+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is there a God?

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Re: Is there a God?

The word "clever" implies deceit. You also believe that I lie awake at night worrying about saving your soul. That isn't a part of my religious beliefs. My statement is only to show you the futility of trying to convert others.

Here's a truth most of Christianity does not accept.

God is NOT trying to save the entire world at this time. He is only calling a FEW. Your time comes AFTER His Return. That makes all of these debates irrelevant. Christians have a DUTY to preach the Gospel message. The rest is in God's hands.

So, I mentioned ONE reason I believe what I believe. What you believe means little to me. God will call you in HIS time. Don't think so much of yourself that you believe I have a strong interest in convincing you of anything .

The word "clever" implies deceit.
    Not according to Merriam-Webster:

intelligent and able to learn things quickly: showing intelligent thinking
    : funny in a way that shows intelligence

You also believe that I lie awake at night worrying about saving your soul.
    No, I don't believe that. You cannot possibly know my thoughts, unless I relate them to you. I don't believe that I posted anything asking you to pray for me.

My statement is only to show you the futility of trying to convert others.
    Folks must convert themelves. Hopefully for their sake, they convert themselves based on testable perceptions founded in reality and objectivity, and not on superstitions and insecurities.

Here's a truth most of Christianity does not accept. God is NOT trying to save the entire world at this time. He is only calling a FEW.
    Strictly dogma rooted in emotional beliefs.....not one thing more. What objective truth gives credence to this belief in you?

Christians have a DUTY to preach the Gospel message.
    In reality, Christians have a duty to preach their gospel ONLY when asked to do so by any person who might be willing to hear it. Any impertinent breach of this "contract' is usually an affront to the listener's intelligence.

Don't think so much of yourself that you believe I have a strong interest in convincing you of anything .
    You take way too much for granted, con. Please show me my quote where I asked you to convince me to revert back to a belief in Christianity.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    A lot of people have seen a lot of things. Because you haven't doesn't discredit them.

have you ever seen a dinner plate stand up by itself and spin like a top?

I've seen enough to KNOW there is a spirit world .

For other reasons I KNOW. the God of Israel is the only one true god.
    was that a $5 a PLATE dinner or $500!? ::judges::spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    The word "clever" implies deceit. You also believe that I lie awake at night worrying about saving your soul. That isn't a part of my religious beliefs. My statement is only to show you the futility of trying to convert others.

Here's a truth most of Christianity does not accept.

God is NOT trying to save the entire world at this time. He is only calling a FEW. Your time comes AFTER His Return. That makes all of these debates irrelevant. Christians have a DUTY to preach the Gospel message. The rest is in God's hands.

So, I mentioned ONE reason I believe what I believe. What you believe means little to me. God will call you in HIS time. Don't think so much of yourself that you believe I have a strong interest in convincing you of anything .
    OH wait.......judge JOODY says...........dont PISS on my leg and say it's RAINING?! so lets see, god is NOT trying to CONVINCE anybody by FORCE and YET YOO wish to FORCE upon the VOTING public those who REPRESENT him in YOUR mind!? i'm sure you have a CLEVER OUT for THAT 1!? i know what your PROBLEM is.............you GOT it GOOD and DONT want to GIVE it up like JOBe had to!? NOT even TEMPORARILY!? as in TEMPORAL!?..........................WHO KNEW!? not the JOO!? : :yelcutelaughA: :spin2: :judges:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you