+ Reply to Thread

Electricity4Gas Scam?

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am really a mechanic and EV buff, but I wanted to get on to this scam forum to try and alert the public about some people who are throwing so DIY electric conversion guides on the net and they talk in a way that makes their products humanly impossible to accomplish...

For example this electricity4gas guide on the net says that you can convert your car for a few hundred dollars, but it is really impossible for any beginner to convert a car for so little money.

Sure it is possible to convert a car for $1500 with the right searching for parts. Is that so bad? It beats paying for gas prices doesn't it? Are they afraid people will be turned off by that price? In the long run I'm sure they would save money.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of more people converting their cars, but I want them to know the real way it should be done. I did not read the guide, but I hope it is really what it promises because I don't want this kind of stuff to hurt the EV conversion effort that is going around the country.

Check out the site:
    www.electricity4gas.com

Thanks,

Jo
    Last edited by jotansian; 09-27-2008 at 11:35 AM.

Re: Electricity4Gas Scam?

Thank you kindly. I am sure all of at SCAM.COM will appreciate your knowledge of this information. Strange I clicked out of scam yesterday, to find I was still on here? Glitches have been happening.like I will post a new ARTICLE and it doubles on the forums. CAN you tell the owner about this?

I found a little bit more about this site as well as another, convert2ev that I found on an electric car conversion forum.

They explain that what the sites say is impossible and also talk about the pages themselves:

http://www.evdl.org/archive/index.ht...ble-td19470461

Fact is that if you want completely electric car with decent mileage it will cost you $10k-$20k to buy batteries. They are that expensive.

I purchased the manual. After going through it I found I had gleened more information off the web than what was contained in the book. They have responded to my request for a refund, which is enlightening, we shall see where that leads.

That book itself is nothing more than mere pointers graced with a couple of simple diagrams and maybe a dozen links to easily found websites.

A couple of things I found interesting:
    1. Their site updates it's "sale" to expire at midnight every day.

2. The comments I created at a couple of review sites disappeared very quickly, leaving no clue that I was ever there.

I would hate to see anyone wasting their money and/or time on this "venture" even if they can get a refund.

Hi...
    I too found the same problem but your posting worked good..
    Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by jotansian View Post
    I found a little bit more about this site as well as another, convert2ev that I found on an electric car conversion forum.

They explain that what the sites say is impossible and also talk about the pages themselves:

http://www.evdl.org/archive/index.ht...ble-td19470461