+ Reply to Thread

Request for Printing Flyers

I own a small printing company in florida and I get one of these requests everyday:

Hello GoodDay!,
    My name is Bill Carter and Am interested in some flyer and below is the size im interested in :

Job Type: Flyer
    Quantity: 80,000 Qty flyers
    Ink Color: Red Yellow (Pantone Matching System 185)
    Paper: 20# Bond White and white as the background
    Finish Size: 8.5" x 11"
    Textword : CRUSADE '' =

Should be printed one side on each Flyer I will be picking it up at your shop as soon as it's ready and i will be very glad if you get back to me with the total cost for the 80,000 Qty and the method Payment you accept so that we can proceed with the order .

Best Regards ,
    Bill Carter...

Here is another one:

Hello

I am Rev Bently Cole and i will like to order some flyer's and the types are as below:This is the specification on the flyer's.

1. measures 8 x 4
    2. 80# Gloss Text or
    3. 0.25 - White boarder
    4. One sided

Please provide a quote on 100,000 copies...Can you also get back to me with your types and price and also let me know the form of your payment so that we can proceed with this order thank you.Please do include your contact informations where i can reach you.

Hope to hear from you soon.
    Best Regards
    Rev Cole

Every time it's a different name, different quantity, different message, but always flyers and same kind of language. They always want to know what form of payment I take.
    I'm pretty sure it's some kind of a scam. They kind of sound "African" or maybe "Nigerian"
    I replied to the first one I ever received and they gave me a false address to deliver the flyers, a shipper in NY with an invalid phone number.
    I dont know what these people are trying to do and how they plan to scam me and get any money out of me, so I just ignore them. Has anyone received anything similar?

Re: Request for Printing Flyers

Just a guess - but they might try one of those check fraud things - we are going to pay by check - just western union us the remainder back...

Why not email them and ask them - tell them you need them to come in to sign off on the proof/

and they will disapear.

http://www.imperialclub.com/classifieds/scams.htm

1. distant buyer offers a high-value (but fake) cashier's check in exchange for your item
    you receive an odd email (actual examples sent to sellers below) offering to buy your item site unseen.
    cashier's check is offered for your sale item, as a deposit for an apartment, or just about anything else.
    value of cashier's check often far exceeds your item - buyer asks you to wire the balance via money transfer service
    banks will often cash these fake checks AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE WHEN THE CHECK FAILS TO CLEAR
    scam often involves a 3rd party (shipping agent, business associate owing buyer money, etc)
    2. distant seller requests payment via Western Union or MoneyGram:
    seller often claims that an MTCN or confirmation code is needed before he can withdraw your money - this is FALSE, once you've wired money, it is GONE.
    common items currently: laptops, plasma TVs, cell phones, tickets - but could be almost anything
    common countries currently include: Nigeria, Romania, Ukraine, Spain, UK, Italy, Netherlands - but could be anywhere
    deal often seems too good to be true
    3. distant seller offers to send you a cashier's check and then have you wire money:
    this is ALWAYS a scam, in our experience - the cashier's check is FAKE
    sometimes accompanies an offer of merchandise, sometimes not
    scammer often asks for your name, address, etc for printing on the fake check
    deal often seems too good to be true
    4. distant seller suggests use of an online escrow service.
    most online escrow sites are FRAUDULENT, operated by scammers
    for more info, do a google search on "fake escrow" or "escrow fraud"
    if you must do business with a distant seller, insist on a legitimate service, such as www.escrow.com

Thank you for your replies, I think I'm just going to ignore them. As I said before, I get one of these emails almost everyday. This cant be real.

How about this one, received it today:

Good Day

Am James Olando and Can you please quote me on printing 80,000 copies of Flyers with the following specs.

1. measures 8.5' x 11'
    2. 80# Gloss Text
    3.Two sided
    4.Full color

Please provide quote on 80,000 copies. And i have attached a copy of the art work of the flyer.Also i will like to know the form of payment that you accept. I hope to hear from you

Thank You,
    James Olando

Reply:

Hello Sir,

Thank you very much for the time and support.,Am okay with Price and i will like to proceed on with the payment of the order with my credit card and i will be very grateful if you can kindly get the freight charges for the order.I am sending the order to (Presbyterian Church of God).I am recommending you to a Freight company which i will like you to kindly contact.Send an email to the freight company requesting for the freight charges and as soon as you receive a delivery quote from them,kindly email me back with the total cost of the order with the delivery cost.Below is the contact email for the shipping company and the delivery address.They require the deliver and pickup address for them to be able to provide a quote.

Contact Details for the Recommended Shipping Company
    1.Carrier Name : Carex Limited Shipping Company
    2.Contact Name : Lisa Powers
    3.Email Address: carexlimitedshippingcompany@gmail.com

Information Needed to Provide Freight Charges
    1.Pickup address.
    2.Size,quantity or weight.
    3.Delivery address.

Below is the delivery address:
    Presbyterian Church of God.
    160 Deering Ave,
    Tema-Accra
    Ghana

yep. shipping company is fake. check will be fake. your instruction will be to pay the shipping company by western union or moneygram. if you do, you are done. your money is gone, gone, gone.

the fake checks are on real business accounts. the fraud won't be discovered until that business tries to balance its checking account and finds they have paid you for nothing. you will be charged with check fraud. you will tell the police you sent the money to a shipping company that does not exist.

anybody, anywhere can pick up western union cash if they know the details of the transaction. you will provide those details to the scammer by email. don't play with this. you will always lose.

As the others have said, a fake check, a fake shipping company and Western Union/moneygram will all be involved. Sometimes the scammer will have a stolen credit card and want you to charge the cost of the 'items you sell' and the shipping charges to the card then Western Union/moneygram the cash to the 'shipper', who is really the scammer, of course.

Scammers have branched out into the business world, trying to rip off small businesses. Ignore and delete the scammer's emails. If you don't respond, they will go away. Or, you can google 'scambaiting' and post the fake shipping websites there or even learn how to safely and legaly have a scammer's fake shipping site shut down by the hosting company.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com