+ Reply to Thread

My mother received this email

Hello everyone, this is an email that my mom received about a few days ago, I felt that it was something very fishy, but my mom doesn't believe me (she never does -_-), and is trying to gamble. First of all, she or my father have never heard of this man, which makes me very suspicious.
    I did a search on his name (which is censored just in case this is not a scamming attempt), and he is a real person, but I can't say for sure that the man my mom is answering too is the real person or just taking the identity of a someone.
    By the way, this is my first time seeing this is real life, and I tend to be a very suspicious of things like this.

let me know
    *censored*
    *censored*
    Wing Hang Bank
    Guangzhou Branch
    China,

I am *censored* I work with Wing Hang Bank Guangzhou Branch China.I have an obscured business proposal for you Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client political party official A Middle East Oil merchant Mr Abdul Wahid Al Khajah made a numbered fixed deposit value at Eighteen Million Five Hundred Thousand United State dollars in my branch. Upon maturity several notices where sent to him, even during the war, which began in 2003. Again, after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later found out that Mr Abdul Wahid Al Khajah, his wife and only daughter had been killed during the war in a gun fire that hit there home were his personal oil well his

After further investigation it was also discovered that mr.Abdul Wahid Al Khajah did not declare any next of kin in his official papers, including the paper work of his bank deposit. He also confided in me, the last time he was at my office, that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Eighteen Million Five Hundred Thousand United State dollars is still lying in my bank, and no one will know of it. What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country, at the expiration of 6 years and 6 months the funds will revert to the ownership of the China Government if nobody applies to claim the funds. Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Mr Abdul Wahid Al Khajah so that you will be able to receive his funds.

I want you to know that I have everything carefully planned. I have contacted an attorney that will prepare the necessary documents that will back you up as the next of kin to Mr Abdul Wahid Al Khajah. All that is required from you at this stage is to provide me with your Full Names and Address so that the attorney can commence his job. I will use my position to influence the move of the funds. After you have been made the next of kin, the attorney will file for claims on your behalf, and secure the necessary approval and letter of probate in your favor, for the move of the funds to an account that will be provided by you.

There is no risk involved at all in this matter, as we are going to adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue. Should you be interested please send me your full names, private phone/fax and current residential address and finally after that I shall provide you with more details of this operation. I prefer you to reach me with the below.

Email:
    *censored*@yahoo.com.cn

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    *censored*
    My mom sent him a reply:

Dear *censored*
    I would like to know how you know my email?
    Why you offer me the money even you don't know who am i?
    And he sends back:

Dear Partner,
    Thank you very much for your response, and your interest in this transaction.

I got your address from the World Chamber of Commerce and Industry. And due to the issue at hand, it became necessary for me to seek your assistance.

I appreciate the fact that you are ready to assist me in executing the transfer, and also to help me in investing my money in your country. You should not have anything to worry about, I will do everything legally required to ensure that the transfer goes smoothly, it shall pass through all laws of International Banking.As a foreigner that is why i why i want to do this business with you because i cannot do this business with any members of my family or colleague in the office it will cause problem to me in future that is why i like to transact it with foreigner so that upon the conclusion you have you share and go away why i have mine i go away too.Hope you do understand my point.

Having resolved to entrust this transaction into your hands, I want to remind you that it needs your commitment and diligent follow up. If we work seriously, the entire transaction should be over in a couple of days.

You should note that this project is high capital intensive this is why I have to be very careful; I need your total devotion and trust to see this through. I know we have not met before, but I am very confident that we will be able to establish the necessary trust that we need to execute this transaction. Regarding to the legality of this transaction, I must let you know that this transaction is risk free. It shall be done in accordance with banking laws and regulations. My Attorney shall handle the entire documentations he shall be responsible for drafting and notarization of the Affidavits which shall put you in place as next of kin. He would handle all matters of probate on your behalf, hence you would not have to be here physically, and you will not be required to be in Court.

Before I commence, I will need you to send me a copy of any form of identification (Driver's license or International passport) Full names Residential Address and Telephone Number. I want to be sure that I am transacting with the correct person. As soon as I get these from you, I will commence the paper work that will back up this transaction I hope you will understand why I need all these. The money in question is big and I want to ensure that I know you well before I proceed to give you all the details to commence the project. I will attach my international passport to you after I have seen yours for your perusal and trust.

And we shall share in the (ratio of 60 40) 60 % for me and 40% for you, Ensure that you keep this project confidential, because of the nature of this transaction and my work.
    Please reply soonest.
    Regards,

*censored*

*censored*
    Wing Hang Bank (China)
    Mobile: *censored*
    If you think that this is a scamming attempt, please tell me why you think it is and with proof so that I can be sure.

Re: My mother received this email

It was not last time Wing Hang Bank employee was impersonated for this scam. Read third post on that link
    http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/php...topic.php?t=14

If you want to know 100% proof that they are scam, ask them to use official Wing Hang Bank email account, instead of free email account like yahoo or gmail. Also ask them for their names and positions and call official Wing Hang Bank phone directory at (Tel: (86-20) 3878 0333) and ask for them. Chances are somebody at the branch speaks English.

And please do not sensor this scammer's phone. 99% chance his phone well have British mobile number.
    Last edited by borisf96; 08-30-2008 at 03:05 PM.

Scam!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now quit your yappin!! :2gunsfiring_v1:

Thank you for confirming my suspicions, now I just need to convince my mom -_-

Btw, is there a way I can stop him from emailing my mom ever again? I can always stop my mom from reading the email by checking and deleting them before she does (she doesn't know how to use a comp, so I always check for her).

Yes, scam !!!