+ Reply to Thread

Is this board becoming a joke?

It's a serious question. I tend only to post in one thread but over the past month we've had posts from someone who could only use capitals and every other word was a swear word. We're getting ads for on-line games - as posts - nothing to do with the subject under discussion.

And the mods/admin seem to do nothing about it.

Indeed, I was told by one mod not to use the 'Spam' button - because no-one took any notice.

Is it important? I think so - because Google usually brings up this board in relation to the scam we're posting about - but the current content turn people away.

See for yourself - Mail Order Scams - Cash on Demand.

If the board can't be run properly is it losing value and credibility?
    Blessings Upon You

TheVicar

---------------
    Any Ads seen here are not mine but inserted by the forum.
    I am prepared to assist, wherever I can, people with a genuine desire to make money on the net without being ripped off. PM me for a link to useful information. Please be aware that you may have to wait some time for a reply - unlike the 'gurus' I work at my internet business. And, just to be quite clear, I do not sell any products related to Internet Marketing. Nor do I produce any.

Re: Is this board becoming a joke?

yah,the spam is the worst part!?maybe ther's some kinda kick-back involved!?or maybe it's just carelessness/negligence!?the worlds expanding so fast that sensiblity cant keep up!?will anarchy rule thru sheer numbers!?is anarchy the prelude to peace!?....depends!?:freak3: :judges: : : heeh!!.....just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Im really loving all the "moderators aren't doing their jobs" posts in here..

There are just a couple of us.. if you see something wrong and especially if it's in a board that we don't frequent much.. PLEASE send a PM... I have not had ONE complaint about the spam I just found in the "chat here" board. I have not had ONE complaint about the mail order scam section.

We DO have lives outside of scam.com. I check my pms frequently throughout the day.

I honestly have NO idea where the reports go if you click on the "spam" button. So if you are clicking and clicking and getting frustrated.. I don't know where the reports go but it isn't to me and I don't think they go to the other mods either.

None of us are psychic (I don't think) and none of us can watch every single thread in every single board all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner View Post

There are just a couple of us.. if you see something wrong and especially if it's in a board that we don't frequent much.. PLEASE send a PM... I have not had ONE complaint about the spam I just found in the "chat here" board. I have not had ONE complaint about the mail order scam section.

We DO have lives outside of scam.com. I check my pms frequently throughout the day.

I honestly have NO idea where the reports go if you click on the "spam" button. So if you are clicking and clicking and getting frustrated.. I don't know where the reports go but it isn't to me and I don't think they go to the other mods either.

None of us are psychic (I don't think) and none of us can watch every single thread in every single board all day long.
    Hi Katie. Is there any possibility that more moderators could be added. That would reduce the amount of time and work that is needed to clean up the forum. I do agree that those of you who do this can really be swamped with requests. It is really to bad that we don't have a button that we could click on and have a thread dropped. That way we could police our own area and cut down on the crooks, spammers and scammers as well as all of the foul language. Have a great day.

I'm sorry that you are upset - and as a moderator elsewhere I sympathise but...

a) I PM'ed every moderator I could find names for.
    b) I PM'ed the site admin
    c) I PM'ed the specific moderator for the area in question. She took action - by imposing a fortnight's ban
    d) On return of the 'culprit' I PM'ed her again. The 'culprit' had, in the interim, sent her an abusive post. She said she'd get the owner to block the IP address.

But the ACTUAL result - nothing.

So - it's not that mods aren't doing their thing - but if you have a Spam button then someone needs to make sure it's working. - Or remove it.

If you have a specific policy that 'rogues' should be reported by PM then make it a sticky and put it somewhere visible so that we can see it. And if someone is reported for flagrant disregard of the rules - ban them - and if that doesn't work block their IP address. And if you guys (mods) can't then get someone who can. Because this is a real problem.

Your frustration is matched only by ours.

If you CAN do something and want specifics - please PM me.
    Blessings Upon You

TheVicar

---------------
    I am prepared to assist, wherever I can, people with a genuine desire to make money on the net without being ripped off. PM me for a link to useful information. Please be aware that you may have to wait some time for a reply - unlike the 'gurus' I work at my internet business. And, just to be quite clear, I do not sell any products related to Internet Marketing. Nor do I produce any.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Hi Katie. Is there any possibility that more moderators could be added. That would reduce the amount of time and work that is needed to clean up the forum. I do agree that those of you who do this can really be swamped with requests. It is really to bad that we don't have a button that we could click on and have a thread dropped. That way we could police our own area and cut down on the crooks, spammers and scammers as well as all of the foul language. Have a great day.
    Jim, it is MUST BE a "Politcal Thing" amongst other circumstances... That should be obvious to you by now...
    It is like getting "passed on" to be in a Fraternity or Soriety...:freak3::rasta:
    Last edited by coontie; 09-09-2008 at 08:33 AM.
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    Jim, it is MUST BE a "Politcal Thing" amongst other circumstances... That should be obvious to you by now...
    It is like getting "passed on" to be in a Fraternity or Soriety...:freak3::rasta:
    Well that leaves me out for sure.

In my nicest voice: "I feel like the mom of 10 kids standing in the grocery store getting a lecture from someone with no kids about everything Im doing wrong"

Seriously guys. I don't have answers to your questions that you want to hear. The last I heard, no they won't be bringing on more moderators. No it isn't a politcal thing whatever that means.

What I do know: I don't know where the reports from the spam button go. Send either myself of sojustask or subjunk a pm. Heck, send it to all three of us, the members who do that seem to get the fastest repsonse.

I don't visit every section of the board everyday. If something seems to be not getting the attention it needs let one of us know.

I am trying to deal with the wee wee guy. Things aren't working the way they are supposed to be and Im waiting on an answer.

In my nicest voice: "I feel like the mom of 10 kids standing in the grocery store getting a lecture from someone with no kids about everything Im doing wrong"

Seriously guys. I don't have answers to your questions that you want to hear. The last I heard, no they won't be bringing on more moderators. No it isn't a politcal thing whatever that means.

What I do know: I don't know where the reports from the spam button go. Send either myself of sojustask or subjunk a pm. Heck, send it to all three of us, the members who do that seem to get the fastest repsonse.

I don't visit every section of the board everyday. If something seems to be not getting the attention it needs let one of us know.

I am trying to deal with the wee wee guy. Things aren't working the way they are supposed to be and Im waiting on an answer.
    Hey - thanks for trying. Your efforts ARE appreciated.
    Blessings Upon You

TheVicar

---------------