+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

  1. #1
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Communism today: USA edition

    U.S. authorities now have the power to seize and detain travellers' electronic devices, including laptops and cellphones, and make copies of their contents at an off-site location, under newly disclosed customs policies.

    The policy gives border agents at any point of entry into the United States the authority to also take documents, books, pamphlets and hard drives. The items can be seized from anyone crossing the border and may then be copied and shared with other government agencies, according to Department of Homeland Security documents dated July 16.

    "Officers may detain documents and electronic devices, or copies thereof, for a reasonable period of time to perform a thorough border search," the policy says. "The search may take place on-site or at an off-site location."

    U.S. Senator Russ Feingold told the Washington Post he finds the new policies "alarming" and said he plans to introduce legislation that would make grounds for border searches more rigorous.

    Greg Nojeim, senior counsel at the Washington, D.C.-based Center for Democracy and Technology, said the new policies allow authorities to conduct searches without suspicion of wrongdoing.

    "They're saying they can rifle through all the information in a traveller's laptop without having a smidgen of evidence that the traveller is breaking the law," he told the Post.

    If the authorities find there is not probable cause to hold the seized items, copies must be destroyed, according to the policy. The policy does not outline a timeframe in which materials must be returned.

    "These examinations are part of ... long-standing practice and are essential to uncovering vital law-enforcement information," the policy says, noting examinations help authorities detect possible instances of terrorism, narcotics smuggling, child pornography and violations of copyright and trademark laws.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,840

    Re: Communism today: USA edition

    Going to side step here, but the ELITES, the Global Elites the Bilderbergers Zionist JEws as they are, decided to test out CHINA first as a COMMUNIST COUNTRY we are going to be next when they rule totally over us in the NWO. So they ttested CHINA FIRST. And HOMELAND SECURITY director is a zionist jew, Michael C. he is 54 and looks like he 80

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,549

    Re: Communism today: USA edition

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Going to side step here, but the ELITES, the Global Elites the Bilderbergers Zionist JEws as they are, decided to test out CHINA first as a COMMUNIST COUNTRY we are going to be next when they rule totally over us in the NWO. So they ttested CHINA FIRST. And HOMELAND SECURITY director is a zionist jew, Michael C. he is 54 and looks like he 80
    Of course you're "side-stepping". I don't believe you've contributed to a single topic since you've been here.

    Please explain... If China went Communist first, as you say, then how is it that Communism began in Russia under Lenin in 1917

    ====================

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,549

    Re: Communism today: USA edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    U.S. authorities now have the power to seize and detain travellers' electronic devices, including laptops and cellphones, and make copies of their contents at an off-site location, under newly disclosed customs policies.

    The policy gives border agents at any point of entry into the United States the authority to also take documents, books, pamphlets and hard drives. The items can be seized from anyone crossing the border and may then be copied and shared with other government agencies, according to Department of Homeland Security documents dated July 16.

    "Officers may detain documents and electronic devices, or copies thereof, for a reasonable period of time to perform a thorough border search," the policy says. "The search may take place on-site or at an off-site location."

    U.S. Senator Russ Feingold told the Washington Post he finds the new policies "alarming" and said he plans to introduce legislation that would make grounds for border searches more rigorous.

    Greg Nojeim, senior counsel at the Washington, D.C.-based Center for Democracy and Technology, said the new policies allow authorities to conduct searches without suspicion of wrongdoing.

    "They're saying they can rifle through all the information in a traveller's laptop without having a smidgen of evidence that the traveller is breaking the law," he told the Post.

    If the authorities find there is not probable cause to hold the seized items, copies must be destroyed, according to the policy. The policy does not outline a timeframe in which materials must be returned.

    "These examinations are part of ... long-standing practice and are essential to uncovering vital law-enforcement information," the policy says, noting examinations help authorities detect possible instances of terrorism, narcotics smuggling, child pornography and violations of copyright and trademark laws.
    Would you happen to have a link to this source, please? I'd like to read it...


    thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,840

    Re: Communism today: USA edition

    As usual paul you have shit for brains

  6. #6
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Communism today: USA edition

    http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/200...-searches.html

    Sorry. And it was a little hard to re-find this time for some reason. It's like it's bad news and they are trying to hide it. Not like the axe murder of the the 10 year old girl... no that's front page.

    But rights and freedoms of everyone in the world, that's somewhere in the back under consumer life section.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,549

    Re: Communism today: USA edition

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    As usual paul you have shit for brains
    No. It's more like 'as usual Chester, you fail to respond to a direct question that challenges a statement you've made'.
    =================


    Thanks for the info Lord_Jag... I don't have time this morning, but I'll have opportunity to read it tonight... thanks again.

  8. #8
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Communism today: USA edition

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Going to side step here, but the ELITES, the Global Elites the Bilderbergers Zionist JEws as they are, decided to test out CHINA first as a COMMUNIST COUNTRY we are going to be next when they rule totally over us in the NWO. So they ttested CHINA FIRST. And HOMELAND SECURITY director is a zionist jew, Michael C. he is 54 and looks like he 80

    STFU!!!! you complete dipshit!
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  9. #9
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Communism today: USA edition

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    STFU!!!! you complete dipshit!
    Just a little over the top, but I have to agree with you. I don't like to see that racist hatespeach either. He ignores everything you write, so why not ignore his posts and move on?
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,549

    Re: Communism today: USA edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/200...-searches.html

    Sorry. And it was a little hard to re-find this time for some reason. It's like it's bad news and they are trying to hide it. Not like the axe murder of the the 10 year old girl... no that's front page.

    But rights and freedoms of everyone in the world, that's somewhere in the back under consumer life section.
    Thanks for the link... I read the article and followed the support link to the .pdf policy statement. It appears they have this exactly backwards;

    "Detention and Review by Officers. Officers may detain documents and electronic devices, or copies thereof, for a reasonable period of time to perform a thorough border search. The search may take place on-site or at an off-site location. Except as noted in section D below, if after reviewing the information there is not probable cause to seize it, any copies of the information must be destroyed. All
    actions surrounding the detention will be documented by the officer and certified by the Supervisor."


    Isn't "probable cause" supposed to come first???

    Good for Senator Feingold!! This is, IMO, a clear case of an agency 'pushing the envelope' & needing to be reigned in. I saw no reference, in the pdf file, to any supporting legislation.

  11. #11
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Communism today: USA edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    Just a little over the top, but I have to agree with you. I don't like to see that racist hatespeach either. He ignores everything you write, so why not ignore his posts and move on?
    Yeah, sorry about that. Galaxative just keeps posting the same old BS and I was pissed that his off topic was an attempt to hijack the thread with is electronic drool.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  12. #12
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Communism today: USA edition

    I like the quote they have at the bottom:

    They came first for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

    Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

    Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

    Then they came for the Catholics,
    and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

    Then they came for me,
    and by that time no one was left to speak up.


    When are we going to speak up against America becoming a communist country with no rights or freedoms?
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  13. #13
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    *NEW*Communism today: USA edition

    U.S. tightens security along Great Lakes border

    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/...us-border.html

    The United States will unveil new border surveillance measures Friday in a move that has one New Democratic MP decrying what he sees as the "weaponization" of the Canada-U.S. frontier.

    U.S. Customs and Border Protection is slated to open an air and marine border-monitoring outpost just north of the Detroit-Windsor border at Selfridge Air National Guard Base on Lake St. Clair in Michigan.

    The $17-million Great Lakes Air and Marine Branch will help fight human and drug smuggling, U.S. officials said. The post will use 11 aircraft, including a Black Hawk helicopter, and five boats to patrol the Great Lakes waterways daily, said Eric Rembold, director of aviation operations at U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

    Windsor West MP and NDP border critic Brian Masse voiced his concern Thursday about the implications of the new surveillance measures.

    "If we're going to continue to see weaponization that is used in conflicts like Afghanistan and Iraq put on the Canada-U.S. border, saying that it's required for safety and security, it really changes the nature of our relationship," he said.

    After the Sept. 11, 2001, airplane hijackings, the U.S. Congress mandated the opening of five border-monitoring outposts to strengthen the security of the country's northern frontier. The Michigan branch is the final one to be opened.

    The other four branches located in Bellingham, Wash., Grand Forks, N.D., Great Falls, Mont., and Plattsburgh, N.Y. were opened between 2004 and 2007.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Similar Threads

  1. 2014 Kia Optima SXL-EDITION Amazon Scam
    By falconsfan15 in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2016, 01:11 AM
  2. The threat of Communism in America
    By Knight-mare in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 02:33 PM
  3. 2007 Elite Edition
    By poohistao in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 09:54 PM
  4. Communism vs. Capitalism
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 03:05 AM
  5. What is Zionism's role in Communism?
    By Ronald in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 05:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •