+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Re: The Fundamental Problem of MLM

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    He's not having a good day today

rofl
    Here is some links to the bonehead links you were interested in Hieny.

I'm just using this net

Update I: A commenter gave the inflation rate over those 11 years at just over 33%! A $7 billion dollar business in 1997 would have to be over a $9 billion to stay up with inflation. This means the in 2007 real dollars a drop from over $9 billion
    Last edited by nomass; 12-28-2008 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nomass View Post
    Here is some links to the bonehead links you were interested in Hieny.

I'm just using this net

Update I: A commenter gave the inflation rate over those 11 years at just over 33%! A $7 billion dollar business in 1997 would have to be over a $9 billion to stay up with inflation. This means the in 2007 real dollars a drop from over $9 billion
    Whatever...

Another lucid post from the Village Idiot Nomass....ing1::crazy1:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Golfer doesnt understand the basic principles of MLM. When you recruit someone , you earn a percentage of their and their groups sales. How can they possible be competition? :spin2:
    How can they possible be your competition you ask?

Think about it a minute.

If you recruit someone from within your own social circle, you pretty much just created an equal competitor, haven't you? And won't that decrease your own sales? Will what you gain from recruiting that person (the cut from their sales) be enough to offset the loss of your own sales, and thus, income?

Some MLMers are taught to recruit their best customers. That is even MORE insane. You just turned one of your best assets, a repeat customer, into a COMPETITOR!

Not only are you expected to create competitors, you are supposed to create lots and lots of them.

What sort of sane business rewards its sales people by encouraging them to create competitors, AND train them, all selling the same product? This only benefits the company, not you, but they lure you in with the promise of "creating passive income".

Remember, the company doesn't spend a penny on training and marketing. YOU, as a member, will be doing all the training and marketing, and PAYING FOR IT YOURSELF.

That's why I maintain MLM is such a wacko business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post

Think about it a minute.

If you recruit someone from within your own social circle, you pretty much just created an equal competitor, haven't you? And won't that decrease your own sales? Will what you gain from recruiting that person (the cut from their sales) be enough to offset the loss of your own sales, and thus, income?

Some MLMers are taught to recruit their best customers. That is even MORE insane. You just turned one of your best assets, a repeat customer, into a COMPETITOR!

Not only are you expected to create competitors, you are supposed to create lots and lots of them.

What sort of sane business rewards its sales people by encouraging them to create competitors, AND train them, all selling the same product? This only benefits the company, not you, but they lure you in with the promise of "creating passive income".

Remember, the company doesn't spend a penny on training and marketing. YOU, as a member, will be doing all the training and marketing, and PAYING FOR IT YOURSELF.

That would require a substantial retail customer base, which is lacking in MLM to begin with. The downlines are the primary customer, we all know that.

Otherwise, especially with a Stairstep Breakaway program, your downlines break away, and their business volume is no longer yours, only some residuals from them. If you're on the cusp, the break-away's can bust you down below the level you need to be in order to receive their resiuals. Just reference AvoCare's comp plan. It's all there. Build up your ownline, and lose the break-away's resiuals forever if you cannot resotre their lost business volume quickly.

What a scam!
    Last edited by BoxAlarm126; 06-30-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    MLM's Mission Statement:

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

"Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

Think about it a minute.

Firstly you are earning a percentage of their personal sales. Secondly you train them to build a downline full of people they know, those people know, those people know etc.....all people its very unlikely you would have known...... so you would be earning a percentage of a large group of people you would never have known if you hadnt sponsored and trained them to build a downline. Competitors? lol.

Same reason as above. You can carry on earning say, 30% of ONE person, or you can sponsor and train them and earn 10% of hundreds or thousands of people. Your choice, I know which choice would be mine.

What sort of business does this? One that you dont understand obviously. LOL, it really is no wonder why you couldnt make it work Doc......pretty obvious to me.....its called ignorance.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by nomass View Post
    No methinks it's over your head Heiny, since it is obvious that it is you who is clueless.

Since most people become involved in Internet Marketing through some MLM program this seems a logical place to start and here is a nice tool to help you run the figures yourselves because they all have a saturation point. With this you can at least see how many people you need to recruit in your scheme to enable you to break even. http://www.homepage.net/pyramidcalculator/welcome.asp

You don't have a clue but you continue to babble your BS. You are dumber than a rock!
    That "dumber than a rock" comment, yeah, we're aware of that.

Anyways, that link you gave to calculate how many people you need to recruit in your scheme to enable you to break even, it's changed.

Here's the proper one...

Pyramid Scheme Scam Calculator

MLM - it sounds like an easy way to get rich, until you realise that the only way that anybody makes money is by taking it directly from other participants – chiefly friends, relatives and co-workers. Also, it takes a very short time for a geographical or social community to be swamped with scheme members, the vast majority of whom will never make any money from the scheme – as you can see if you run the numbers in our calculator.

Same reason as above. You can carry on earning say, 30% of ONE person, or you can sponsor and train them and earn 10% of hundreds or thousands of people. Your choice, I know which choice would be mine.
    As usual, Doyle, like many tape speaking MLMer's have the theory down, but the real life results would suggest otherwise. Of course Doyle is free to prove me wrong. He won't though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    As usual, Doyle, like many tape speaking MLMer's have the theory down, but the real life results would suggest otherwise. Of course Doyle is free to prove me wrong. He won't though.
    Prove you wrong? Damn right I wont...not until you prove to me that you`re not a convicted felon. Why should I give personal details to someone who might be a fraudster?
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Think about it a minute.

Question(s)...of all of your friends, do you know everyone they know AND everyone THEY know?, REALLY!? Is so, you likely have NO FRIENDS, (with a smelly attitude like yours Doc, not too hard to imagine that at all!) Amazing!? :yelcutelaughA: also...since it's 'confirmed' by the IDS's you love to howl about endlessly, most people do nothing ('fail') in MLM, how are they competitors if most people quit or 'fail'?!

Once again, Doc seems to be an extremist "wacko" making crap up!

Typical

As usual, poorly thought out BS from DocBunk.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Imagine if Ray Kroc thought that every time he opened a new McDonald`s he was creating a new competitor for himself. :yelcutelaughA:

Imagine if Ray Kroc thought that every time he opened a new McDonald`s he was creating a new competitor for himself. :yelcutelaughA:
    Seriously, do you ever think about what you're saying before you post something?

I never really looked at other distributors as competitors, but that's true. Even when it comes to recruiting, you are up against other people in the MLM.

It's usually not a problem in MLM, however. Because most people would take off running away from BOTH of you, rather than trying to decide which one to join under.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

Firstly you are earning a percentage of their personal sales. Secondly you train them to build a downline full of people they know, those people know, those people know etc.....all people its very unlikely you would have known...... so you would be earning a percentage of a large group of people you would never have known if you hadnt sponsored and trained them to build a downline. Competitors? lol.
    What sort of business does this? One that you dont understand obviously. LOL, it really is no wonder why you couldnt make it work Doc......pretty obvious to me.....its called ignorance.
    So your circle of family and friends and their circle of family and friends don't significantly overlap? Could that mean that your victim is the only one in their circle of friends who doesn't see you as a scammer from a mile away and that you are a single child whose parents were also both single children?

Imagine if Ray Kroc thought that every time he opened a new McDonald`s he was creating a new competitor for himself.
    As a matter of fact, there are strict limits on how close another McDonald's can be opened to yours, specifically for the competition and leaching away business problems.

Nice try on the inane analogy competition though! You are already a top contender.

I'd say within eyesight would be a good limitation. If I can spot another McDonald's down the road from this one, then they are too close together.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.