+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Matt Trainer...SCAM??

Has anyone tried working for this Matt Trainer guy? He has a video and swears to pay you for work that you do for him. He starts you out asking you to post an ad similar to the one you found out about him. Then you have to retrieve over 100 email responses, email them back and send him their email addresses. This is the first assignment supposedly. I did this. Followed his directions to a "T" and got some auto response saying there was a "problem" with my work. Says that I either didn't reply to each person (I did), the ad I placed wasn't effective (took it right from his video) or that the response rate wasn't good enough (never said anything about a response rate up front - just to follow his directions).
    He is supposed to pay through paypal and of course, there is no way to contact him. I found an email for him while searching who owned the matttrainer.com site.
    Anyone have any comments about this opportunity?

Re: Matt Trainer...SCAM??

Well, that sure is interesting! Thanks so much for writing! The exact thing happened to me, and I entered 137 email addresses and sent the emails just as instructed, which took 1 1/2 hours! I thought I did something wrong. I used the number in the link I got originally because my 1st ad was rejected by craigslist. I was going to try again, but after reading your post, I don't think I'll waste my time. It's always bad when you can't even contact them. I emailed Matt at his site, and also the site listed on whois, but never got a response.
    PS - I got one email back from a guy who said he already got this link from an ad, and that it was a scam.
    Grrrr, lol.... :madgo:

I've been paid with this system... multiple times.

It clearly states the following on the page:

Get and respond to as many job seekers as you can in an eight hour day. You may take longer if you wish, but you must perform this procedure at least eight hours before submitting your final results.

If you try to submit a request for payment BEFORE the 8 hours... you'll get the error.

I had the same thing happen to me... I waited until the 8 hours was up... submitted request for payment... bingo... payment received.

I didn't run off to some scam site and start complaining. I persisted... I persevered... I continued on despite difficulties.

You're obviously trying to trick the system and get something for nothing. This is a JOB, not some get-rich-quick-scheme. If you do the job you'll get paid.

Again, I've been paid on multiple occasions from Matt and I firmly believe in this system.

If you do not... that's fine, but calling it a scam is ridiculous when you can't follow instructions.

This is NOT A SCAM. I've been paid on multiple occasions.

First and foremost I would like to apologize to Matt Trainer. I do not believe he is trying to scam anyone. I believe he is a legitamate business man with a legitamate offer.

I had applied for his position through craigslist after watching his video. I proceeded to go to work and post classified ads. I got an amazing response. I got the 113 respondants in about a day and a half.

During this time I would get emails from people saying that they had applied for this job and did the work but did not recieve pay when the work was summitted and that this was a big scam.

I continued on posting to see if I would get the same response when I hit the required emails to "get paid". I have investigated scams before and I didn't see how this guy could put himself out there like this just to scam us.

When I received the same response I was infuriated. I though "yes", this guy just scammed me out of my time and work. After cooling down and getting some emails from Matt Trainer himself and some of his employees I see that I made a mistake.

Matt trainer pays based on the response of the applicants. This is the only way he can determine if his employees are doing the work. Unfortunately the way he actually pays us and the way we thought we were going to get paid is where the confusion lies.

The only scam here that I see is an honest mistake on the explanation of the "way" we get paid. Not "whether" we get paid.

Allen Long

What exactly were you paid multiple times for?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonSmith View Post
    I've been paid with this system... multiple times.

It clearly states the following on the page:

Get and respond to as many job seekers as you can in an eight hour day. You may take longer if you wish, but you must perform this procedure at least eight hours before submitting your final results.

If you try to submit a request for payment BEFORE the 8 hours... you'll get the error.

I had the same thing happen to me... I waited until the 8 hours was up... submitted request for payment... bingo... payment received.

I didn't run off to some scam site and start complaining. I persisted... I persevered... I continued on despite difficulties.

You're obviously trying to trick the system and get something for nothing. This is a JOB, not some get-rich-quick-scheme. If you do the job you'll get paid.

Again, I've been paid on multiple occasions from Matt and I firmly believe in this system.

If you do not... that's fine, but calling it a scam is ridiculous when you can't follow instructions.

This is NOT A SCAM. I've been paid on multiple occasions.

Yes, we got multiple warnings from several people who didn't get paid also! Where there is smoke there is fire! This is a scam!:madgo:

Quote Originally Posted by Meeka View Post
    Well, that sure is interesting! Thanks so much for writing! The exact thing happened to me, and I entered 137 email addresses and sent the emails just as instructed, which took 1 1/2 hours! I thought I did something wrong. I used the number in the link I got originally because my 1st ad was rejected by craigslist. I was going to try again, but after reading your post, I don't think I'll waste my time. It's always bad when you can't even contact them. I emailed Matt at his site, and also the site listed on whois, but never got a response.
    PS - I got one email back from a guy who said he already got this link from an ad, and that it was a scam.
    Grrrr, lol.... :madgo:

ummm....did anyone read my post?

You do not get paid for the amount of emails you send. you get paid based on the percentage of people who actually apply for the position. The system will not pay you until you get at least 20% of the applicants applying.

The mistake is telling people they get paid by the hour. they do not. they get paid based on the actions of the people who actually apply.

that is the way I understand it.:judges:

In response to RBJ12 --

I was paid for the work I completed.

I've been doing this particular job EVERYDAY for weeks. Every time I request payment I get it.

Sure, there have been a few times where I got the error message just like everybody else here, but like the suggestions say with the error message... I continued forward and submitted more emails.

After awhile... Bingo! I was paid.

Matt pays once a week via PayPal. I've received several payments from him for this work.

Hope that helps answer you question. I'm not on here to get into a debate over legitimate work... I'm here to help clear Matt's name because he has helped me grow my business.

I have heard from too many people who have not been paid by good old Matt! I run and have run several very successful businesses and it is very simple, if you don't pay your people then you will hear about it and often!

If good old Matt is so honest then let him clearly state that you will get paid for your efforts only if a certain percentage of people respond etc. Why does he need to mislead people? Simple, No one would waste their time to only get paid on "IFs"!

IF YOU GOT PAID MULTIPLE TIMES THEN POST A SCREEN SHOT OF IT AND THEN MAYBE SOME CREDABILTY CAN BE LEANT TO THIS SCAM!:2gunsfiring_v1:

With all due respect this is a SCAM board and I am here to debate this and prevent Matt Trainer from scamming others!

In response to RBJ12 --

I've been doing this particular job EVERYDAY for weeks. Every time I request payment I get it.

Sure, there have been a few times where I got the error message just like everybody else here, but like the suggestions say with the error message... I continued forward and submitted more emails.

Matt pays once a week via PayPal. I've received several payments from him for this work.

Hope that helps answer you question. I'm not on here to get into a debate over legitimate work... I'm here to help clear Matt's name because he has helped me grow my business.
    Last edited by RJB12; 08-28-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Since posting this thread I have had several other people claim the same thing - I did the work, waited more than 8 hours, did EXACTLY what he said and get an excuse for not getting paid.

It should tell you something about his program when the whole basis of his program is unethical and asks you to go against craigslist policies. It clearly states that you cannot cross post listing....he ENCOUTAGES you to do so then makes up lame excuses not to pay you when you follow his step by step instuctions.

If not a scam, it is an extremely unethical and dishonest program. I still don't understand the point of it and really could care less at this point. There are too many other legitimate programs that will pay you for the work you do without all the lies and hassles.

By the way, Matt himself posted on another thread regarding his program....simply stating to come tot his thread for "clarification".

I contacted Craigslist on most of the "job" postings that people have out there stating that you get paid an hourly rate. More and more should be removed soon. Matt - looks like you're gonna have to find another site to post these unethical ads on!

There are too many other legitimate programs that will pay you for the work you do without all the lies and hassles.
    I have been researching home businesses on the internet as well as actual paying jobs that can be done online for some time and I have not found any programs that pay you to do actual work. There are programs such as MLM and affiliate programs that pay you only if something gets sold. I would like to know what other programs pay you for actual work. ie. data entry? Can you name them specifically?

Also it has already been clarified where the mix up is with this job. Which is what it is. A job. It lies in the explanation of what it is that we are actually doing that gets us paid. It is not posting want ads on craigslist and getting as many people as we can to email us asking for more info and then giving these emails to Matttrainer.com. If it were that easy everybody and his brother would be doing it and Matt trainer would be broke in a week.

It is putting good quality ads that explain the position and what is expected from the employee in order to get paid. I also believe that when a respondent does apply for the job he should be further coached by whoever put the ad up as to what is expected of him. As of now anyone can do this job with little or no supervision and if they have good quality ads that get at least 20% applying they will get paid if they don't they are screaming SCAM. So should the person that put up the crummy ad that did not explain the job correctly and got no applicants get paid for producing nothing? Based on the high response rate that I got I don't think just anyone should be hired to do this job.

Don't forget also that there are people out there that could just produce bogus emails in order to get paid. The only real way to know if this person is getting real applicants is for Matttrainer.com to get real applicants from his original applicants emails that he submitted.

Matt should create teams that only hire qualified applicants to do the job and then pay percentages to each team member based on their actual position on the team.

This is not a debate on whether this is a scam. I know it is a ligitamite job that if structured correctly could work. We must all understand that the internet is the future. : If employers can find a way to create jobs that we can do at home and at our convience and get paid based on quality of work and/or hours of work. Think of the gas, time, money we could save. Think of the time we could be with our families. I would love to work from home so that I can take my daughter to kindergarten and pick her up and not have to take her to grandmas house so she can raise her instead of me.

Its not about the money people. Its about the lifestyle. Let's give Matt trainer a break and instead of putting him down and calling him a scam give him some feedback on how he can make this work....so that we can work (from home).

There are obviously kinks to be worked out but they hardly point to this being a scam....:2gunsfiring_v1:

RJB12 - I agree with you. There is nowhere on Matt's video where he states that people are paid according to the response he gets. He clearly says the minimum is $8/hour, and the average is $10/hour. This is misleading because it sounds like an hourly job. And this type of advertising is definitely against craiglist's policies.

Jason - Yes, we'd like proof of what exactly you've done, how many hours you put in, and the amt you got paid. Then again, never mind because things can too easily be photo-shopped.

I followed the instructions perfectly:

This unethical advertising makes me suspect that Matt hires people to search google and put out fires for him. I hope this isn't true. :judges:

Quote Originally Posted by Meeka View Post
    RJB12 - I agree with you. There is nowhere on Matt's video where he states that people are paid according to the response he gets. He clearly says the minimum is $8/hour, and the average is $10/hour. This is misleading because it sounds like an hourly job. And this type of advertising is definitely against craiglist's policies.

Jason - Yes, we'd like proof of what exactly you've done, how many hours you put in, and the amt you got paid. Then again, never mind because things can too easily be photo-shopped.

I followed the instructions perfectly:

This unethical advertising makes me suspect that Matt hires people to search google and put out fires for him. I hope this isn't true. :judges:
    I give up!!!!

So you are all out spamming the employment sites? Am I understanding this "job" right? Honestly.. it sounds like you are all the scammers we warn people away from.. Post ads to get people to post the same ads? Please correct me if Im wrong.

This one is kind of hard to believe, considering Matt's new scam about harvesting Email addresses just started within the last WEEK. Not too likely you've been being paid by this guy... unless you are Matt himself just trying to save face. There are many, many, many people NOT getting paid, and you're the ONE who is? Not likely.

A SCAM through and through. A smart one, I'll give him that, as its apparent he's gotten several of us to harvest thousands of Emails for him... but for what... I guess we'll find out when we start getting spammed by HIM directly.

In response to RBJ12 --

So you are all out spamming the employment sites? Am I understanding this "job" right? Honestly.. it sounds like you are all the scammers we warn people away from.. Post ads to get people to post the same ads? Please correct me if Im wrong.
    Since when is hiring someone to do what you do a scam?