the other guys like Andrew Reynolds etc, etc. And in some respects he is different however, if you spend 5,000 pounds for a one day talk that is all you will get-a talk for 8-hours which certainly is not worth the 1,000 pounds i spent-believe me. When i attended i felt sorry for the other mugs there who had spent 5,000 pounds to get the same info i got on the day for 1,000. The essense of David's philosophy is: you do research on the Internet and find a product with no copyright, make it your own and he will market it to his list for a fifty percent cut. Obvously, you need to come up with a hot product or it will not work so that's your problem. If your product is good you could do well with David's help. Now i have just saved you 5,000 pounds and anyone else who may read this. If you find a good product you could approach marketers and arrange a joint venture without having to attend a very expensive workshop. I can attend a Tony Robins workshop for about 200 pounds per day or an Andrew Reynolds charity workshop for 149 pounds which lasts 3-days. So even the 1,000 pounds that i spent was with hindsight not worth it. In my experience unless you are getting a tangible product/system that you can take to market you are wasting your money! Getting a product is actually the easy part, marketing the product is the difficult part. You will need the right lists for your niche and the money to reach the list and a system to take the payments automatically etc. I did come up with a product however, it did not do very well. In fairness to David i would need to come up with a product with much greater appeal. I think out of each workshop maybe one person will come up with a winning product now, that's not David's fault however, it is a reality to bear in mind. I know of a couple who attended an Andrew Reynolds 10-grand workshop about a year ago and were given products to market which they did and consequently made 400,000 pounds which is 40 times their investment which is fantastic if you can manage it. Other people who attended the same workshop have yet to start so there are many variables with all of these workshops. You need to get all the angles however, the trick is not to go bankrupt whilst your going through the learning curve! Hope this is of some help? JL

JerseyLamb

Thank you very much for your very informative response regarding the David Anderson's Discovery Workshop found at discovery-workshop.com (for those that don't know what this is about and also for search engines to pick up this thread)

I am sure this will help many keep their hard earned savings in their own pockets as well as myself.

I had come to the same conclusion myself but only in the respect that it was very unlikely that anyone could teach me something in 8hours that would be worth £5000+. But...it really is nice to hear from someone that has actually been on the course in question and confirmed my thoughts.

I guess when you think about it, even if someone has been on the discovery workshop and made a great deal of money using the information learned on the day, this does not mean that everyone who attends will, far from it.

It looks like from what you say that a very small select few will get lucky with a product or be the first to roll out a product they managed to get the rights to sell first.

The fact that you state you only paid £1000 instead of £5000 shows that the discovery workshop hosts care only about earning whatever they can from their workshop courses and anything made from joint ventures appears to be viewed as icing on the cake. So if you absolutely must attend one of these courses, phone up on the day and offer them £200 for a last minute seat :D that way you might get some value for your money.

Marketing "gurus" that charge thousands for a course aim their efforts it seems on those that have a spare £5k lying around. So if it doesn't live up to the hype they can just say well at least I gave it a go and found out what it is all about. If this is not the case and some attendees actually borrow the money or put the fees on credit cards then that is really a sad shame for them.

David Anderson also seems to pride himself on the number of discovery workshop hand written testimonials he has. Many gurus know that this is practically the number one way to hook a potential sucker, but if you read through a lot of the testimonials, you will see that they are written by people who just attended a £5k workshop and are writing the testimonial at the end of that day. This when they are full of hype, hoopla and promises of future great riches whilst trying to justify to themselves that they have just paid out 5k and what a good idea it was.

I'm sure if you asked David Anderson for email addresses of all the people that he displays testimonials on his site, so that you could contact them now, 6 months later, a year later + after they attended the discovery workshop to see how they have done you would hit a brick wall. A select few have done really well, the vast majority are out 5k.

So keep your 5k in your pocket, or if you absolutely must spend it, maybe buy 5000 lottery tickets which will probably give you more chance of becoming a millionaire. You could also go on holiday to Barbados for a month, because if you don't, that's what the gurus will be doing when you pay them 5k for one day. In fact, what am I talking about, 40 students at 5k for 8hrs work, thatís a month in Barbados and an Austin Martin.

At last - its great to also read JerseyLamb about DA Discovery Workshop as I too have been getting alot of his mailshots. At least he is helping people make money (if they have a hot product to start with), whereas I think Andrew Reynolds just takes your dosh and runs, (as far as I know talking to others on bizz opp forums)

I've just joined the forum after being recommended to because I was looking for independent reviews of The Discovery Workshop.
    I'm indebited to you jerseylamb for your view on this.
    I'm all for calculated risk but its seems stacked in his favour as he can decide if your product is 'Hot' or not and 5K a helluva lot of dough if its not.
    And critically he holds all the contacts, fulfillment capabilities as well.
    However I do remember reading that one of his guarantees is a full refund after 12 months + 500 quid on top if you don't make the investment back and more so, not sure how that would work though.
    Not sure who this Andrew Reynolds fella is but as there is a massive thread on him on here he must cause a lot of debate.
    Anyway I wanted to post as I would like to thank not only jerseylamb but also UK Money and slyle for their input on this as well

Regards

Sangreal

Quote Originally Posted by jerseylamb View Post
    Yes, i attended his workshop and i did not pay 5,000 pounds. I paid 20% of that i.e. 1,000 pounds and if i had it to do again i would not spend even that amount.
    David claims to be different than all the other guys like Andrew Reynolds etc, etc. And in some respects he is different however, if you spend 5,000 pounds for a one day talk that is all you will get-a talk for 8-hours which certainly is not worth the 1,000 pounds i spent-believe me. When i attended i felt sorry for the other mugs there who had spent 5,000 pounds to get the same info i got on the day for 1,000. The essense of David's philosophy is: you do research on the Internet and find a product with no copyright, make it your own and he will market it to his list for a fifty percent cut. Obvously, you need to come up with a hot product or it will not work so that's your problem. If your product is good you could do well with David's help. Now i have just saved you 5,000 pounds and anyone else who may read this. If you find a good product you could approach marketers and arrange a joint venture without having to attend a very expensive workshop. I can attend a Tony Robins workshop for about 200 pounds per day or an Andrew Reynolds charity workshop for 149 pounds which lasts 3-days. So even the 1,000 pounds that i spent was with hindsight not worth it. In my experience unless you are getting a tangible product/system that you can take to market you are wasting your money! Getting a product is actually the easy part, marketing the product is the difficult part. You will need the right lists for your niche and the money to reach the list and a system to take the payments automatically etc. I did come up with a product however, it did not do very well. In fairness to David i would need to come up with a product with much greater appeal. I think out of each workshop maybe one person will come up with a winning product now, that's not David's fault however, it is a reality to bear in mind. I know of a couple who attended an Andrew Reynolds 10-grand workshop about a year ago and were given products to market which they did and consequently made 400,000 pounds which is 40 times their investment which is fantastic if you can manage it. Other people who attended the same workshop have yet to start so there are many variables with all of these workshops. You need to get all the angles however, the trick is not to go bankrupt whilst your going through the learning curve! Hope this is of some help? JL

DESPERATION DAYS!

Since I last posted nearly 6-months ago I have received numerous offers from David Anderson both to attend further workshops and to purchase his latest products or the products of his acquaintances on which he gets 50% commission.

I would say that his letters and emails which have arrived more and more frequently have become more and more desperate in recent times as he trys to draw people to his expensive workshops during the current economic downturn.

It is obvious that people are not responding at previous rates as he keeps on pitching the same workshops or products over and over again with a different hook each time.

So whilst David Anderson claims to be a coach in reality he is a "salesman" constantly trying to sell both old and new students either a workshop or an information product and in that sense he is no different than Andrew Reynolds or Tim Lowe etc, etc.

GUARANTEES

I would suggest you do not entertain the idea of getting your money back as David has that many clauses in the contract he will always find an excuse for not giving you your money back. I certainly have not been given one-penny back and I do not know of one single person who ever has!

TESTIMONIALS

I can confirm that testimonials are obtained mainly on the day of the workshop in fact, at the end of the day after people have been 'hyped up' and given hope that they will do well. However, whilst these testimonials look good on the website the following day they do not reflect the future reality for most people. People may leave the workshop full of hope but hope does not equal success. After all many people hope to win the lottery but how many actually do?

THE DRAGONS DEN

Any one that has watched the dragons den will know that no matter how good you think your product is or how much money you spent on it does not mean your product will be a winner. Some people will dismiss it so fast you won't even have the opportunity to finish your pitch.

I personally know what it is like to put a product together only to have it dismissed as not having the right ingredients and I can tell you it is not a nice feeling but it is a reality I have to deal with and so will you if you actually get a product together. And further more, David Anderson is just like the dragons i.e. he does not mince his words, he will tell you it is rubbish - be ready for that and if you are new to business and have not, as yet, developed a skin like a Rhino do yourself a favour and stay at home. That will save you not only a lot of money but a lot of heart-ache aswell!!!

Gordon Gekko

One final thought. In the film Wallstreet Gordon Gekko who is the very personification of GREED says most people throw darts at a dartboard but I only bet on SURE things. In other words, he has INSIDER information. Well, David Anderson has inside information, he owns list-creating companies for example and he sure-as-heck does not bet on losers, he will only use his inside information to promote winners. Now personally, I don't blame him for that after all I would not want to throw my money away on a poor product and lets face it neither would you.

But, you need to know how the game works? Gekko turns to the would-be player 'Budd Fox' and says: "Budd, I look at 100 deals a day - I choose ONE!" David Anderson is no different i.e. he looks at 100's of proposals from would-be entrepreneurs and chooses just one to test and if the test goes REALLY well he will promote that product. However, if the test result is poor he will send you back to the drawing board with your tail between your legs.

And if you ever have the audacity to ask for your money back you will find it is a bit like trying to take a juicy bone of a 'pit-bull-terier.'

Here endeth the lesson!!!

Thanks once again Jerseylamb
    What a barsteward!!, anyway the reality it seems dosen't live up to the hype (as usual) have now unsubscribed to all his emails (hopefully will work) I think its about time that common sense gripped people instead of hype which seems to have been precedent for a long time now.
    By all means start a business but put the cash that would give to these "Gurus" into it work at it, make the mistakes, keep working at it and you just might create the future you really want off you own esteem instead of getting all hyped up thinking you have some magic bullet to make it all work instantly and then scrap around for support and a roadmap of how put it all together, I'm sorry just realised it's turned into a little bit of a preach wasn't my intention.
    I'm just lucky I haven't spent thousands on course after course looking for the holy grail so I don't mean to preach but by reading this thread I've averted from wasting 5K+ and stated down that road.
    Have to say though the marketing is very effective and very convincing from these "Gurus" but I was lucky enough to think and try to get some independant advice and found it.
    So Thanks Again

Sangreal

work
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseylamb View Post
    DESPERATION DAYS!

Since I last posted nearly 6-months ago I have received numerous offers from David Anderson both to attend further workshops and to purchase his latest products or the products of his acquaintances on which he gets 50% commission.

I would say that his letters and emails which have arrived more and more frequently have become more and more desperate in recent times as he trys to draw people to his expensive workshops during the current economic downturn.

It is obvious that people are not responding at previous rates as he keeps on pitching the same workshops or products over and over again with a different hook each time.

So whilst David Anderson claims to be a coach in reality he is a "salesman" constantly trying to sell both old and new students either a workshop or an information product and in that sense he is no different than Andrew Reynolds or Tim Lowe etc, etc.

GUARANTEES

I would suggest you do not entertain the idea of getting your money back as David has that many clauses in the contract he will always find an excuse for not giving you your money back. I certainly have not been given one-penny back and I do not know of one single person who ever has!

TESTIMONIALS

I can confirm that testimonials are obtained mainly on the day of the workshop in fact, at the end of the day after people have been 'hyped up' and given hope that they will do well. However, whilst these testimonials look good on the website the following day they do not reflect the future reality for most people. People may leave the workshop full of hope but hope does not equal success. After all many people hope to win the lottery but how many actually do?

THE DRAGONS DEN

Any one that has watched the dragons den will know that no matter how good you think your product is or how much money you spent on it does not mean your product will be a winner. Some people will dismiss it so fast you won't even have the opportunity to finish your pitch.

I personally know what it is like to put a product together only to have it dismissed as not having the right ingredients and I can tell you it is not a nice feeling but it is a reality I have to deal with and so will you if you actually get a product together. And further more, David Anderson is just like the dragons i.e. he does not mince his words, he will tell you it is rubbish - be ready for that and if you are new to business and have not, as yet, developed a skin like a Rhino do yourself a favour and stay at home. That will save you not only a lot of money but a lot of heart-ache aswell!!!

Gordon Gekko

One final thought. In the film Wallstreet Gordon Gekko who is the very personification of GREED says most people throw darts at a dartboard but I only bet on SURE things. In other words, he has INSIDER information. Well, David Anderson has inside information, he owns list-creating companies for example and he sure-as-heck does not bet on losers, he will only use his inside information to promote winners. Now personally, I don't blame him for that after all I would not want to throw my money away on a poor product and lets face it neither would you.

But, you need to know how the game works? Gekko turns to the would-be player 'Budd Fox' and says: "Budd, I look at 100 deals a day - I choose ONE!" David Anderson is no different i.e. he looks at 100's of proposals from would-be entrepreneurs and chooses just one to test and if the test goes REALLY well he will promote that product. However, if the test result is poor he will send you back to the drawing board with your tail between your legs.

And if you ever have the audacity to ask for your money back you will find it is a bit like trying to take a juicy bone of a 'pit-bull-terier.'

Here endeth the lesson!!!

Please be aware, David Anderson is now going the way of Andrew Reynolds in that he is asking people to sign up to a monthly direct-debit scheme for one of his courses.

Reynolds has perfected the art of stringing people along. Indeed, he has been taking £30 a month of some 10,000 people for 38-months now and the monthly modules are full of fluff and filler. There is very little substance in each module which enables Reynolds to keep people on the long-finger. This is very clever and lucrative so it would seem others like David Anderson have now caught on and have started to email or post letters to thousands of unsuspecting people to get them hooked on the idea of monthly training modules so if you get one of these emails or letters you have been warned!

Be careful, it's a jungle out there!

Ok, David Anderson's new monthly course is now available and guess what? It's only £197 a month! I thought I would let you know so you can all rush over to his site and sign up but don't all rush at once will you? You know if David gets too much money at once he might get scared and withdraw the course and wouldn't that be a shame? I mean I wouldn't want thousands of people to miss the opportunity to hand-over £197 every month would you?

Ive been on Andrew reynolds workshop, Tim Lowes workshop and David Andersons. Andrews and Tims (his best pal) are a waste of time, promise everything about making money when in fact their money is made from the workshop, I didnt make a penny with them and neither did anyone else I spoke to - a big con.

Davids promise of guarantee is NOT a refund but its twisted and does not read as printed - strangely enough -

The workshop is £5k the mentoring by email (about 1 per month) if your lucky is (free) after 12 months you may get refund but NOT if he markets to his list then you get 0

If your taken in by the workshop hype you will probably give a testimonial NONE are ever after the workshop - I wonder why!

Been there done that. too many times-never again they are all the same.

Hi hooklineandsinker,

I've had a very similar experience to you by the sound of things.

BTW - There seems to be an awful lot of david anderson workshop victims, considering that he can only work with a handful of people due to the intensive nature of the support (laughs hysterically).

I've realised what he's doing. From each workshop, if he gets 2 or 3 people producing finished projects to market - based on the fact that he does about 4 or 5 workshops a year (from what I've heard) - that gives him between 8 and 15 new products to market each year.

Here's the good bit. He expects you to implicitly trust him, to the extent that he has full control of marketing the product and gives you 50% of the NET profits. Of course, his whole marketing process is so darned expensive (costing thousands and thousands), that even if your product does really well - say generating £20k. Your NET profit will end up being something like £2k - if your lucky.

Here's the best bit. He starts you off with a fully impressive, unmitigating 'Double Protection' (his words) guarantee.

If after 12 months you don't think you can make 6 figure income doing what he's shown you - you get your money back plus £500.

BUT - If he markets your product, the guarantee is void and you lose your £4.5k workshop fee.

One of the major scam points to take out of this, is that during the 12 month period, DA doesn't teach you any techniques or strategies that 'show you' how to make a 6 figure income.

All he does do, is offer you advice regards creating your product and he puts effort into this aspect, because he wants a marketable product created (by you). What's important to know, is that he doesn't show you 'what' to do with it. This I now know, is because he wants control of it (setting up website, payment etc - everything).

He also doctored my workshop testimonial. When I read it on another of his sites not related to the workshop, he'd had it changed - so you can't even believe the testimonials.

David Anderson's workshop is one of the biggest scams going - steer clear.

Hi scammedatbyda

Interesting point you make about the refund, did you at ANY point understand the double guarantee was in fact bolloks or did you like me think it was as it says- if you dont think after 12 months of mentoring you cant make £100,000 a year working with me I will refund all your fee plus £500

I was never told if I bring him a product to market and he sends to his list I wont be getting anything refunded I cant see that printed anywhere, he does make a big point in speaking with forked tongue but hides behind the double guarantee as he really means double crossing.

Has anybody ever asked David Anderson for a refund - has anybody received it - has anybody made any money with him - he markets his very attractive guarantee as he knows exactly how it will be received then tells you a load of bullsh.

Who has been on his course, what did you think the guarantee meant did you ask him for refund.

[quote=scammedatbyda;791270]Hi hooklineandsinker,

Hi andy

Stevie Here, lost your email address when I had a disaster with the hard drive, Was hoping you would email me.

Took ages for me to find this comment, send me a quick email to catch up.

cheers

Stephen

Jerseylamb:
    I would love to have your personal details to check if you ever did attend a David Anderson workshop!! I know for a fact that no one has ever been to a Discovery Wrokshop for £1000 so you are in my opinion a liar. I am not sure what your beef is but I have been to his Discovery Workshop and I have personally made over £890,000 by putting what he teaches into practice.

What annoys me is small minded idiots like you who are incapable of making any money then blame others who are genuinely trying to help you! What a joke you are.

Get your facts right, stop telling untruths, and stop sounding like a winging ponce.

hooklineandsinker:
    Get a life, get off your backside and make the effort it takes to actually be successful. I did and I am reaping the rewards but I did it on my own - why the hell do you expect someone else to just hand you money for nothing!

scammedatbyda:

You are a complete waster, if you had a product and couldn't market it then whats the problem giving it to one of these top UK marketers to sell on a joint venture? what's the matter with you - are you jealous of on Tim Lowe, Andew Reynalds etc because they have made money from hard work when you haven't because you are just a winging wxxxer who wastes time on forums complaining about stuff he has never tried.

Guys - look at the bigger picture - these guru's ARE helping lots of decent people make money and yes maybe a few people decide to fail and complain but that's life and that's business!

you're a in tw@...you aint made jack shite....BTW anyone heard about this CPA workshop...coz i've had the same mailshot over three different emails and two different names at the same address....so much for personal in vitation to a select few...hahahahaha....

Davids Offer -David Anderson Discovery Workshop

Davids Offer, new product is also by the same man, David Anderson. His daughter goes to the same school as Princess Annes' (UK) daughter. He certainly must be needing a lot of money to keep it going and it comes from us, but I dont mind paying him towards it, if WHAT he is offering is genuine.

http://www.DavidsOffer.co.uk. Does this make you money? I dont want to read testimonials taken on the day. I have been to such courses and testimonials are taken under pressure, after a hype up. I want to read honest testimonials sent voluntarily after the course to say that they have made money and within what time?

My questions: Does it require you to pay extra to get this Davids Offer running? Probably website monthly cost is one and what else? Anyone been on this newly named course? He promises to send you orders and then what do you do with it? I suppose spend a good amount on marketing it, and selling it for him? Is this what you do?

Please do not reply that it is a scam without evidence and when you have not even attended. This is unfair and illegal. I would like to hear only from those who have attended please, or if you know someone who has attended. Please do not lie for David Anderson as you are bound to get caught out. At the same time those who are making money from this product will not want to come here to tell us that they are. So, get a balanced understanding on all this.
    UK.
    Last edited by sarahuk; 04-22-2010 at 05:26 AM.