+ Reply to Thread

Jim Garrison Response (Part 1) Kennedy Assassinati

On July 15, 1967, NBC allowed New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison to respond to an NBC program that was highly critical of Garrison's pursuit of alleged Kennedy assassination conspirators in New Orleans. Part one of three.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WS0p3tyZUlQ

Re: Jim Garrison Response (Part 1) Kennedy Assassi

Introduction

v2.0 - January 2002
    Even more than 30 years after it ended, the Jim Garrison investigation into the assassination of President John F. Kennedy has remained one of the most controversial cases on legal history.
    Garrison's 1967 arrest of businessman Clay L. Shaw gave credibility to the conspiracy debate. Sadly, the conduct of the probe and the outcome of Shaw's trial ended all hope of a reckoning in the Kennedy murder until the mid-70s.
    This site has been around on the 'net since December 2000, and since that time my views on Garrison's investigation have evolved considerably. I was once comfortably secure of Shaw's guilt. Now, however, I found myself to be a "Garrison agnostic." I have cleaned up much of the site—removing the individual links to the Clay Shaw trial transcript and replacing them with one single link to Dave Reitzes' fine jfk-online.com website—in order to make the site more compact and give Dave more credit where it's due. The site is also in a transition stage, as I prepare to move it to a commercial server (rather than my web provider here in Mineral Wells, Texas) as *I* get ready to move to Lubbock, Texas for college.
    My feeling now is that much of Jim Garrison's case against Clay Shaw was smoke and mirrors. Garrison, disturbed by the untimely death of David W. Ferrie, arrested Shaw in haste based solely on the testimony of Perry R. Russo. Garrison believed Russo (as I do, within certain limitations—Russo was telling the truth as he knew it, but his knowledge did not implicate Shaw, nor can we realistically conclude that his identification of "Leon Oswald" as Lee Harvey Oswald was accurate), who nevertheless proved a difficult witness because of his erratic personality. Garrison added to his case lying witnesses Vernon Bundy and Charles I. Spiessel, as well as the disreputable Clyde Johnson, out of expediency before gathering (in my opinion reliable) evidence that Shaw had perjured himself regarding his alleged alias and his association with Ferrie and the alleged assassin Oswald.
    Garrison repeatedly told Harold Weisberg that the "smoking gun" evidence would be revealed at Shaw's trial, but when the trial came, the gun did not smoke.
    It is also my opinion that Garrison's charges against Kerry W. Thornley and Dean Andrews had substantial merit and that Garrison was quite justified in bringing them.
    Undoubtedly, some will disagree with me. But that is the nature of a reasonable debate, and in an objective search for the truth multiple viewpoints most be considered. For what it is worth, the purpose of this site is not to project my opinions, but rather to collect for posterity that true documentary record of the Garrison case. All users, from novice to expert researcher, and of all points of view, should find this site useful.
    With that in mind, let the debate begin!
    E-mail comments to biles@wf.net.

Evidence - Shaw

On March 1, 1967, Clay Shaw was arrested and charged with conspiracy to murder President Kennedy. Shaw was tried during the February of 1969 and acquitted of all charges the first day of March, two years to the day from his arrest. The State alleged that during the summer of 1963, Shaw conspired with David W. Ferrie, ace pilot and alleged anti-Castro soldier of fortune, and Lee Harvey Oswald during a meeting at Ferrie's apartment at 3330 Louisiana Avenue Parkway. Their case hinged on the crucial testimony of Perry Raymond Russo.

Available online courtesy of Dave Reitzes
    Click Here

www.jfk-online.com

Available online courtesy of Dave Reitze