+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Are there ANY legit work-at-home dealies?

Hi! Found this site while researching something else so I figure this is a good resource to try and get some answers.

Here's my situation: I was just laid off from my job. I am taking classes online for accounting, but that does not pay the bills. I've put my resume up on Monster and HotJobs, hoping to be able to get my foot in the door somewhere with the Associate's Degree I've already earned while still taking my classes to earn my Bachelor's Degree.

The thing is that all the job postings I've found require a BS, and at least a year's experience. Needless to say, my hopes of finding a job this way are kind of low. I've thought about work-at-home gigs before, but have dismissed them as scams.

My question to you all is: Are they really all scams? Are there any legitimate work-at-home gigs out there? I'm not looking to make a fortune, like the scams promise. I just want to be able to make ends meet and be able to spend time with my fiancee.

Thanks, in advance, for your advice. :smilie_newbie:

Re: Are there ANY legit work-at-home dealies?

There are many online jobs available - freelance writing, online tuitions, transcription. It depends on your skills.

what ever you try do not touch
    totalnetbiz,as they are one big ripoff,
    I joind up 3 weeks ago,once they have your money BAD LUCK:errr:

you can do paid surveys to make a little extra money but it in no way will replace a job. freelance writing may be a good option also
    Absolutely free paid surveys- Paid Survey Sites

Submit and Read Reviews of Paid Survey - Paid Survey Reviews
    Are paid online surveys a scam ? Find out here

The Blog About Paid Surveys... Paid Surveys A Scam

If you can write there are always tons of jobs open for bloggers.

Thanks to everybody who has provided me with some info. I think that if I can do both the paid surveys and the writing, that just might be enough to make ends meet until I graduate.

avidgamer123: I clicked on your link, but I got a 404.

Thanks again, everybody! yb:

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kjcasey42 View Post
    Here's my situation: I was just laid off from my job. I am taking classes online for accounting, but that does not pay the bills. I've put my resume up on Monster and HotJobs, hoping to be able to get my foot in the door somewhere with the Associate's Degree I've already earned while still taking my classes to earn my Bachelor's Degree.

The thing is that all the job postings I've found require a BS, and at least a year's experience. Needless to say, my hopes of finding a job this way are kind of low. I've thought about work-at-home gigs before, but have dismissed them as scams.
    Hi you can also search craigslist for accounting/bookkeeping jobs. Good luck!

4realtoyou Guest

I can only give you one solid advice before you get lost in the „Work-at-Home-Internet -World“ - That is start by studying. You can profit a lot from the tutoring of others before you try for real yourself. I am testing this program out and have gained a lot in since I joined, not so long ago: SPAMSPAMSPAM

Take care now and don’t get scammed
    Last edited by katiescorner; 08-13-2008 at 07:21 AM.

That is a very loaded questions since I have been looking for ways to work online. Tried everything. Been there!!! Done that !!! Lost tons of money and time as well instead of making money.

don't fall for those keyboarding and data entry stuff since they are all scams. Stay away from the "doing offers business" and i honestly won't even go there.

Now blogging, if you have very interesting topics and a very interesting lifestyle where you can develop a readershop, you can earn, but to get the readers is very time consuming since you have to read their blogs too.

I plan to start with a couple companies right now but I won't comment until I see neg or pos results. One of those companies don't pay much anyway and I still have to pass the test.

Stay away from arts and crafts since they make you pay for the kit an then they find things wrong with your work. I never did that anyway since I am not into that thigamajig. But I know people who got scammed by that.

Finally, stay away from gifting.

If my little dealies work out, i will tell you so that you can get in without regret. I don't want to steer anyone wrong and if I have luck with something, I will share.

Have you tried affiliate marketing. It is free to start, you just have to read alot and find out how to do it. There are also books that teach you how, but those usually cost money.

Thanks
    Affiliate Success Secrets - $67 Value - Free Download
    Traffic Getting Software
    Make Money On Squidoo - 4 Awesome Ebooks - $7 - This is a steal...
    $150/day online in 8 steps - Free guide Right Here...

Most of the legitimate "work-at-home-dealies" aren't jobs. They are either contract work, such as getting typing assignments from eLance and other freelance clearing houses or they are work your own business. Some work at home positions are really work from home, as you may have to go out to get the business or deliver the products or service.

But assume every home-based typing offer promoted online is as scammy as every home-assembly opportunity.

Real work at home jobs include Customer Service Rep for companies such as West or Alpine. Search for them with Google, including CSR or Customer Service Representative. Most of these are restricted to the region where the companies are based. Look for more at rat race rebellion.

For examples of what others have done that is working for them, visit StartupNation.com and check out their current Home-based business competition along with the Top 10 winners in last year's contest. Many are things I never would have considered - Maybe you'll find the right one for your circumstances.

I've entered my business under "Most Recession Proof".

Good luck.
    Last edited by katiescorner; 08-27-2008 at 12:58 PM.

Hey,

I found a person praising this site from another forum. I don't know if some one can benefit from it
    http://www.procardinternational.com

If you like people and aren't afraid of some rejection there are TONS of legitimate home business' out there, TONS of em. (ie ...Sales)

Just do your homework first.

Kerry Hein

www.firstclassmlm.com might help...

Thats a great idea for a newbie to start... Affiliate as you have said will definitely be beneficial for business...

To be an affiliate you first have to earn trust from many owners of internet home based business and then establish your marketing...
    Take a Giant Leap Into Internet Business For Super-Stardom And Change Your Life Overnight

As a newbie to internet business you always have to know the best choice or the best opportunity which can make you earn more money in less time so that you can further implement new skills into your business... I have heard a lot about cash gifting system which is making huge income, all of this system's members are becoming rich...
    Try this method it may work wonders... I am going to join one such system by this Christmas...
    Last edited by katiescorner; 12-03-2008 at 04:17 PM.