+ Reply to Thread

One quick question...

Have the network pundits and/or anchors discussed at all the fact that if McCain dies in office Palin will, in fact, become president?

This seems to be a fundamental issue, given McCain's age (or is his age still 'off-limits?')

You'll have to excuse me if this is a common topic of discussion. I'm currently out of the country, so I have nothing to go on but online articles and forums, and I've yet to see a single mention of this anywhere.

-Y
    894/899 for President?

Re: One quick question...

Quote Originally Posted by yossarian View Post
    Have the network pundits and/or anchors discussed at all the fact that if McCain dies in office Palin will, in fact, become president?

This seems to be a fundamental issue, given McCain's age (or is his age still 'off-limits?')

You'll have to excuse me if this is a common topic of discussion. I'm currently out of the country, so I have nothing to go on but online articles and forums, and I've yet to see a single mention of this anywhere.

-Y
    What difference does that make? I would vote for Palin over any of the other three RIGHT NOW!

A big, big part of our problem is the fact that our government is no longer a government "of the people"; we've been "governed" by professional politicians for so long that we have lost control of our government. This very concept was one that Baracka Hussein himself had tapped into, but he himself is really just "more of the same".

Sarah Palin is an outsider. Like her view and positions or not, she is inherently not sullied by the political slime that covers all other "more experienced" politicians. Since when is this a bad thing? Since when have we decided that we can only elect our leaders from the Political Aristocracy??

As for your question, Yos, the question of her being a "heartbeat" away from the presidency hasn't really come up. With absolutely ZERO executive experience, B. Hussein isn't really that experienced, either.

I like Sarah Palin a lot; her nomination tells us much about McCain's people and McCain himself. Choosing her represented a big risk to his campaign (not that it was going anywhere anyway). They took a big chance that she could handle the pressure and the questions and the very steep learning curve, but they won by marginalizing Hillary, negating B. Hussein's "change" mantra, and KNOWING that attacking Sarah would offend many women.

Regardless of political positions, choosing Palin was a MASTERSTROKE. I happen agree with almost everything she stands for but, even if I didn't, I would still have to acknowledge that her selection was one of THE smartest political moves in the history of American presidential politics.

-Y
    Give me a break... Haven't you heard the newest democratic catch phrase "a heartbeat away from the presidency"?

Here are 315,000 examples for you.

Palin is an Iron Lady in making.
    Foxbaron.com
    Foxbaron.blogspot.com
    FREE GIFT: 101 Ways Your Business Can Change the World

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Give me a break... Haven't you heard the newest democratic catch phrase "a heartbeat away from the presidency"?

Here are 315,000 examples for you.
    Someone must be spiking your drinks!!!
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

-Y
    They have discussed it but not in depth because they are too busy talking about lipstick and a whole lot of other nonsense that has nothing to do with the issues. The Republicans have been hiding Palin from the press and most people still know nothing about her. She can run but she cannot hide forever.

Once the American people realize that she is an empty vessel of no substance, it will scare the hell out of most of them to think that this person will be a heartbeat away from the presidency. This pick is going to prove to be one of the biggest political blunders in modern day politics and Sarah Who? is going to end up as nothing more than a footnote in the history books.

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi View Post
    Once the American people realize that she is an empty vessel of no substance, it will scare the hell out of most of them to think that this person will be a heartbeat away from the presidency.
    Sarah Palin has more substance in her little finger than Baracka (or Barry, depending upon who he's trying to jive) Hussein Obama has in his entire body.

Quote Originally Posted by DMikeS View Post
    Sarah Palin has more substance in her little finger than Baracka (or Barry, depending upon who he's trying to jive) Hussein Obama has in his entire body.
    Oh really? Any proof to back up those claims?

You somehow have inside knowledge of her. Did you even know she existed before 29 August 2008?

Your statement is just as hollow as anything coming from the Dynamic Duo.

Wait a few weeks, when her dirty little secrets start to surface, and then watch as people start distancing themselves from her, and slowly change their tune about just how great she is.

It's coming! We all know it, but you are on record as supporting her. Bad move.

You can put me on record as supporting her too.

She is the most honest and forthright candidate since Ronald Reagan.
    Foxbaron.com
    Foxbaron.blogspot.com
    FREE GIFT: 101 Ways Your Business Can Change the World