+ Reply to Thread

Canadian Olympic team fails utterly

Told you so....

Now it's all over, I step forth to claim victory for Australian Olympic athletes over tragic performers like CANADA...

Even GREAT BRITAIN had their best Olympics ever....we Aussies came SIXTH....

WITHER CANADA?

Re: Canadian Olympic team fails utterly

Quote Originally Posted by kate blanchett View Post
    Told you so....

Now it's all over, I step forth to claim victory for Australian Olympic athletes over tragic performers like CANADA...

WITHER CANADA?
    Now don't be to hard on them. Maybe this just wasn't their time or place. Just like all of the divers were outclassed this time by the Chinese, that is all except the one last night who keep them from getting all eight of the gold. Personally I really think that all that were there competing were winners. After all they had to win just to be there, didn't they???????

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Told you so....

WITHER CANADA?

Hmmmm... Women's Basketball??? And then...
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Now don't be to hard on them. Maybe this just wasn't their time or place. Just like all of the divers were outclassed this time by the Chinese, that is all except the one last night who keep them from getting all eight of the gold. Personally I really think that all that were there competing were winners. After all they had to win just to be there, didn't they???????
    That's great! I agree! It would and could be a BETTER WORLD if everyone thought this way! Thanks Jim, for a "Ray" of Sunlight...
    Vasudeva

Yeah I know....

Just couldn't resist the opportunity....

As for women's basketball, we certainly don't have whole suburbs full of of basketball playing minorities to fuel our women's team.....just ordinary people, like it used to be for the Olympics...

Athletic egos in sports like tennis, basketball or soccer and other professional spillovers just couldn't hack being out of the limelight. Professional sports and sports people ruin the fun of it all....

And as for Tibet, who's protesting now? The spotlight dissappeared and so does the attention....looks like it will take a Tibetan Monk to light himself up in protest to refocus the world media, a-la Saigon....

The Olympics should have been left alone

Yeah I know....

Just couldn't resist the opportunity....

As for women's basketball, we certainly don't have whole suburbs full of of basketball playing minorities to fuel our women's team.....just ordinary people, like it used to be for the Olympics...

Athletic egos in sports like tennis, basketball or soccer and other professional spillovers just couldn't hack being out of the limelight. Professional sports and sports people ruin the fun of it all....

And as for Tibet, who's protesting now? The spotlight dissappeared and so does the attention....looks like it will take a Tibetan Monk to light himself up in protest to refocus the world media, a-la Saigon....

The Olympics should have been left alone
    Only one problem there my dear Kate. Money, big big money. Need I say more.

The ones that I enjoyed seeing vanquised was the Fench Swimmers that immediately announced prior to the Swimming events actually getting started, to the U.S. said : "we will crush you". Windbags and scally-wags as usual.
    They're the same ilk that, when we went ashore there in WWII to wipe out the Nazis that we had to fight them first when our troops first came ashore. As well, a large portion of them were actually buddying up to the Nazis.
    As for whimpering, pouting Olympics losers, all I can suggest is to try harder the next time. But, I still believe it takes dedicated individuals that work hard at what they desire to excel, suceed in. Not individuals that just merely wish to achieve such honors. In the end, with most everything, anything worthwhile one has to earn through hard work and dedication - not whimsical, laquidasical and half-hearted application.
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Only one problem there my dear Kate. Money, big big money. Need I say more.

Micahel Phelps certainly was NOT backed by a professional standing or "Big Money". He was an Amateur individual that worked hard and disciplined himeself to excel. He is a good example to a lot of youths in regard to what the road to sucess truly means. If he would have had 1000 individuals to start out with him way back when he decided he was going to develope his body and hone his swimming skills to achieve what he did, prior to these recent Olympics he would have looked around and seen perhaps, two or three left of that
    Okay, so now he is going to realize several million dollars in endorsements and fees. But that is part of his reward for all of his lonely years of hard work. That is how it is supposed to work in regard to sucess.
    Not like the scum and criminal low-lifes such as come on here and seek to make money and gain property through scamming and swindling people.
    Lest we forget, there was his Mother, as well, sitting in the stands and relishing his every vitory. Respect and Laurels to her as well. I am sure that Micahel will see to it that she gets her just dues and reward as well. Because he will share his coming prosperity, THAT HE EARNED, with her.
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    Micahel Phelps certainly was NOT backed by a professional standing or "Big Money". He was an Amateur individual that worked hard and disciplined himeself to excel. He is a good example to a lot of youths in regard to what the road to sucess truly means. If he would have had 1000 individuals to start out with him way back when he decided he was going to develope his body and hone his swimming skills to achieve what he did, prior to these recent Olympics he would have looked around and seen perhaps, two or three left of that
    Okay, so now he is going to realize several million dollars in endorsements and fees. But that is part of his reward for all of his lonely years of hard work. That is how it is supposed to work in regard to sucess.
    Not like the scum and criminal low-lifes such as come on here and seek to make money and gain property through scamming and swindling people.
    Lest we forget, there was his Mother, as well, sitting in the stands and relishing his every vitory. Respect and Laurels to her as well. I am sure that Micahel will see to it that she gets her just dues and reward as well. Because he will share his coming prosperity, THAT HE EARNED, with her.
    I was only refering to those that try to capitolize on the atheletics not the individual like Phelps.