+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Global warming deniers, sue Gore!

Global warming `skeptics' John Coleman, Christopher Monckton, and Owen McShane have been threatening to sue Al Gore and James Hansen for "conspiracy" regarding climate change. I'm therefore organizing an open petition to urge Coleman et al. to go ahead and sue (just as they kept saying they would). Please sign the petition! :rryumy:

(Also, since this is a science forum, here's some obligatory science. :rotz: )

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Re: Global warming deniers, sue Gore!

Yeah, it's too bad 99% of the scientific community agrees that Global Warming is happening, and that, there is a significant humam factor at play.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Yeah, it's too bad 99% of the scientific community agrees that Global Warming is happening, and that, there is a significant humam factor at play.
    Not true. There are some misguided scientists but certainly not 99%.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

yes, I was quoting emotionally, it's more like 95%.
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

So those scientists behind AGW are just "misguided"? Not actively in a "conspiracy"?

So when will Monckton, Coleman, and McShane formally retract their charge that Gore and Hansen are involved in a "conspiracy"? Or actually go ahead and sue Gore and Hansen like they've repeatedly threatened to do?

By the way, sign the petition to urge Coleman et al. to sue Gore!

And with any luck they will drag out the "Heartland 500" list and we can put an end to that also.

The inactivists don't want to talk about the "Heartland 500" list. Must be too shameful and embarrassing.

What I like about bic's "sue us" petition is the fact that it's a REAL petition signed by people who actually want to sign it . . . . unlike the "Heartland 500" list, which was supposed to have been "signed" by a group of unwilling scientists. (which makes me wonder . . . how do people sign a nonexistent petition?)

Barbie Zirconia:

Bah, the "Heartland 500" is so passe now! The inactivists are now crowing about the `conversion' of the 50,000-strong Americal Physical Society... except, oops, that story just got busted too.

500, and now 50,000. Will the inactivists' next "petition" be signed by 5,000,000 people? :)

51 signatures so far! Everyone, please keep the signatures coming, and urge Coleman, Monckton, and McShane to go ahead and sue Gore and Hansen as they promised!

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Even Al Gore's claims reject that. If you recall from Al Gore's movie, he said that over a 10 year period there were 12,000 scientific articles published on Global Warming, out of those 12,000 there were 928 that did not disagree with Man Made Global Warming. Do your math, 928 is only 7.7% of 12,000. That means that 92.3% of the Scientific Articles published disagree with Man Made Global Warming.

Regular News Journalist interviewed about 635 of those 928 and found that only 53% disagreed with man as the cause of Global Warming. So now the number has dropped from 7.7% to less than 3% that support man made global warming.
    Last edited by edmund129; 04-25-2009 at 09:41 AM.

I assume you're talking about Benny Peiser. This is old news.

From Logical Science:

"Peiser's study is seriously flawed. Only one of the papers disagreed with the consensus and it wasn't even peer reviewed.

Therefore Benny found ZERO peer-reviewed papers that disagreed with the scientific consensus."

Also . . . .

http://www.desmogblog.com/benny_peiser

"Peiser makes invalid claims on scientific consensus."

There's probably a reason they haven't sued, and that's probably because it would be a very difficult case. First you're suing over "conspiracy" for a theory. Global warming is still considered a theory, not fact. Second, you're suing over conspiracy to attempt to get people to take better care of earth. There have been positive results from this conspiracy. It's kind of like suing a non-custodial parents for being responsible. It simply doesn't make sense.

Additionally, IF the courts were to judge in favor of Coleman and the rest, do you have any idea how backed up the court systems would get from other such suits? You could then sue for those who publish books about the conspiracy of the earth being destroyed on December 12, 2012, those whove written about 9/11 being a conspiracy, etc. This would open a HUGE can of legal worms which could lead to serious problems in the legal system. I simply see no reasonable judge ruling in their favor. MANY people before Al Gore and James Hansen have used conspiracies to make money, and many more will continue. They can't do it if the consumer does not CHOOSE to buy into the conspiracy. (And I'm in no way saying that I believe Al Gore and James Hansen are involved in a conspiracy. I'm speaking hypothetically here.)

Sorry, but this lawsuit seems not only frivolous, but has the potential to cause damage and long term negative effects on the court system.

How is the Law Suite against Al Gore any different than the case of McDonalds against those 5 people some years ago that claimed McDonald's hamburger patties were made from earth worms. McDonalds won a $300 million law suite against them, because that lie cost McDonalds $300 million.

Al Gore has showed his "Inconvenient Truth" movie around the world to most of the 6 billion people and frieghtened them into committing economic and environmental suicide, and to date this lie of Al Gore's has cost the world $30 trillion in a globally destroyed economy and countless millions of jobs world wide. By the end of this century this lie will cost the world $538 trillion in a destroyed global economy, lost jobs and a polluted environment caused by poverty. This is what happens when Al Gore asks the world to live on less, you get massive global unemployment...

These freightened people have been lobbying their governments to turn and bankrupt the fossile fuel industries, and our own government to mandate cap in trade laws which will mandate 50% unemployment in America. While creating government mandated carbon offset taxes that will drive energy and fuel prices to more than 10 times what they are now.

Here is how the Al Gore's case will be lost based on the facts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDI2NVTYRXU

1) There have been times in the past when the Earth had 10 times as much CO2 as today, and the Earth wasn't warmer, it was instead 100's of degrees colder. Earth was colder than Pluto is now, and that ice age lasted 100 million years. (starting 500 million years ago)

2) Al Gore seperates the CO2 plot and Temperature plot to hide one glaring fact: Temperature always rises before CO2 does, and Temperature always falls before CO2 does.

3) Al Gore bends over backwards to hide the timelines. He even uses different time scales for CO2 and temperature, so he can hide the cause and effect time lines.

What Al Gore and his apostles have done is the most economically and environmentally destructive SCAM in history.
    Last edited by edmund129; 04-26-2009 at 10:36 AM.

" . . . and to date this lie of Al Gore's has cost the world $30 trillion and a destroyed economy and countless millions of jobs world wide." - edmund129
    Where's your proof?

Just look at what happend in California, for many years the price of energy and fuel went through the roof and their economy was crushed starting back in the late 1990's.

Nationally and globaly the price of energy and fuel went through the roof right after Al Gore's propaganda piece took a world tour. Europeans, Americans, Aulstralians, Indians, etc., ... all lobbied their governments to destroy the fossile fuel industries, (oil and coal) and they did. With huge carbon offset taxes, windfall profits taxes and government confiscation of 95% of the worlds coal and oil reserves.

The only reason prices came down recently is because these high pices broke the back of the global economy, and that is why we are seeing global economic collaps and millions loosing their jobs each and every month.

As more and more people live on less and travel less, more and more loose their jobs.

Even with this going own, our own global warming swindled government is passing "cap-in-trade" laws that will mandate 50% unemployment to help cut down on greenhouse gases. We are headed for the greatest global depression since the 1930's.

Enron under the direction of the Clinton administration directed by Al Gores personal ego, was prodded to move away from trading in oil and trading in solar and wind power. The only problem with these sources of energy is that they are 3 to 5 times more expensive than coal and oil. That is why Enron went bankrupt after the Clinton administration went away. No more government subsidies provided for by the next administration.

The News Media reported Enron as investing in imaginative 3rd party businesses, but the real details are they invested in solar and wind power too heavily and could not compete against coal and oil products.

This same econmic stratagy is being forced on America and the world, and it will continue to destroy the global economy by driving the cost of energy and fuel to unafordable levels.