+ Reply to Thread

Roads we don't need roads...

I have been following this story for a while. This is called a sky car. It is really cool I think. Though not readily available right now, and in a year or two will probably cost around $500,000. As time goes bye though and production goes up prices could come down to around $80,000. Still expensive, but a lot better than 1/2 a million. There goal is to program your destination so you don't actually fly it. Well you could but you would need a pilots license. As long as you don't fly it, the sky car will take you to the destination you program into it. Well you just have to read more about it. Here is the link.

www.moller.com/skycar.htm

Re: Roads we don't need roads...

Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    I have been following this story for a while. This is called a sky car. It is really cool I think. Though not readily available right now, and in a year or two will probably cost around $500,000. As time goes bye though and production goes up prices could come down to around $80,000. Still expensive, but a lot better than 1/2 a million. There goal is to program your destination so you don't actually fly it. Well you could but you would need a pilots license. As long as you don't fly it, the sky car will take you to the destination you program into it. Well you just have to read more about it. Here is the link.

www.moller.com/skycar.htm
    I'll wait for the teleporter

Im afraid of the glitches.....I might just have to get a bike.
    Now quit your yappin!! :2gunsfiring_v1:

A worthless invention, it will just rot in the "hanger". No one has that type of money, unless they have Invested their monies into the Millionaire's Stocks. And well, the new world order is coming and this will be only for he ELITE to use. No slaves will have money to buy at the depressed low wages that will befall on the American people. WASTED GARBAGE.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    A worthless invention, it will just rot in the "hanger". No one has that type of money, unless they have Invested their monies into the Millionaire's Stocks. And well, the new world order is coming and this will be only for he ELITE to use. No slaves will have money to buy at the depressed low wages that will befall on the American people. WASTED GARBAGE.
    Well if I can't buy one I guess I will just have to ( borrow ) one

I feel at the least an interesting idea. Of course you can imagine the hell that they will have to through to make this happen. I know when looking at this you have to worry about glitches, and things. I am hopeful that this works out for them. I would love to have something that could take off vertically, than fly you, not you flying it, to your pre-programmed destination. For example mumbles could say I need a bag of... well lets just say an herb and the sky car would take them there. It would seem that they are really trying to make this as safe as possible. A failure when the sky car comes to market, or after, would most likely mean the end of this company. So I hope them the best. Even if I may not be able to get one. Just pointing out hey I thought this sky car was really cool.
    Last edited by howdy; 08-08-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: missed word.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    But you must remember Galaxy, that all new products are expensive when they first come out on the open market. In time the price will become as affordable as a car is today. It will have to to be if they are going to be able to stay in business. There is a chance that it could well replace the automobile not tofar in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    I'll wait for the teleporter
    Me too.

Please don't shoot the piano player, he's doing the best he can.

Author’s emoticons KOLOBOK-Style

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Well if I can't buy one I guess I will just have to ( borrow ) one
    I think in this case better use of slingshot... :spin2:

Please don't shoot the piano player, he's doing the best he can.

Author’s emoticons KOLOBOK-Style