+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Self Employed Guest

How many "Christian Based" scams are there?

Just curious ...

1/2 of the free sites have Gifting folks using Biblical Quotes to make folks think
    they are a Modern Day Moses and will part the Red Sea and lead them to the land of riches

We all know about the "Rev" Jackie and the "Pastor" Timmy with AC and how well that "Church of God" venture worked in screwing folks all over the country

There was a program that folded not long ago called "Scriptures" that was hawking Food products if I recall

The "Rev" Pat Robertson of CBN ran a MLM scam back in the early 90s

Bottom line: YOU SEE "CHRISTIAN BASED" and you can bank on that being a full blown scam as Christians are as gullible as it gets on all sectors of life

Re: How many "Christian Based" scams are there?

as my parents LOVE to say, God is big business. Driving around there city (big southern city with $$$), you see these absolutely massive churches. not just one or two, but dozens of churches that would make a super walmart look tiny. try a large shopping mall.

i've seen clips of these large evangelical rev's on TV saying ~'send us your 10% tithing even if you can't make your mortgage payment. God will take care of you.' Personally, I believe there's a special place in hell for preachers of that calibur. ( i love that U2 lyric "the God I believe in isn't short of cash, mister.")

Seems like most scammers will use any line they can to find their marks. Religion offers a quick way to earn someone's trust.

But, another thing to consider is how many legitimate businesses have a large Christian influence. I've been to a few suppliers (we are a huge company with 1000's of suppliers of vrious sizes) that are small, local operations where the walls are plastered with biblical quotes. not everyone working there may be christian, but most of them seem to be. had one that had christian messages on the back of their business cards. they didn't openly push it when we were talking business, but there were reminders everywhere.

Self Employed Guest

Carlin said it best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

Quote Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes
    Seems like most scammers will use any line they can to find their marks. Religion offers a quick way to earn someone's trust.
    Sad but true.

The religious lines, IMO, are the worst of the worst.

If hell is real, there's a very special place reserved for the slimeballs that use religion to "earn someones trust".

We totally agree, 100% on this one calvin!

Does that include just the churches themselves? Lots of em!

IMO, organized religion is a cult & a scam!

Blending religion with business in NWM/DS is a bad idea, as well as a very limitied, narrow demograph, and IMO won't make it over the long haul.

Too many people are offended, or left out. It's too personal a decision to make a business model out of that will last.

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by Self Employed View Post
    Great vid!

Carlin will be missed.

KLH

Self Employed Guest

I love this one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfLgub2dhb4

Pat Roberson is is a scam... And the Trinity Broadcasting Netwrok is also a scam. Always asking for money. You cant tell me that Jan Crouch's ecentricies were fronted by her purse alone and all on the dime of tithers. She is so plastic-surgeried-up'd that she and MJ would make a great couple.

Turn your T.V. sets to something other than TBN or 700 Club. They will suck you dry!

I agre scammers like to use they are a christian man to havee people dig into their wallets, I am a christian and i think it is very offensive
    I am a spiritual christian and not a religous christian, I dont go to church and I dont bing it into my business.
    There are tons of good christian people who do fall for these, they are good people and i think these scammers use go to entice people but the reality is, I think these scammer use god so much that go can be blamed and not the scammers themselves, it is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Sad but true.

The religious lines, IMO, are the worst of the worst.

If hell is real, there's a very special place reserved for the slimeballs that use religion to "earn someones trust".

We totally agree, 100% on this one calvin!

Does that include just the churches themselves? Lots of em!

IMO, organized religion is a cult & a scam!

Blending religion with business in NWM/DS is a bad idea, as well as a very limitied, narrow demograph, and IMO won't make it over the long haul.

Too many people are offended, or left out. It's too personal a decision to make a business model out of that will last.

Kerry
    Maybe you should try and get Rod Travellingman to ease off a bit. He's really pissing in my Cheerios bringing religion into everything. Then again, the man needs some serious and long term shock therapy if not a frontal lobotomy.
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

Quote Originally Posted by whoareyou44 View Post
    I agre scammers like to use they are a christian man to havee people dig into their wallets, I am a christian and i think it is very offensive
    I am a spiritual christian and not a religous christian, I dont go to church and I dont bing it into my business.
    Good for you. I wish there were many more out there that felt the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoronHere
    Maybe you should try and get Rod Travellingman to ease off a bit. He's really pissing in my Cheerios bringing religion into everything. Then again, the man needs some serious and long term shock therapy if not a frontal lobotomy.
    Thanks for the visual with your cheerios, N!:yelcutelaughA::yelcutelaughA:

I didn't realize how deeply religious he was!

To each his own.

The deepest secret is that life is not a process of discovery, but a process of creation. You are not discovering yourself, but creating yourself anew. Seek, therefore not to find out who you are, seek to determine who you want to be.

~ Conversations With God
    Don't know if any of you have read the book "Conversations With God". Most excellent. If there is a God, I'd want him to be like the one portrayed in that book. Very, very insightful.

Highly recommend it.

And believe me, in no way am I religious.

Spiritual? Possibly. Religious? No effin way!

I'll freeze in hell long before joining a church cult.

JMO

KLH

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    I didn't realize how deeply religious he was!

To each his own.
    KLH
    It should be "to each his own" and I am a firm believer in that, but when someone constantly quotes scripture and brings his own personal religious beliefs into it, that's when he's violated other people's space. He has no respect for anyone else, just like the MLM Christian based scams. Of course TM also thinks that the "leader Coach" in YTB is also the Second Coming. Can you say WHACK JOB? Now you know why cults are prevalent in MLM.
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Moron_Here View Post
    It should be "to each his own" and I am a firm believer in that, but when someone constantly quotes scripture and brings his own personal religious beliefs into it, that's when he's violated other people's space. Now you know why cults are prevalent in MLM.
    Yes, it's easy to see that. I've always realized, Re: MLM, that it's, in a very real sense like religion, as it boils down to belief.It's why, IMO, "How to's" aren't enough. In order to do something, most of us have to believe in what were up to, or we don't do it.

But, then again, what isn't about belief? Gov't, Religion, abortion, politics, NWM, sales, education, NFL vs NBA, etc...

Here's some fun stuff I found on belief in my fav quotes.

Men never do evil so thoroughly and cheerfully as when they do it for conscience sake. ~Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 1670
    ~~~
    Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones. ~Bertrand Russell
    ~~~
    When I believe in nothing I do not want to meet you when you believe in nothing. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin
    ~~~
    We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe; the record may seem superficial, but it is indelible. You cannot educate a man wholly out of the superstitious fears which were implanted in his imagination, no matter how utterly his reason may reject them. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr., The Poet at the Breakfast Table, 1872
    ~~~
    Not... what opinions are held, but... how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, [liberal] opinions are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment. ~Bertrand Russell, Unpopular Essays, 1950
    Yep, it's all about belief.

Fun stuff!

Kerry
    Last edited by ohein56; 08-19-2008 at 06:21 PM.

Self Employed Guest

Cant wait to see Jackie Weinzerel running some MLM scam with the main product being "Miracle Wine" that guarantees entrance into Heaven

I hate bastards like that lowlife who use the Bible to con folks out of money ...

funny, iw as just thinking the same thing,mlm opportunity of a lifetime, A free pass into heaven, go ahead sin all you want lie,cheat,steal this tickets gets you into heaven,how do you think i am getting in lmao

I would like to add, that I love NWM and believe that it can be done profitably, ethically, and with pride & professionalism, and also, without taking advantage of anyone, at any time.

You believe what you want to believe about it. It's OK by me.

I now realize there are millions of self-made millionaires who started with nothing. They dug inside themselves to find the answers and they succeeded. There is nothing anyone else can do that I can't do.~ Dean Graziosi
    Just thought I'd add that.:ylsuper:

Kerry
    Last edited by ohein56; 08-19-2008 at 10:51 PM.

I agree completely about all organised religions being scams and cults. Religion , if it must exist at all, ought to be very personal and people should keep their beliefs to themselves, and live and let live. I guess, I'm not following my own advice by sitting here and typing that "this is how I think it should be"...because even that is rather preachy and I do not mean to sound like those awful people :(
    TerraIncognita