+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paul Newman

Paul Newman

My favorite actor passed away..."Cool hand Luke" the rebel.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/ente...7/Obit.Newman/
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

Re: Paul Newman

So long Butch.

"The fall will probably kill ya"
    Last edited by carolinahound; 09-27-2008 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post

As much as I admired Mr. Newman for his acting ability, I admired him more for his dedication to his wife and children. When asked once about the possibility of his straying he replied, I have steak at home, why go out for hamburger. You will be sorely missed Paul, may you rest in peace.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Paul Neuman was one of the best - not many like him around these days:rasta:

He made and produced films not based on minute to minute violence, screaming and calamitious noise...

Also, they had a congninant story line, were artful and entertaining.

Yes, he was a dedicated family man that obviously didn't carry out the scenario that Actors/Actresses have to be bed hoppers, drug addicts and hell raisers.

He was also a very generous and benevolent man with his money. Gave millions to many charitable causes.

Problems is when this kind -pass from this life their replacement, in kind, are few and far between.
    Last edited by coontie; 09-27-2008 at 04:13 PM.
    Vasudeva

well,he wasn't my fav!?but i liked him!?i just looked at his films and i dont remember most if i saw them at all but butch cassidy i remember!?from that same genre i'd pick henry fonda,gregory peck,robert redford,but more to his style,steve mcqueen,and my actual fav,kurt russel!?talk about a winning personality!?maybe partly cause he was hitched to goldy!?that was so hot at the time!?they're still together!?: :crazy1: :spin2: heeh!!......just askn...
    Last edited by lexx; 09-29-2008 at 02:07 AM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

oh no, i am really saddened to hear that. cool hand luke is my fave movie. a great performance by newman. I just watched it a few days ago again :1crysad:

Paul Newman was a great actor, and a great person. I have to share with you an "incedent" that occured at a mobil station where I get a paper and smokes before I go for brunch on Sundays...
    *Rant*
    So I drop the Sunday Burlington Free Press on the counter, with the article facing the clerk and say, "man, what a loss." So he (neo-conservative shit stain, as I have come to find out) actually tried to convince me that it was terrible that he (Newman) got a full page write up, why he tells me, because he is a liberal...WTF...I tried to explain that maybe, just maybe he got a full page write up because ha has been making awesome movies, and doing wonderful things for society in general for decades and decades. We argued back and forth for a bit until I realized what I was trying to reason with, and I bailed...

It was like arguing on the political threads...Absolute waste of time...

I am now officially boycotting this station, and telling everyone that will listen the same...Is this over reaction on my part, what would you have done? (BTW I plan on finding the pages and pages of write-ups for Reagan's death, rolling them into a ball and shoving them up his neo-keister!)

* End Rant*

PS Thank's for listening, I had to get that out:sun_smiley:
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete View Post
    Paul Newman was a great actor, and a great person. I have to share with you an "incedent" that occured at a mobil station where I get a paper and smokes before I go for brunch on Sundays...
    *Rant*
    So I drop the Sunday Burlington Free Press on the counter, with the article facing the clerk and say, "man, what a loss." So he (neo-conservative shit stain, as I have come to find out) actually tried to convince me that it was terrible that he (Newman) got a full page write up, why he tells me, because he is a liberal...WTF...I tried to explain that maybe, just maybe he got a full page write up because ha has been making awesome movies, and doing wonderful things for society in general for decades and decades. We argued back and forth for a bit until I realized what I was trying to reason with, and I bailed...

I am now officially boycotting this station, and telling everyone that will listen the same...Is this over reaction on my part, what would you have done? (BTW I plan on finding the pages and pages of write-ups for Reagan's death, rolling them into a ball and shoving them up his neo-keister!)

* End Rant*

congratulations!? and thanks for being todays WHAT NOT TO DO example!?your way to "sensitive" for a guy!?ASK KATE where you went wrong!?......and oh,the other movie i remember him for was "the sting"!?: :freak3: :judges: heeh!!.....just askn...
    Last edited by lexx; 09-29-2008 at 02:35 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete View Post
    *Rant*

* End Rant*

I like the "shit stain" reference - that is putting someone into perspective in an undoubtable manner! Kudos!
    The ole papers with al the Reagan Bullshit? Just leave them on his counter with the evidence of your finishing your morning toilet on them. That is as nice as I can say it!:freak3:

Yes, undoubtely Paul Newman was one of the greatest human beings of his time. Yes he was flawed, since he walked in the flesh. Aren't we all , in one way or another. But some are not so flawed and really do try to make something of their life and do something helpful and worthwhile for others.
    I for one appreciated the man and his mostly exemplarly benevolence. More like him would change the world. For the better!
    But, rest assured, there are others out there. We seldom hear from or about them as these type seldom are mentioned or recognized. Especially while they are living.
    That is one of our human failures; not to acknowledge our better more often and while they are living. If only to just say thanks for making our planet better.
    Last edited by coontie; 09-29-2008 at 03:31 PM.
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by Spamma Scammer View Post
    oh no, i am really saddened to hear that. cool hand luke is my fave movie. a great performance by newman. I just watched it a few days ago again :1crysad:
    it was on my tv channel and i missed it!?darn!!: :crazy1: : heeh!!.....just askn...

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    it was on my tv channel and i missed it!?darn!!: :crazy1: : heeh!!.....just askn...
    Nobody could have played the part of cool hand luke better than the man Paul Newman himself. He made that movie what i was, no doubt about it :judges::liefde::spin2::

Paul Newman he was one TALENTED ACTOR. I really enjoyed watching his movies. This summer they played COOL HAND LUKE a few times, I just kept watching him. I wonder when they will put on Butch Cassidy and the ******** Kid? I bought some cookies today Ginger cookies that are a brand by PAUL NEWMAN and his daughter Nell. Not sweet at all. and they are actually mellow and tasty. You were so full of empathy for the less fortunate, you were such a kind and decent person. I watched him on Larry King a few weeks ago, it was taped and a few years ago. I read taht he gave up on acting last year, do you know why? He said his memory was not so good anymore. Well , He will come back to earth and when you do buddy, it will be a paradise. ONE OF THE GREATEST ACTORS OF ALL TIME.... PAUL LEONARD NEWMAN

SCAM why did you bleep out the name of the movie title is s u n d a n c e a bad word? what is going on here?

bumpyb:
    Vasudeva