+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

classic jewellery

has anyone ever heard of or dealt with classic jewellery. it's a jewellery making company that asks you pay 79.95 for the starter kit. i am a little hesitant after reading about other similar companies but have not yet found anything on classic jewellery.

thanks

Re: classic jewellery

Most jewellery companies have a high rejection rate for assembled products

Hello,

I haven't been able to find anything. I received something in the mail today from them. Sounds to good to be true.

bump

i got the same offer in my mailbox a week ago. The guy calls himself Nick Williams, and claims he's company has been running since 1985. He says that the worker will make $550 for every 2 boxes of jewellery.

he's asking $79 for a start up kit. I did some research and nothing came up on his company. He's got no website, no phone number. All i got is a letter with bunch of hilited paragraphs where he talks of making money.

he also got an additional piece of paper with feedback of people working from him. i found it to be really amateurish and corny.

im 90% sure this guy is a con, but i need to be really sure. is there anyone who can confirm this. anyone dealt with this guy?

thanks

None of these assemble-at-home schemes are worth a damn, and the buy-back promises aren't worth the paper they're printed on.
    Materials are overpriced, and the end product enters into a market flooded with similar items, many being sold at fire sale prices, and all undercut in price by Third World imports.
    Supply yourself; books, DVDs and materials for a wide variety of designs can be bought at beading stores, or online at well stocked jewelry/lapidary supply stores.

I have received exactly the same "offer" - made of highlighted letter and request to pay to be enrolled. Internet search did not provide any info on the business they claim to have been established since 1985.
    It looks like another scam, I believe.
    Thanks.

IT IS THE CLASSIC SCAM and wow! They make you pay much more for it. How do I know, A friend of mine wanted to do that and I said, that SCAM has been going on for toooooooooooooooooooooooooo many years. Then when you send them the finished product they would tell you, WHAT A MESS YOU MADE, this is so inferior they could not sell it to anyone. MAYBE YOU ARE BETTER OFF SELLING AVON

Classic Jewellery?

EDIT: sorry - looks like there is already a thread on this!

I received a letter from Classic Jewellery in Woodbridge, Ontario.

So far the BBB has an empty entry for them.

I suspect they may be a new incarnation of Mate Jewellery or Show Jewellery, because the pitch sounds so similar.

If you are familiar with the above companies, review the following quotes (mostly from highlighted sections) from the letter and tell me if they match.
    "My name is Nick Williamson. I'm the President..."
    "And best of all, you never have to leave your home."

"But you must move fast, there are less than 62 positions still available!"

"right to your mailbox every 7 to 14 days. Some cheques for as much as $550.00 Imagine the feeling of knowing that you and your family have a financially secure future."

"That's fantastic! If you were to send in 2 boxes of bracelets every week, we will mail you a cheque for exactly $550.00. And best of all, there is no limit to how many boxes you can send in each week."

"There is a good possibility that we will not need any new people, in as soon as 3 weeks from now."

"The answer is yes. Yes. Yes. Yes! Classic Jewellery has people all across Canada who make great money making bracelets for our company."

"Don't wait. Enroll right now with your attached paper Enrollment Application. Place it in the small envelope with your cheque, money order or credit card information"

"there are less than 57 positions still available!"

"sold at flea markets and even on the Internet"

"Classic Jewellery requires you to pay for enrolment and purchase a one-time start-up kit. (One time Enrollment fee $47 + start-up package $29.95 + $2.95 s/h = $79.90.)
    Now, I'm not making accusations here, but several things seem fishy to me about this.

BBB doesn't know them, but they claim to have been in business since 1985.

The two bad businesses I mentioned are also from the GTA and it has been mentioned on this forum that they were run by the same people. So those people are known to restart with a new name. Maybe this is the new name.

Wow. The number of available positions dropped from 62 to 57 while they were writing the letter.

They have a long FAQ that doesn't answer any of the questions I have. For starters,
    Do I have to pay for the supplies in advance?
    How much supplies will I get when I start?
    How long, approximately, does a bracelet take to make?
    Do you have any sample pictures of the bracelets?
    What Internet sites do you sell through?
    Why do all the testimonies come from people with beautiful names, like Jacob Albright, Sophia Thomas, Sarah Kincaide, Olivia MacPhee, etc.?
    Last edited by eremis; 10-16-2008 at 07:47 AM.

Re: Classic Jewellery?

The rejection rate for legit home assembly jobs is high

well i will surely let you know cause about 3 weeks ago i sent the 79.90 so we'll see i wish i had seen this before..it better not be a scam or im gonna be right mad :madgo:

I will appreciate it if anyone can give us info on a way to contact Nick Williamson of Classic Jewellery. I bet there are a lot of others who trusted this advertisement hoping that this is their chance to earn something extra to make life a bit easier. If this is really a scam, well Mr. Williamson, you know what will happen to you!:

Hello, I am researching this company and saw these posts am wondering if you might be able to respond and let me know how things worked out? Was this really a scam? If so I would like to put a stop payment on my cc. Please respond at amywilliams_herbalife@yahoo.ca

do keep us informed if this is a scam... i found a legite site on here and checked it on the BBB web site.
    http://www.artisancorp.com/home_craf...rtunities.html

hope this will help

I would be very interested in knowing what arrived at your home after you sent your money and if in fact classic jewellary is a scam or have you been fortunate enough to find otherwise.

Any luck with classic jewellary and nick williamson?

Quote Originally Posted by jnce65cdn View Post
    I would be very interested in knowing what arrived at your home after you sent your money and if in fact classic jewellary is a scam or have you been fortunate enough to find otherwise.
    The person who sent in the money may have received something from Classic Jewellery otherwise he/she would have been mad enough to come back here and respond that they are a scam. I don't know. I got a similar letter but I didn't send in any money. So, we are all still in the dark about this company.