+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Krav Manga

Krav Manga

In the past, I have dabbled in a few different martial arts, and mixed martial arts.

For a few years, I became kinda lazy, and following my recent seperation, I would like to do something more constructive with my evenings. I feel that going back to do something physical would interest me. A friend told me about Krav Manga, which I had never heard of before.

I did a little reading about it on the net, and it is clearly not a sport, nor a martial art, yet it appeals.

Has anyone ever tried it, or know anyone that has?

If so, I am in my early 40's, do you think this is too old to start?

There are a couple of places in my city that do it, one of them charges 10 a lesson, which, compared to other fighting styles seems a little steep (or is it?).
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Re: Krav Manga

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
    In the past, I have dabbled in a few different martial arts, and mixed martial arts.

For a few years, I became kinda lazy, and following my recent seperation, I would like to do something more constructive with my evenings. I feel that going back to do something physical would interest me. A friend told me about Krav Manga, which I had never heard of before.

I did a little reading about it on the net, and it is clearly not a sport, nor a martial art, yet it appeals.

Has anyone ever tried it, or know anyone that has?

If so, I am in my early 40's, do you think this is too old to start?

There are a couple of places in my city that do it, one of them charges 10 a lesson, which, compared to other fighting styles seems a little steep (or is it?).
    I've never heard of this particular Martial Art, but then there's a lot of things I've never heard of.
    I once tried to learn Ti CHi. But the Instructor that was a woman faced us to demonstrate the moves. We, in turn had to mimic these moves. But not only were we learning something we never had experienced before, but as we were doing it we had to think and perform in reverse to her.
    I don't know if you followed that, but I think it would have been better if she had had a large mirror, say seven-eight feet high and quite wide. She would face the mirror and perfomr her moves demostration techniuqes and we could have observed and moved as she di. I quit the class after about the third session, I was so frustrated.
    I really think regardless of whatever other martial art a person does, they should know and practice Tai Chi. It seems to me that is conditions the mind and body in a very special manner.
    Then, when entering in a performing other Martial Arts, the Tai Chi really supports the possibility of achieving excellence in these others.
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    I really think regardless of whatever other martial art a person does, they should know and practice Tai Chi. It seems to me that is conditions the mind and body in a very special manner.
    Then, when entering in a performing other Martial Arts, the Tai Chi really supports the possibility of achieving excellence in these others.
    I have heard many good things about Tai Chai.

Perhaps I could find a class that does that, and do it alongside the Krav Manga?
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Perhaps I could find a class that does that, and do it alongside the Krav Manga?
    I have a tape by David Carridine ( of Kung Fu fame ) who is a Tai Chai. Master. It starts with a simple exlpaniation of all the moves followed by demonstrations and allos you the luxury of training in your own home whenever you want to. Saves money to.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

WHy not? Should ber a very fufilling experience...
    Vasudeva

Re: jordan shoes

I have been doing some reading on Krav Maga and it seems to be a really great way of self defense. but at my age I do think I will stick to walking and some tai chi

I want to push this spamming dingus down, but seriously, I am in the market for a new tent...Any suggestions?