+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Stuart and Tara Tilley

Someone managed to take the thread off the air once again.
    But I will not surrender!
    The most relevant postings will return soon.
    --------:judges:
    These two are a bunch of fraudsters, formerly in building, but mainly in demolition work, gardening and gite management.
    They lost several court cases, had to pay up, never did, and let themselves being declared bankrupt.
    They operated under the company names Bourgogne Solutions, Greenacres Worldwide (what a small world!), 0033.org, Solutions Eco, and still existing Destination Burgundy (gite management), which is managed, according to their website, by the non-profit making Association Ensemble en Bourgogne.

For the record:
    ---:judges:
    Tilley has been using a number of aliases to post on the threads rightly accusing him:
    Robespierre, Alex71, BluebellMarge, MrsC, Stientje, La Parisien, Hotel.du.Morvan, May5th, Lazy Susan, Stewart58.
    He started his own thread in a rather lonely struggle with Burgundy Friends under the STOLEN name of "Rosbif71", which is in reality a peaceful member of BF, who bears no grudge against this organisation whatsoever.
    --------------------------:judges:
    Last but not least, the Tilleys keep posting on the Burgundy Friends site very boring postings, which are adequately answered by the BF Administrator. Here Tilley uses the name of Golfnut.
    ------
    The last person spotted watching our previous thread was a brand new member called Efteling.
    In my little paranoid brain there is a voice saying:
    1. This is not a name any Dutch person would choose;
    2. It could be Stuart or Tara, trying to stress that now they are real Dutch imposters;
    3. It could be the person who translated a letter for Tilley from English into Dutch, which was bordering on blackmail.
    No proof, of course, but keep an eye out for this poster!
    Last edited by Ansje; 09-20-2008 at 01:09 AM.
    ---:judges:----:judges:-:judges:
    Tara Bowers still active, but now in the UK

Re: Stuart and Tara Tilley

I think that a couple of thank yous are in order. Thank you Anjse for your speedy set up of a new thread and of your excellent concise summary of the threads to date and about this bunch of crooks.

We should however, not forget to thank the Tilleys themselves for removing the thread. The old one was getting long and straggly. By constantly removing our threads you play right into our hands Stuart (or was it Tara?), it enables us to remove the boring bits and keep it concise, keep it up!

Steve

I see you're on here this morning, Stuart. Would you like to answer some of the questions that have been asked of you or are you going to
    a. pretend to be someone else
    b. Have a ickle hissy fit and get the thread cancelled
    c. announce that you are going to not say anything any more??
    Last edited by GTR; 09-20-2008 at 01:33 AM.

Oh gutted. He's gone without speaking. :1crysad:

Hi GTR

I'm always happy to post. This way now everyone can see that photo we all love of me and my lovely wife Tara so that you can avoid us if you ever meet us in real life. We are lying cheating ooiks that have conned people out of their money and then gone into vountary liquidation to avoid paying court appointed fines. Excellent business model, I would recommend it to anyone; you take money from your customers, you get someone else to do some work, you don't pay him for the work he has done, you don't finish the work either, you then stop answering all phone calls and emails from this customer and you pocket the money because most of them just give up, brilliant system. In any case we can afford to live for a number of years on the profits and not have to do any work until all this has blown over, then we will start all over again. Works every time.

Stuey

Hi, Tim.
    Welcome to the club.
    Good searching! Where did you pick up this bochure? In the Receivers office? Or are they putting flyers under windscreens nowadays?
    How can they sink so low!
    ------------:judges:
    I can see Tara, sitting on the pavement, selling match sticks.....
    Maybe one day a Danish guy might be able to write a nice story about her.
    ---:judges:
    Stuart can sell postcards in the meantime. I know it is actually Tara's job, but a scrawny woman on the pavement looks better than her scrawny husband.
    -------------------------------------:judges:
    Anyway, ever shook hands with a Tilley?
    You better check the remaining number of fingers afterwards.

For the record (I do not mind admitting a mistake....)
    The Efteling man or woman is NOT to be mistaken for one of Tilleys creations, friends, or even ex-friends.
    Hopefully one day he or she will come up with something useful on the Tilleys, something the gendarmes can put their teeth in.

Ah, the Efteling, that takes me back to my spotty youth. Sprookjesland or Fairytale country. See the connection?
    Saw him again today, the slimy one. Don't worry, me and the elephants won't forget you, matey
    Spotted in Mesvres this time

It is a pity one cannot edit old postings.
    -------------:judges:------:judges:
    My list of Stuart and Tara Aliases was not complete:
    I missed out on "abconstant", and "The real Stuart Tilley" , substantiated by a photo of his ....... yes, his dog!
    Further, Rosbif71 was not the first stolen identity by our super fraudsters....
    On Burgundy Pulse he posted as "Jacques D".
    Before this identity was shot down by one of us, somebody warned us that he knew Jacques D. It turned out there there were 2 Jacques D's floating around.
    It is a bit like "The real and the fake Monkey King".
    -----------------:judges:
    Do not worry, Tilleys, you will not easily be forgotten.
    Last edited by Ansje; 09-21-2008 at 03:16 AM.

TILLEY S.
    The count down has begun.
    58 .........

------------------------------------------------------------:judges:
    Bennet posted a nice(?!?) overview of his dealings with the Tilley hole in the wall gang.
    In order to preserve this bit of interesting history, I saved it from a previously removed thread....

-------------------------------------------------------:judges:
    There are many new contributers to this thread since Tilley last had it removed, so for the benefit of newcomers this is what I posted back in April this year:

----------:judges:
    Stuart TILLEY GREENACRES / BURGUNDY SOLUTIONS
    PRECIS of EVENTS

9 th June 2006 Original Devis €6540.00
    10 th June 2006 Deposit made to Burgundy Solutions SARL €2640.00
    No work was done and when asked when it would start he remarked that the maire at Anost had lost the planning permission application
    November 2006 We changed the requirements for the work by removing the request for Velux windows. We then were given various start dates.
    2 nd February 207 Revised Devis €5030.50
    Already paid 10/06/06 = €2640.00 balance €2390.50
    Instructed work would start by the end of February and take 3 weeks
    1 st March 2007 As the work had not commenced we wrote to cancel the work and requested our money back. This was sent on the day by Email and also the following day be recorded delivery.
    1 st March 2007 Reply by email from Tilley that he had sent an Email on 21 st February giving a start date of 7 th March. This was never received and I believe it was a forgery.
    7 th March 2007 Tilley and 2 other (British) workers arrived to take delivery of materials.
    9 th March 2007 Work actually commences with 2 (British) men working part of the day.
    13 th March 2007 As demanded paid work starting fee €1132.88
    Grand total paid to date = _€3772.88_
    21 st March 2007 No workers turned up, an Email at 23:15 said "Plasterer had had bereavement in family, and another would attend tomorrow"
    3 rd April 2007 We sent Tilley and Email stating all the problems with the job and gave him 4 working days to complete it to our satisfaction.
    3 rd April 2007 Tilley replied that he was terminating the contract and included a final devis.
    24 th April 2007 Letter from Tilley requiring "Final payment by 31th April or he would take legal action"
    28 th April 2007 Replied to Tilley saying we would see him in court.
    10 th May 2007 Appointment with solicitor cancelled due to M. Bennett in hospital.
    During the time when work was supposed to take place there were many times that no one turned up, we were given no warning so we had to remain at home in case someone should turn up. I spoke to Tilley and told him he must phone to tell me if there were to be times when no one was available, but he disregarded this instruction.
    The current state of the room was looked at by M. Richard Vaude of AGF Insurance who instructed us to start proceedings.
    Having consulted M. Gaunet an Advoct he took on our case. This was submitted and accepted by Tribunal De Grande Instance De Chalon-sur-Saone under Affaire 07/00153 Bennett v S.A.R.L. Bourgogne Solutions, dated 11 September 2007.
    A date for the hearing was set for 11 Jan 2008, but this was later deferred until 25 January. At 15:30 that day there was present the Advocat, a court appointed expert, our interpreters, Tilley and his advocat and interpreter (who just happened to one of the "team" that did the work) During the meeting the room was inspected and remarks passed that Tilley had no case to defend. There were over 100 photos of the problem areas that could be seen, whilst there were others which had been covered over. The advocats for both sides agreed that Tilley should pay Bennetts the sum of €7.000 within 14 to 30 days. The report of findings from the Expert is dated 11 Feb compiled a short time after the hearing..
    As of today this has not been paid. Tilley or his advocat are summoned to re-appear in court on 20th May when we understand he will need to pay, including additional costs, the award to Bennetts.
    From late September 2006 when the work was first scheduled to start, until now April 2008 we have lost not only the use of that room but also another room where we have had to store the furniture and items.
    I trust this will satisfy the doubting thomases who call me a liar, as I said before I have documented evidence.
    There are also at least 2 further cases pending, one having been postponed from March because Tilley was "ill".
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Because of our case and 2 others pending at that time Tilley took the easy way out and "Liquidated" the sham Company. This follows the liquidation of 2 other of his companies in UK prior to moving to ply his frauds in France. I wonder how many more "companies" he will try this with?? How much will he take innocent people for in the future if we don't warn them?
    Last edited by Ansje; 09-22-2008 at 12:29 AM.

TILLEY -
    The clock is ticking........
    The count down continues..............

Hey - tell tale, whats all this countdown stuff then, you going on chanel 4 with Carol V ? Oooh la la.

Check this out

http://www.phoenix-trading.co.uk/web/corp/joinus/traderprodeatils.do?currentIndex=3

Isn’t it heart-warming I quote:

My husband works for himself and I help with the paperwork and time management.”
    Well he certainly doesn’t work for anyone else does he? And I would not advertise my skills as a time manager if I were you Tara, not many of your building jobs have been finished as far as I have heard.

Having gained so much from my local French community during the past 5 years, it’s time to give something back,”
    I would think they have “gained” far more from the English community than the French in terms of the money you have taken off them and yes it is time you paid them back, so bravo to you!

Anyway it is good to see that money is coming into the business so that the existing creditors can be paid off, assuming this money is going through the business that is...

Steve

This thread appeared on another message board about the activities of Stuart and Tara Tilley, the proprietors of the now-in-administration Greenacres Worldwide and Bourgogne Solutions and now gite rental charity (!) Ensemble En Bourgogne.

Person 1
    Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:05 pm

I took Greenacres to court in 2006. They had failed to do a job for me and were refusing to pay back my deposit. Days before the case came before the tribunal, Tilley paid my deposit in full, plus expenses plus damages.

They were not able to offer me the necessary evidence of insurance. The mandatory panneau which they erected did not fulfil statutory requirements.

During the time I was waiting for work to begin, they suffered the following:
    1. A recurring heart problem which prevented work happening
    2. A team which 'let them down'
    3. Complete failure of their telecoms system which prevented them from being able to take mobile, landline or email calls and some calls were strangely disconnected mid sentence.
    4. A refusal to return my keys to me until intervention by my lawyer.

For more info, please contact me

Person 2
    Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:18 pm

Well done for standing your ground, if others had been so determined then maybe they wouldn't have continued to trade as they have.

Persons 3 and 4
    Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:03 pm

We were introduced to Greenacres early this year, with the view to obtaining work through them. We were desperate to work as we had very little money left.

At our initial meeting with Stuart and Tara Tilley, we thought that they seemed really nice genuine people. We had been warned about them, but as no one at that time said exactly what we should be careful of, we decided to trust them.

They said that they would help us register as a business (which they did, albeit incorrectly) and that we could subcontract to them as one of their teams, doing gardening and gîte cleaning. They kept stressing that it would be our own business and we could run it as we saw fit.

They seemed very keen to help us get set up, even offering to buy a tractor mower and let us use it for their clients, but they would deduct €2 off of our hourly rate for each hour that we used it. That seemed fair.

A couple of days later we got an email saying that they forgot to tell us that we had to pay €250 as a set up fee, for which we would get business cards, advertising, an email address and a website. We got the email address, which was linked to them, after some time we finally got business cards and leaflets with all their contact details on, not ours and never got the website.

We were issued with a contract which stated that we were sub contracting to them, but we could not advertise our own business, which I thought was wrong or poach any of their clients (which we wouldn’t do as it’s unethical) but as we were desperate for work, which they promised us loads of, we didn’t see any reason to worry.

I am not going to slag these people off, just suffice to say things did not work out, we had problems being paid, we did not get the work we were promised and when they found out that we had been approached by an entirely independent person for a quote, (we had had little work from Greenacres, so thought that we were justified as self employed people to accept other work.) they terminated our contract with immediate effect. This left us without any source of income.

I could say an awful lot more, especially about the amount of worry that they have caused us but I don’t think this is the place to get personal.

We just feel that anybody else in our situation should be warned of what they might be getting in to if they work for a company that makes you pay to get work from them and gets you to sign a contract tying you in when you are actually self employed in your own business.

And for the record, we are not a pair of cowboys after earning a fast buck, we are a middle aged couple seeking a peaceful way of life, wanting to earn enough money to keep a roof over our heads, pay the bills, put food on our table and pay for the occasional meal out. Not a lot to ask for is it?

People 5 and 6
    Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:12 am

Hi, welcome to the ex-Greenacres team survival club! We were also a Greenacres team and we stepped out about this time last year. In the year that we were a team we received two jobs from them, one decorating job and one gardening contract, not as much as was promised or as we expected, but enough to cover the joining fee and we would not have possibly got those jobs via another source, so we can’t complain. We had many gardening contracts which we found ourselves and Greenacres never said a word about that, how could they? We had set up our own business and they could not determine the way we ran our own business.

The first reason we stepped out was due to the fact that two estate agents in our area refused to deal with us if we operated under the Greenacres name. We never knew why despite asking, we were only told that they did not deal with Greenacres. One reason we stepped out was that we saw what was happening again to a client’s property. Having worked for a number of years in the business of managing refurbishments (albeit it office blocks not homes) I judged that the job we saw, with a good team of workers, should have been completed in about 12 weeks. The job is still not complete 18 months later. The reasons for the delay are not known to me and could be completely outside of Greenacres control, but.... The final reason for stepping out was the constant stream of lies we got from them. Some of them very small and trivial, some great big whoppers, all very transparent and unnecessary.

Back to People 3 and 4’s post, whilst this seems like a set back to you at the moment, there is a lot of work out there and you are better off using your own name, we have received lots of word of mouth recommendations since we left them. Good luck for the future!

Person 7
    Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:44 pm

It seems there are a lot of dreams if not shattered then at least a little cracked. I was also drawn in to the Greenacres sales pitch of loads of work and we will assist you in setting up your business, providing clients and web support for which I had to pay, which I did willingly. The trouble is their sales pitch is very believable and if they had stuck by their own words it would probably have been very successful and they would be sitting with a number of teams working on their behalf.

The crunch came when they discovered I was advertising my own business which was against the contract and we seperated very amicably, there has certainly been no nastiness and we have met on several occasions since.

I think the biggest lesson to learn is to take very good advice before stepping into any agreement. When I spoke to my legal advisor I was told that it was the only time he had heard of anyone paying to get work. It was only then that I realised what I had done.

We now have a successful business servicing a number of clients. There are no contracts we simply work on a basis of trust. My parents taught me to be honest, trustworthy and have integrity. I believe I have lived up to their expectations and it is these qualities that I bring to my business.

Person 1
    Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:13 pm

I am really pleased that Greenacres are getting the publicity that they deserve. I do think we need to make sure that everything we say can be evidenced. I printed, translated and anotated every email or phone correspondence I had with Tilley which is why I was able to take him to the tribunal with such confidence.

Person 9
    Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:43 pm

Unfortunately, we have also had a throughly unsatisfactory experience with gardening services provided to us by Greenacres Worldwide / Bourgogne Solutions in 2007. I will not list the details on here yet, for obvious reasons. If anyone else who has had problems with them would like to get in contact, please PM me. If you know of others who have, please ask them to PM me. Thanks.

People 10 and 11
    Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:23 pm

I am also interested to know how so many of you ended up with Greenacres - never heard of them and obviously don't want to stumble accross them but it would be interesting to know how you first found them or they found you. Also, if there are people on this forum who are looking for more work in Gardening or Property Management then why aren't they advertising in the Classifieds section? - I couldn't find one single ad for Gardening and only one for Property Management.

Surely this is a good place to advertise. We don't have our house built yet but my main worry already is how we are going to keep the grass cut on the plot next Spring and summer before and during the build. I am not terribly keen on letting a farmer have access as I don't want to let anyone establish rights to the land.

Person 9
    Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:41 pm

We found them online - when we were looking, most gardening businesses in Burgundy didn't seem to do much advertising, online or off. They appear now to have taken down the Greenacres Worldwide website (perhaps temporarily), but the Bourgogne Solutions site is still there.

People 3 and 4
    Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:43 pm

Several of us run property management and gardening businesses. Just having got round to advertising them yet. You can contact either of us via BP.

Person 5
    Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:55 pm

Above posters wrote:
    I am also interested to know how so many of you ended up with Greenacres - never heard of them and obviously don't want to stumble accross them but it would be interesting to know how you first found them or they found you.

Also, if there are people on this forum who are looking for more work in Gardening or Property Management then why aren't they advertising in the Classifieds section? - I couldn't find one single ad for Gardening and only one for Property Management.

We found then through Burgundy Friends which is a club set up by them to build a database of potential customers in the Burgundy area, they still have a big banner advert on that site, however they are no longer actively involved in the committee of the club. The solution Greenacres were/are(?) offering was to set up teams across the whole of Burgundy so that all second home owners could be helped, thus it was worth them advertising big scale. We only take very local gardening jobs so we only advertsie locally, indeed now we get all our work through word of mouth. If you live in a 30km radius of Cormatin we might be able to help you. Regarding advertsing thro' Burgundy Pulse I agree entirely, more people should do it. We will be putting our gites and campsite on when the season is over and I have time to think exactly what I want to write.

Person 1
    Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:41 pm
    Actually they found me! I had posted on LF and they came on saying that I should look at BF, where, of course, there was this huge banner advertising ... GUESS WHO! So mug that I was, I phoned them. D'oh

Person 12
    Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:36 am Post subject: Back in the saddle again?
    Hi, everybody. I also keep an eye on the Greenacres Worldwide website, and related sites. The original site is up and running again, although there is still no trace of any team working for them to be found on the site. Don't they have any teams any more, or are the teams operating under cover?

Interestingly enough, I found a Dutch site operating from somewhere in the Morvan, where a couple of weeks ago Greenacres Worldwide were mentioned as Partners of this Dutch company. Very recently Greenacres disappeared from the Dutch site as a partner … I would not mind to know why! I keep following this topic with interest.

Person 13
    Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:54 am
    they are getting a lot of bad press at the moment - perhaps they are just 'hoping it will all blow over' and some more 'cannon fodder' will come their way...

Person 14
    Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:06 pm Post subject: Greenacres
    When we came to France we had a large ungainly hedgerow on our property, so we purchased a large petrol driven hedgetrimmer costing over €450 to tame it. We found the machine too heavy for us to use, not being accustomed to manual labour! It had had no more than 3 hours of use when I offered it to S. Tilley for only €300, he took it away about October time . Despite numerous requests for the cash it was not until the following March when I threatened to add 10% to the price and deduct it from one of his bills, that he finally paid me. This from a person who demands 40% deposit for work on acceptance of his quotation! Please be warned should you want to trade with them.

Person 5
    Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:24 pm
    I don't know how many victims are willing to contact the appropriate authorities but I have had contact with at least two ex-users of Greenacres both of whom have said that their dealings with this company have caused them so much stress that they do not want to take it any further. This is not good news to stopping these people and explains why they can continue but it also shows future clients that they should be careful.

The strength against companies who do not provide the goods the suggest is to club together, victims should post here or PM each other to exchange views and rogue traders can be eliminated.

Person 3
    Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:03 pm

hopefully the more people who sign up to BPulse the more we can make them aware of peoples experiences with Greenacres / bourgogne solutions or whatever name these people seem to go under.

Person 6
    Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:00 pm

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/for.../ShowPost.aspx

They were named on Living France on the link above, which is also shown as a link on the current topic in Living France

Person 15
    Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:48 pm

Very much the same as others, found them online and being British thought they'd be worth a try to get started in France who at least knew the system and being British should be at least trustworthy.

He knew the system alright. Not in the way most of us expected it though. I could keep you up all week starting to tell you of the Tilleys sharp practices and no doubt youv'e all heard them before, if not had the exact same experiences. The phone that never gets picked up, the payments that vanish and then it's the banks fault for the delay. I wonder if any one has ever contacted Credit Agricole in Etang to complain about their in efficiency. Or perhaps Stuart has finger trouble. He had a great business plan and was able to get in the work,He could have kept us all going for years but his people skills stank and full of broken promises and now he has now no teams capable of completing any of his works, as far as I know......., unless anyone knows different.

Person 14
    Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:03 am

I accidentally opened the Greenacres website, and it appears that they are back in (building) business again. One would assume that after all that has been said and done (lawsuits, bad pub on a number of fora) they certainly would not advertise doing renovation work. But they are prominently displaying that they are busy in "Entretien, gestion et RÉNOVATION de résidences". Does the use of French only mean that they are not considering doing work for "foreigners" anymore? Does anyone knows of any work recently carried out by this company????

Person 16
    Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:36 pm

I had a feeling Greenacres were dodgy when I Googled them about a year ago, and found a couple of disgruntled customers.

I agree with those who suggest contacting one of the BBC programmes - although they may have gone to ground, they'll be up again soon. My Google search brought up as first on the list a link to their new website (under construction, I think).

My saga with Greenacres worldwide, 0033.org etc etc and whatever else he’s called himself to throw people off the scent. Mr and Mrs Tilley are a bit like rats eh? Turn up in the most unlikely places. Could it be Hungary next? I used to work part time for this outfit as a heating engineer for about 12 months whilst I still had my UK business. Before very long, people from the English and Dutch community started to warn me to dump them like hot coals, but at that stage, the Tilleys were supplying me with work and paying, albeit slow, nevertheless, paying. Then I moved over here permanently and I’m sure youv’e guessed, a promise from him of plenty work and help with registration to work here legally. Oh hey, I thought I’d landed on both feet and how lucky I was to meet Mr Stuart Tilley. He even set up a broadband account for me with Free, the provider that gives free calls too via a second phone.
    But once here, things slowly started to go wrong which started alarm bells ringing. First, he managed to get me booked onto the obligatory French Dept de Metier Course ok, and he would supply me with a French interpretor.
    She came alright, the first afternoon which was the introduction and agenda for the rest of the week, which she told me about. Next day and the rest of the week, I flew solo without being able to understand a single word. Tried phoning him often enough but as usual, he never answers his phone.
    The course was completed and he then offered to get me through the rest of the registration process. I handed him my documents, diploma’s and qualifications in order for him to get them translated into French, and after two week he informed me that I was now able to work legally in France and that I could say that I was “En Course”. As time went by, about 3months later I asked how the process was going, he said that all was progressing well and it shouldn’t be long now. Then for some reason I had to visit my bank and it was the manager there that told be registration never takes more then a month and that’s if there are problems and advised me to contact the Chambre de Metier to find out for myself. I did with an interpretor to find out that NOTHING had been done apart from me attending the original course.
    Then my Broadband connection went wrong too and no matter what I did, it would not function again until in the end I went to “My Account” and guess what I found. I have cut and pasted it below and see what you think;

Summary Free Assistance Mobile telephone number and addresses email of contact Your address email of contact is as follows: sales@0033.org Your mobile telephone number of contact is as follows: 0616066732 So that we can answer your possible requests, if this information is incorrect or empty, thank you to modify them in your Interface of management Freebox (Modifier bonds my email of contact and Modifier my N° of mobile of contact). State of your requests near the technical aid No ticket is opened or active near the technical aid Appointment with one of our itinerant technicians No go is not planned. Précedente - To validate © Centrapel 2007

Guess who’s name is there and email address, certainly not mine. I believe he had full access to my emails and even had the free telephone for which I was paying transferred to his mobile. This is what happens if you ask Mr Tilley to help set things up for you on your computer. The original was run through babelfish translator hence the strange wording but you get the general drift.
    Shortly after seeing this and the preverbial starting to hit the fan and angry emails being exchanged, one of those see below cut and pasted again;

am still waiting for an answer to our questions earlier today but from your silence I can only conclude that I was right all along.
    XXXXXX telephoned the Chambre de Metier for us this morning and as I told you, they said that there was no record of anything having been started on my behalf by you.They only have a record of my attendance on the required course and that my application was NOT en cours. My registration has to be with the Chambre de Metier at Chalon. I have been informed that I need to have any paperwork that you have and return this myself to the Chambre to start the registration. XXXXX will arrange for us to have any necessary officially stamped translated paperwork.
    This effectively means that your statement of "You are quite legal to work" is not correct.
    I feel very let down by you regarding this as you gave me the impression that things were progressing nicely and that the Siret was just a matter of time. To find out that nothing has even been started is beyond a joke. We signed several pieces of paper, both Janet and myself, which I now want returned with immediate effect. I will either call round for them in the next few days or you can arrange to meet somewhere, whichever you prefer. I will now sort it out myself and I require everything back before Tuesday morning 24th April 2007 without fail, as I have arranged to go to the Chambre myself with an interpreter.
    Everybody, including the bank have said that registration does not take long, 3-4wks max if there are problems as nobody can afford not to work for much longer.

This brings me to my second point regarding payment, I accepted your statement regarding payment duration. As far as I am concerned this does not apply to jobs that are finished in a day, you do the job, at the end you get paid. UK same as here. I am dealing with you and sometimes you may have to wait to get the funds in so I'll allow a little leeway. My first facture, which you said you'd pay in full was for 960 Euro. My account was only credited with 750 euro, which does not equate to the full amount of the first facture.
    It appears to me to be the second glitch of the week.
    I now require a cheque for the total amount outstanding upto & including the 17th April 2007. This comprises of, 210 from the first facture, and 350 euro from the subsequent facture. A total of 560 euro which I will collect at the same time as I collect the paperwork.

I am very disappointed in how this has been dealt with, particularly that my registration has not been started and that I am not en cours.
    Up to you next, do I call round or do you want to meet.
    Rein

But his responses mysteriously vanished from my computer after I had been away in the UK for 2 weeks. My wife and daughter told me that they hadn’t deleted any of my emails so could it be just coincidence or did some one else remotely delete them? You decide, I really don’t know but nothing is impossible.

And so the story goes on and on.
    Eventually I did get registered, but not with the aid of these clowns. Now rumours are going round that some one is picking on him and making him feel miserable. Poor souls, what about all those people he fleeced and those who thought he could help them to make an honest start and guidance in France? Should they be happy? Their certainly lighter, in the bank that is.
    Needless to say I never got all of my money either. But hey, I’ll survive
    For the rest of you out there, just be wary of having anything to do with Mr Stuart Tilley

Yes, heart-warming it was. Lovely picture, she has not lost weight yet. Must be very stressing, helping good old Stuart keeping his Burgundy Friends vendetta on the top of the list!

Quote Originally Posted by steevee View Post
    Check this out

http://www.phoenix-trading.co.uk/web/corp/joinus/traderprodeatils.do?currentIndex=3

Isn’t it heart-warming I quote:

My husband works for himself and I help with the paperwork and time management.”
    Well he certainly doesn’t work for anyone else does he? And I would not advertise my skills as a time manager if I were you Tara, not many of your building jobs have been finished as far as I have heard.

Steve