+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: Are there ANY legit work-at-home dealies?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianM View Post
    Everytime there is a knock on the door its either my friends, or a nice hot pizza waiting for me. I don't give a shit about no police.
    Well Mr. Confidence, I am glad that you are not worried about the police. Thats good! But in your haste to show ignorance you forgot about the organization called the Internal Revenue Service. You see, they do not consider ANY internet cash gifting program as "exempt" from taxes. It doesn't matter how much money the "gift" is. It is ALL considered taxable income. If you haven't realized that yet, then you better hurry up and catch on. Let's say you gifted $5000.00. While police are more likely to focus their investigation on people at the top of scheme, once you give somebody your $5,000, you have yourself just committed a felony. Not opinion, the law. If you can refrain from calling me dumb, stupid, or any other useless elementary school insult long enough, look it up. Look it up asap because you have made it clear on this forum and the Beware of Google Money Tree forum that you gladly take part in, not only the cash gifting, but also outright scamming people. Now you can call me whatever you want. That's your right. But it is also my right, and obligation as a United States citizen, to report crimes to the proper authorities. But the funny thing is, I didn't have to. Has been done already. So you can continue cash gifting all you want, but it would be very smart to report your income to the IRS and pay the taxes owed. When you cannot defend your actions or arguments you attack the messenger with insults and name calling to detract attention from your questionable actions. Your posts have proven that and your life as an admitted "former" scam artist discredits eveything you say. Call us anything you want, but you are the idiot that has his picture all over this site. Won't be hard for the authorities to find you. Your confidence won't protect you and it will serve no purpose in prison.

I agree there are some real opportunities out there! I have found some and they have been working for me. I wish you the best of luck!
    Home based business!
    $100 - $200 a day possible! FREE e-book!

To whoever is looking for "work from home". Check out Media Library. It is not a get-rich-quick scam. It is not any sort of MLM operation. It is a job. A real job. You work from home transcribing television and radio news broadcasts. You are paid an hourly wage for your efforts. You work as an independent contractor so no taxes are withheld. You are responsible for your own taxes. Your pay is based upon your invoice... sent in to the office on a weekly basis... documenting the programs you transcribed and their respective times.

As I said... it is a real job. My wife works for them and it has proven to be an excellent additional income for her.

Real work at home jobs include Customer Service Rep for companies such as West or Alpine. Search for them with Google, including CSR or Customer Service Representative. Most of these are restricted to the region where the companies are based. Look for more at rat race rebellion.

There has to be some good legitimate opportunities! The internet is full of home based businesses. Just keep searching.
    Home based business!
    $100 - $200 a day possible! FREE e-book!

Want to start. Where do I start?

Hello,

I have been considering working online for a few months now. I instictively know that if anyone asks me for money to work for them then just stay away, and reading a number of posts on here confirms that. I decided that the best way to go about this is to research it myself or to follow the advice of those who already have.
    It occurs to me that the list of sites that are not scams is far shorter than those that are. If it's possible could anyone suggest any sites that would be a good place to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Want to start. Where do I start?

Quote Originally Posted by schmittelt View Post
    Hello,

I have been considering working online for a few months now. I instictively know that if anyone asks me for money to work for them then just stay away, and reading a number of posts on here confirms that. I decided that the best way to go about this is to research it myself or to follow the advice of those who already have.
    It occurs to me that the list of sites that are not scams is far shorter than those that are. If it's possible could anyone suggest any sites that would be a good place to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    What do you want to do?

You can do stuff like survey taking etc. for a little money though you can't do it fulltime cuz you don't earn that much.

Internet marketing like affiliate marketing and advertising are the more popular ways of earning an income online, and potentially a good one buts its a job that requires you to learn ALOT of information (unless you outsource everything) - just avoid get-rich-quick schemes.

It all depends what you want to do and if this is just to supplment an existing income or do you want to progress to this fulltime

If its the latter i'd buy a book on Internet marketing and go to warriorforum.com for more tips and tricks.

Need more info from you though really.

Quote Originally Posted by mumei101 View Post
    What do you want to do?

You can do stuff like survey taking etc. for a little money though you can't do it fulltime cuz you don't earn that much.

Internet marketing like affiliate marketing and advertising are the more popular ways of earning an income online, and potentially a good one buts its a job that requires you to learn ALOT of information (unless you outsource everything) - just avoid get-rich-quick schemes.

It all depends what you want to do and if this is just to supplment an existing income or do you want to progress to this fulltime

If its the latter i'd buy a book on Internet marketing and go to warriorforum.com for more tips and tricks.

Need more info from you though really.
    thanks.

Survey taking seems a good place to start, anyway. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by schmittelt; 11-02-2009 at 08:40 AM.

Try http://www.freesurveyplace.com/

Always avoid survey sites that
    - want credit card info
    - you have to pay
    - have to buy products
    - claim you can live off the profits

Legit sites will only supplement an income, not replace it.

It all depends on what you are looking for.Niche blitzkrieg is a good program if your interested in making you own websites.Wealthy affiliate is also good if you are a total newbie.Check out the links in my sig for a mini review of these sites.Always do research on anything you are going to buy.Never pay to take surveys.Inbox dollars and sendearnings.com are good places to start getting paid to read emails.You won't make a fulltime income from those two but you can make an extra $60 a month if you stay at both.Good luck.

You can make money with surveys but you are not going to make a significant income. I do surveys and can consistently make anywhere from $250 to $400 a month with minimal work.

If you like writing there are good sites out there that pay you for content. If you consistently dedicate 20 hours a week you could make over $200 a week realistically.

Those are the two easiest ways to get started quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaneypop View Post
    You can make money with surveys but you are not going to make a significant income. I do surveys and can consistently make anywhere from $250 to $400 a month with minimal work.

If you like writing there are good sites out there that pay you for content. If you consistently dedicate 20 hours a week you could make over $200 a week realistically.

Those are the two easiest ways to get started quickly.
    Thanks Zaneypop. I'll look into it.
    Last edited by schmittelt; 11-03-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schmittelt View Post
    Hello,

I'd suggest you begin with StartUpNation.com and their 2009 "Top 100 Home-based Business" Contest. Even those who submitted and didn't win could direct you to not only to a legitimate business, but one that appeals to you as well. If you aren't interested in the particular field, you'll likely lose interest before you reach an income that would be motivation enough to hold your interest.

As for paying for start-up materials, you couldn't open a store front without fixtures an inventory, why do you think you can start a business from scratch without at least a little money being required. As long as the amount is reasonable for the materials/samples provided, it could be difference in you dismissing one of the better opportunities available.

Do you live in the U.S.? The opportunities available will depend on where you are located. Not every company travels well internationally.

Selling is one of the surest ways to build an income. But, most people won't give is a second look, once they hear sales is involved. And business-to-business sales can be far more rewarding, even if it is more challenging.

I've been self-employed for 25 years, and the $50 I sent off to get started was the best investment I could have made.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Dennis

Go to ratracerebellion for some work at home opportunities. West at Home is legit. I know from experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjcasey42 View Post
    Hi! Found this site while researching something else so I figure this is a good resource to try and get some answers.

Here's my situation: I was just laid off from my job. I am taking classes online for accounting, but that does not pay the bills. I've put my resume up on Monster and HotJobs, hoping to be able to get my foot in the door somewhere with the Associate's Degree I've already earned while still taking my classes to earn my Bachelor's Degree.

The thing is that all the job postings I've found require a BS, and at least a year's experience. Needless to say, my hopes of finding a job this way are kind of low. I've thought about work-at-home gigs before, but have dismissed them as scams.

My question to you all is: Are they really all scams? Are there any legitimate work-at-home gigs out there? I'm not looking to make a fortune, like the scams promise. I just want to be able to make ends meet and be able to spend time with my fiancee.

Thanks, in advance, for your advice. :smilie_newbie: