+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3

    DVC Security Inc.

    I recently got an e-mail from this company regarding my resume on career builder. The details of the job they offered my are as follows:

    I receive checks made out to my name at my address for services they have provided. I take them to my bank, cash them, I keep 10% and then send the rest of it directly to their bank and if there are any fees to send it I take it out of the remaining 90% not my 10% cut.

    The only stipulations on working for them is that you have to be 21 and have an open account and be able to take the checks to the bank everyday you get a check.

    The reason they give for needing this service is that they are overseas and having checks or money orders mailed directly to them takes weeks and isn't very profitable to the company.

    What makes me edgy about this? I've looked for their website, I've looked on "this is a scam!" sites and I can't find this company anywhere. The first time I emailed them their address was dvcsecurity@gmail.com and the second response was from dvcsecinc@yahoo.com. All I have of them is a fax number and what I think is an address:

    Fax: +34-93-380-76-92
    Address: Passeig Joan de Borbo
    08003 Barcelona

    I'm pretty sure this is a scam and what they want you to do might even be illegal, I have no clue and I was hoping you all could help me solidify it one way or the other.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2

    Re: DVC Security Inc.

    I have the same question, have you gotten a response ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2

    Re: DVC Security Inc.

    :rryumy:
    Quote Originally Posted by kdavissr View Post
    I have the same question, have you gotten a response ?
    like you we all want to be careful

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3

    Re: DVC Security Inc.

    I replied saying that I hadn't been able to find any information on the company and requested a web-address so that I knew a little about the company before signing into contract with them. If you read the contract it's a little odd too, it pretty much states that the company will take the blame if anything goes wrong on the user end but also states that searching for or talking to other employees at your level is illegal. I haven't received a response but common sense tells me I don't want to be running someone's drug money.

Similar Threads

  1. Fake Job - Security officer - EASY Security Limited
    By teewoods in forum Corporate Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2015, 09:47 AM
  2. Homeland what security?
    By danrush1966 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 04:08 AM
  3. Social Security
    By TJefferson in forum Government Scams
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 06:24 AM
  4. Security Fools
    By Americanadian in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 11:17 PM
  5. Freedom and Security Can't Go Together
    By aegist in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 06:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •