+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TV Show's

TV Show's

What are some of your favorite TV shows of today and of yesteryear?

Some of my favorite shows of yesteryear were: Knight-Rider, The A-Team, Dukes of Hazard.

Some shows of today: Ghost-Hunter's, Destination Truth, South Park.
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

Re: TV Show's

Quote Originally Posted by Knight-mare View Post
    What are some of your favorite TV shows of today and of yesteryear?

Some of my favorite shows of yesteryear were: Knight-Rider, The A-Team, Dukes of Hazard.

Some shows of today: Ghost-Hunter's, Destination Truth, South Park.
    I go for Bones, dancing with the stars, numbers and cold case

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

One favorite was the older Johhny Carson show and Carol Burnett. Carrol, especially, with her cast, was absolutely hilarious. Got many a laugh from them. Tim Conway was one of them - great! I will think of some others...
    Oh yeah, was it "Roland and Martin"? They finally got kicked off of the air because of some political gout. I liked all the various skits.
    As well, what show was that that had the Fonzz? Oh, yeah... "Happy Days". Also, "Andy of Mayberry". Barney Fife was a toot! HAd an old rusty pistol on his belt with one bullet that he had had so long that the lead was almost worn off of the thing.
    Thern there was "Laverne and Shirley"; too funny as well.
    Ahhh for those times - never again.
    There was so many more!
    Vasudeva

I am really into Ghost Hunters. Got the complete first season on DVD for B'day. It is great! Dukes of Hazards was also my fav. back in the day. I am really into HOUSE right now too.

i generally dont like police shows but law&order series and 'cops' gets my attention!?PBS is my fav haunt though!?c-span racks up most of my hours of tv time!?and ALL the reality shows!?nuthin like the real world to show me how the 'other people' live!?the 'chosen' 1's!?the 'players'!?and hopefully,1 day i will find,.......the "secret"!?or better yet,it will find me!?i like that idea better!?:freak3: :spin2: : : heeh!?.....just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i generally dont like police shows but law&order series and 'cops' gets my attention!?PBS is my fav haunt though!?c-span racks up most of my hours of tv time!?and ALL the reality shows!?nuthin like the real world to show me how the 'other people' live!?the 'chosen' 1's!?the 'players'!?and hopefully,1 day i will find,.......the "secret"!?or better yet,it will find me!?i like that idea better!?:freak3: :spin2: : : heeh!?.....just askn...
    I do agree with you on PBS. Favorites are Nove and any of the Discovery shows. But for the most part, most of the TV programming today just plain sucks
    Last edited by Old Timer; 09-26-2008 at 06:47 AM.

i've been struggling to find/pick a representative older tv show that covered all the bases for me!?it turns out to be...TAXI...!?it has/had it all!?tragedy,drama,comedy,real life roots,and an unforgettable theme song!?or how about.....MASH....!?that's more to the reality of our world of constant war(s) and how we as pawns in the larger game make our attemps to instill/remember that sanity does/can exist amidst it all!?:freak3: :spin2: :judges: : heeh!!.....just askn.....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i've been struggling to find/pick a representative older tv show that covered all the bases for me!?it turns out to be...TAXI...!?it has/had it all!?tragedy,drama,comedy,real life roots,and an unforgettable theme song!?or how about.....MASH....!?that's more to the reality of our world of constant war(s) and how we as pawns in the larger game make our attemps to instill/remember that sanity does/can exist amidst it all!?:freak3: :spin2: :judges: : heeh!!.....just askn.....
    I must say those are really excellent choices. But I seem to prefer the comedy shows of Red Skelton, Jack Benny and the likes of Milton Berle. They gave me an escape from the harsh reality I faced each day. Now There are none like that any more.

Currently I like PBS; "Front-Line", NOVA, Nature and other specials there. Also, National Geographic, History Channel, How Things Are Made, Anthony Bordain; "No Reservations" and Zimmerman and his weird food taste/choices and the likes. ALso, TABOO - some strangeeee stuff in that program.

Older programs [another] Ed Sullivan; he was a really "stiff" and "Stodgy" individual, but had some great entertainers. I had to laugh when he had Elvis Presley on his show. He cautioned Elvis not to do anything vulgar and wouldn't allow any scenes of Elvis, below his waist, when he danced.
    Yeah, MASH was great as well.
    Vasudeva

Currently, I like the new show Terminator The Sarah Connor Cronicles. I'm also looking forward to the new Knight-Rider show. I have also enjoyed watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It actually wasn't too bad.
    I have also enjoyed watching Star Trek, Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager.
    Now, I'm not a trekkie, however if there are any fans of the Star Trek series, I have a question for you.
    Who was the best Star Trek captian? My opinion, I think it was Capt. Picard.
    Last edited by Knight-mare; 09-26-2008 at 05:40 PM.
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

Quote Originally Posted by Knight-mare View Post
    Currently, I like the new show Terminator The Sarah Connor Cronicles. I'm also looking forward to the new Knight-Rider show. I have also enjoyed watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It actually wasn't too bad.
    I have also enjoyed watching Star Trek, Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager.
    Now, I'm not a trekkie, however if there are any fans of the Star Trek series, I have a question for you.
    Who was the best Star Trek captian? My opinion, I think it was Capt. Picard.
    Yup I think that he gave it a more realistic touch.

Star Trek The Next Generation

MacGyver

Transformers (The original one)

G.I Joe (The original one)

Batman The animated series (the one from the 90's)

Superman The animated series (the one from the 90's)
    "Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true."

they have the ol' reruns goin on now side by side so i'm back with the "KIRK"!?spock,bones,scotty,chapel,sulu,chekov,uhura!?i was really ripped when the new series voyager turned out to be a backwards leap to the past!?:freak3: :spin2: :judges: :heeh!!.....just askn..

I loved the Dukes of Hazard. What a great show. Oh and Daisy Duke. Also Night Rider. Cool show. I have not seen the new show yet. Reviews seem to be mixed. That mustang looks cool does it not. Also the show Airwolf was pretty cool. How about the six million dollar man? Though in time today he would be called the six billion dollar man.

Speaking of t.v., is it my imagination or are there more and frequent Commercial Advertiseements being aired now. Especially when one watches the News, it seems like their "drill" [typical habit] is to give about 90 seconds of progam content, then 90 seconds of Commercial Media. Or, sometimes, 90 seconds of program content and then somewhere areound 3 minutes of COmmerical Contne.
    As well, most of these Commercials are poorly done and on the cheap. Then, they run the same damn sorry thing over and over. I like the Mute button on the remote, although I can read their lips and because of hearing the same dam thing so much I can recite the lines from memory.
    I think it takes a lot of nerve to innundate a privater individual with al of this Commercial Crap, on the basis that they have to do so to support programmiong cost. Well, I think they accomplish this to the tune of several thousand percent. ANd it is done at great expense to the viewer; one has to pay for the t.v. they watch the media on, pay for the electricity and the cable or satellite connection and pay for the space where the t.v. resides. These people do nothing but turn out mostly sorry programming content and all of tehm act like they are some sort of important celeberties.
    YUK!
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    Speaking of t.v., is it my imagination or are there more and frequent Commercial Advertiseements being aired now. Especially when one watches the News, it seems like their "drill" [typical habit] is to give about 90 seconds of progam content, then 90 seconds of Commercial Media. Or, sometimes, 90 seconds of program content and then somewhere areound 3 minutes of COmmerical Contne.
    As well, most of these Commercials are poorly done and on the cheap. Then, they run the same damn sorry thing over and over. I like the Mute button on the remote, although I can read their lips and because of hearing the same dam thing so much I can recite the lines from memory.
    I think it takes a lot of nerve to innundate a privater individual with al of this Commercial Crap, on the basis that they have to do so to support programmiong cost. Well, I think they accomplish this to the tune of several thousand percent. ANd it is done at great expense to the viewer; one has to pay for the t.v. they watch the media on, pay for the electricity and the cable or satellite connection and pay for the space where the t.v. resides. These people do nothing but turn out mostly sorry programming content and all of tehm act like they are some sort of important celeberties.
    YUK!
    I once timed an old Mash rerun. A 30 minute program equals 11 minutes of mash and 19 minutes of commercials. Pretty much gave up on TV after that. only watcha few programs now. Todays TV's programming really sucks.