+ Reply to Thread

Religious Leaders That Were Convicted Of Violent Crimes

Violent crimes -these are the scumbags that were convicted of violent crimes.

• Wayne Bent (aka: Michael Travesser) - Founder of Lord Our Righteousness Church, sometimes called Strong City. Was convicted of one count of criminal sexual contact of a minor and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor in 2008.[4] Was sentenced to 18 years with eight years suspended.[5]
    • William Kamm - An Australian religious sect leader and self-styled Pope Peter II who was sentenced to prison in October 2005 for a string of sexual attacks on a 15-year-old girl. In August 2007 his sentence was increased after being found guilty for a series of sexual abuses against another teenage girl over a five-year period.[10]

Opinion is offline The World is a Vampire! And We're Just Rats In A Cage

Re: Religious Leaders That Were Convicted Of Violent Crimes

There are tons more. I will do some more research on this
    Check out the Bamboo Bar When In NJ !

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

To what end? We have penalties for crime (which we SOMETIMES enforce). But I don't get your point (actually I do). Are you saying Man is better without a moral standard? Most of those listed don't qualify as Christian leaders but do you think the solution is to outlaw religion that points Man to a higher standard? I'm with yah on the Islamic thing, but I noticed you didn't mention the guy who ran over his two daughters for being too westernized, or the man in Buffalo who beheaded his disobedient wife (both Muslim).

Are you surprised that mere human beings will do bad things and that many will use religion to gain power, fame and money? Just like secular POLITICIANS hun?!

I did notice the most hated of "christian" minister, Fred Phelps doesn't belong on that list since he has not been convicted of violence, but hey, why not throw him in the mix since we hate him anyway.

Now let's make a list of Politicians, School Teachers, Police and other "Public Servants" who have used and abused people for their own gain. You must have a point to make a list of non-christian religious leaders. Are they worse than the groups I listed? They are not. There are FAR fewer crime committed by these scammers than those committed by politicians, school teachers, police, and other public servants.

And Charles Manson??? NOBODY considers him a "religious" leader! You take a mix of crazies and use it to demonize legitimate Christianity. Of course, that was your goal all along.
    Last edited by conserv4ever; 12-29-2013 at 08:12 PM.

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Here are the only things I can find on Phelps. People should take these accusations by God Haters with a grain of salt. It's easy to be accused, charged and sometimes even convicted of a crime if the authorities have you in their sights. Look what they did to Martha Stewart and others.

A Phelps grandson, Benjamin, spits on a passerby during a picket and is convicted of misdemeanor battery. Other WBC members, found innocent in two similar harassment cases, file suit against the original complainants.After verbally assaulting passersby at a picket, Jonathan Phelps is convicted of disorderly conduct. Although the verdict is eventually thrown out because of a minor error in the judge's instructions discovered by WBC lawyers, he is convicted in a second trial.

Charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated intimidation — related to the alleged harassment of a local lawyer in 1993 — are dropped against Phelps and his son, Jonathan, after a court rules that the Phelpses did not receive a speedy trial.

Oops! I missed this one!

In July, a verbal attack (meaning WORDS) by Phelps results in two convictions for disorderly conduct and two suspended 30-day jail sentences. Local efforts to oppose WBC are stepped up with pleas to the phone company to cut off WBC's notorious fax line.

And I LOVE this one! Very Jessie Jackson of him! Like Jessie, he uses the extortion thing very well. I guess that's how the money is made.

Claiming the city has not done enough to protect WBC picketers, Phelps threatens to sue Topeka if he is not paid $1 million. When the city demurs, Phelps sues for $7 million.

A city planner, offered a job in Topeka, backs out after seeing a Phelps picket. Police chief Gerald Beavers resigns after being accused of coddling Phelps with a no-arrest order. Beavers is replaced by Dean Forster, whose credentials include having prevailed in an earlier suit brought against him by Phelps.

Also this year, the church puts up its first anti-homosexual web site; later, the site will become the infamous www.godhatesfags.com site.
    Last edited by conserv4ever; 12-29-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Opinion is offline The World is a Vampire! And We're Just Rats In A Cage

If someone is in a position of authority, or power, or involved with the mentality and mindset of future generations (children), they need to be put on a higher standard than the normal citizen.
    Check out the Bamboo Bar When In NJ !

There must have been some oversights letting these people into seats of leadership. There are usually signs that can tell you if someone is violent.