+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 35

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4

    How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    God: The Failed Hypothesis: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist
    author Victor Stenger
    did you read this book?

    download
    http://rapidshare.com/files/12201477...or.Stenger.zip

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by pirelli View Post
    God: The Failed Hypothesis: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist
    author Victor Stenger
    did you read this book?

    download
    http://rapidshare.com/files/12201477...or.Stenger.zip
    I am not going to download from a link that I know nothing about. Nor will a lot of people. Perhaps you could provide some quotes from the book that would make the conversation interesting. I myself am not religious. Please provide some quotes, and comments so some of us could have a reaction. I doubt anyone is going to download, and read this book.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2

    Re: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    I agree don't download from a site you know nothing about.ing1:

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,288

    Re: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    is there something funny about the link!?i reloaded page without rsxxx!?DL now!?but here's a thought!?first,science cannot "show" nonexistence,and second(2 thoughts)!?does god have to exist to "effect" existence!?can science show an effect that cannot be shown to exist without the observance of the results!?alright,3 and i'm done for now!?have to go read up!?:freak3: :judges: : : heeh!!......just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    is there something funny about the link!?i reloaded page without rsxxx!?DL now!?but here's a thought!?first,science cannot "show" nonexistence,and second(2 thoughts)!?does god have to exist to "effect" existence!?can science show an effect that cannot be shown to exist without the observance of the results!?alright,3 and i'm done for now!?have to go read up!?:freak3: :judges: : : heeh!!......just askn...

    Lexx, amidst your usual BS, this is a very good presentation. Outstanding!

    I was just involved in another discussion on "Many Worlds Theory" in physics, and I find that very smart scientists are ready to believe that there are an infinite number of universes that split with with every decision we make, into continually growing alternate universes.

    A few even claim it is proven mathematically, yet there is no evidence whatever of parallel universes.

    I wonder how you prove the existence of something for which there is no evidence, and then claim to disprove someting else for which there is no evidence. Aren't we just talking about what people believe here?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Rumney, NH
    Posts
    34

    Re: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    Hi,

    First, I am in agreement with the rest of the members here,
    don't download from questionable links.

    Second, having a degree in math and computer science, I believe the
    application of the principle of "conservation of mass and energy" can
    in fact be used to make a case for the existence of an afterlife.

    The physical reality of our universe is that there is a fixed amount
    of total energy and mass which must remain constant. When a candle burns,
    it's mass is turned into the energy output by the flame, with a corresponding
    loss in total mass, keeping the total amount of mass and energy the same
    as before the candle was lit.

    It is clear that our bodies possess electrical energy in the form of
    brain activity. If one applies the above stated law to the death of
    an individual, just as in the case of the candle, there
    is a requirement for the total mass and energy to remain constant.

    Therefore, it can be argued that the only way for this to happen is
    that the mass and energy we possess as individuals, ultimately is
    maintained in an alternate representation, what I define as afterlife.

    It follows then that there must an afterlife. While this may not
    prove the existence of God, it nevertheless impies it.

    Much like statistics, almost any information can be used to
    support your personal assumptions, depending on how you choose
    to interprete it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Folsom, PA
    Posts
    163

    Re: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    I am not going to download from a link that I know nothing about. Nor will a lot of people. Perhaps you could provide some quotes from the book that would make the conversation interesting. I myself am not religious. Please provide some quotes, and comments so some of us could have a reaction. I doubt anyone is going to download, and read this book.
    More than that..this is an illegal download. You would be, in effect, STEALING the book.
    http://fitnessvideou.com/
    Where fitness professionals go to learn how to use video to promote their business

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by palger View Post
    It follows then that there must an afterlife. While this may not
    prove the existence of God, it nevertheless impies it.
    Hardly.

    You know that the mass and energy doesn't just disappear when you die, right? You end up as worm food, or firewood if you are cremated. That's conservation of mass and energy, not some mythical afterlife.

    If you wanted evidence of the afterlife, you would need to put someone on their deathbed in a sealed chamber, weigh it, then wait for them to die and weigh it again. If the weight has decreased then conservation of mass and energy would imply an afterlife. If the weight is the same it would imply no afterlife.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Hardly.

    You know that the mass and energy doesn't just disappear when you die, right? You end up as worm food, or firewood if you are cremated. That's conservation of mass and energy, not some mythical afterlife.

    If you wanted evidence of the afterlife, you would need to put someone on their deathbed in a sealed chamber, weigh it, then wait for them to die and weigh it again. If the weight has decreased then conservation of mass and energy would imply an afterlife. If the weight is the same it would imply no afterlife.
    Actually there was an experiment done on this. Take this with a grain of salt, I heard this on coast to coast radio years ago. I can't remember the doctor who did this. They weighed a person near death, then right after death, they weighed the body again. The body weighed less. I am not religious as you know. Not a doctor either. Could there be something to this? Maybe, Energy=Mass. Take this with a grain of salt. I can't back this up. Just throwing my two cents in.

  10. #10

    Re: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    Actually there was an experiment done on this. Take this with a grain of salt, I heard this on coast to coast radio years ago. I can't remember the doctor who did this. They weighed a person near death, then right after death, they weighed the body again. The body weighed less. I am not religious as you know. Not a doctor either. Could there be something to this? Maybe, Energy=Mass. Take this with a grain of salt. I can't back this up. Just throwing my two cents in.
    It was in 1907 and the Doctor was Dr. Duncan MacDougall. He weighed dying patients in order to prove that the soul has a measurable weight; he reported it as 21 grams (which was probably an average since his results varied significantly). There aren't many (credible) scientists that lend this much merit due to an extremely small sample size (six, I think), bad methodology, and scales that weren't able to measure so precisely (it was 1907 afterall).
    Learn about the tools and techniques marketing scams use to generate income at Marketing Scams Exposed. Only FREE information here!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    Actually there was an experiment done on this. Take this with a grain of salt, I heard this on coast to coast radio years ago. I can't remember the doctor who did this. They weighed a person near death, then right after death, they weighed the body again. The body weighed less. I am not religious as you know. Not a doctor either. Could there be something to this? Maybe, Energy=Mass. Take this with a grain of salt. I can't back this up. Just throwing my two cents in.
    Yeah, I remember hearing about that experiment. I'd need to read more about it to be certain. It's more likely that the experiment wasn't set up properly if the results have never been replicated since.

    The change in mass that you would expect is minute. So small in fact that you would never be able to measure it with the most accurate weighing devices imaginable. Even if you weighed a billion people before death and then after, the total change in mass would still be practically zero. So the experiment I proposed was actually more or less impossible in practice.

    For instance, all of the useable energy you have stored in your fat and muscles corresponds to roughly 0.00000001 kg.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,288

    Re: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    isn't the difference in weight....21 grams!?i saw a movie of that name but i dont remember what it was about exactly!?sean penn was in it!?and the "link" works fine just like it is!?books not worth buying in my opinion!?tho very open minded in my opinion!?but if you are a freak about downloads you can get a free program that guarantees your safety on the net!?i think it's called "sandbox"!?:freak3: : : : heeh!!....just askn...
    Last edited by lexx; 09-02-2008 at 07:27 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Yeah, I remember hearing about that experiment. I'd need to read more about it to be certain. It's more likely that the experiment wasn't set up properly if the results have never been replicated since.

    The change in mass that you would expect is minute. So small in fact that you would never be able to measure it with the most accurate weighing devices imaginable. Even if you weighed a billion people before death and then after, the total change in mass would still be practically zero. So the experiment I proposed was actually more or less impossible in practice.

    For instance, all of the useable energy you have stored in your fat and muscles corresponds to roughly 0.00000001 kg.
    I feel then we should continue these experiments. Could there be something to this? I would like to know. You bring up some great points.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,288

    Re: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    wouldn't it be self defeating in a sense for science to try and prove there is a god!?like most things in science,it would have to be an accident!?SHIT HAPPENS!?:freak3: : : : hehe!!....just askn....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  15. #15
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    Science does not try to disprove God. Science attempts to explain by following the data to wherever that may lead. If it lead to a God, then it would...when it doesn't, it's not due to an agenda but the evidence at hand.

    Science, by it's nature, is unbiased.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    222

    Re: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist

    The link is fine. second, logicallyYours is correct. Science does not try to disprove anything. People like to minipulate science to create this idea that science is the opposite of religion. It's not. They are two completely different things. Of course, there are advancements of science that happen everyday that disprove pieces of "God's word", but thats not the point of science. Science is to discover and understand the world around us. We make technology from the science, but science is mearly there to understand. I personally think that we are all wrong, just like everyone before us was wrong, or were they? I also think that religion has created a great foundation for morals and values for our society. What happens when science takes over? What happens when people just say screw it, he isn't really watching? mmmm.... not good things I would imagine.

    CT
    huh, amazing stuff

Similar Threads

  1. Science Channel Support our Science Contest?
    By Contest Scams in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2015, 05:57 PM
  2. NASA piling garbage science on science fraud
    By aguest in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 01:18 PM
  3. How can Love exist???
    By Paladine in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 09:01 PM
  4. We exist because....
    By galaxy in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 02:40 PM
  5. Do They Exist?
    By prettyeyes in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 06:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •