+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Re: Last Random Item You Bought?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    ever do anything with elk antlers??
    No I haven't Jim... I really haven't had the opportunity to have acces to any that I recall. I know they are used to make knife handles and such.
    I have in the past made some hunting knives from file blades. I used a combination of thin copper section, brass. leather and colored plastic. They came out rather nice.
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    No I haven't Jim... I really haven't had the opportunity to have acces to any that I recall. I know they are used to make knife handles and such.
    I have in the past made some hunting knives from file blades. I used a combination of thin copper section, brass. leather and colored plastic. They came out rather nice.
    The boy scouts hold an annual elk horn sale every year here as we are right by the elk refuge where they drop their horns a lot. There is still some available I think. Would you like me to see what I can find for you?

i suppose random means unneeded!?i cant believe spell check didn't zap that word!?it looks wrong to me!?last items were a flurry of ebay mp4 players and mem cards from cheapy china!?really amazing quality for the price including ship from china!?there minds are so impressive!?they will rule the world 1 day!?i see they just won the gold in gymnastics again!?now i'm thinkin about gettin into solar powered house lighting with cheap cells from ebay and mini led bulbs!?from where else!?......: :crazy1: :crazy1: hehe!!.....just askn.....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    A treated [tanned[ Deer Hide and the Antlers. I've got a special project I intend to use it for. The last was a tanned Elk Hide. I painted a Native America War-Bonnet Mandala on it and sold it for $500-.It is now hanging on the wall of the corporate headquarters of a major U.S. Franchise chain...
    Wow! Julian, are you painter too? I see you are an expert in all areas...

Please don't shoot the piano player, he's doing the best he can.

Author’s emoticons KOLOBOK-Style

hey!i'm a painter too!i guess it's all part of my mac gyver existence!?landscapes mostly!?got started after watchin the PBS TV paint guys!?dont dabble anymore,the economy is too tight for that and i like to eat!?: :crazy1: :sun_smiley: hehe!!....just askn....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    hey!i'm a painter too!i guess it's all part of my mac gyver existence!?landscapes mostly!?got started after watchin the PBS TV paint guys!?dont dabble anymore,the economy is too tight for that and i like to eat!?: :crazy1: :sun_smiley: hehe!!....just askn....
    Well if your paintings are any good, maybe you could turn them into a little spare cash by sellihng them at flea markets for example.