+ Reply to Thread

Teen Suffers from "Climate Change Delusion"

Psychiatrists have detected the first case of “climate change delusion” — a 17-year-old driven to apocalyptic visions by global warming fears.
    Writing in the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, Joshua Wolf and Robert Salo of the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne, Australia, said this delusion was a “previously unreported phenomenon.”
    They noted: “A 17-year-old man was referred to the inpatient psychiatric unit at Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne with an eight-month history of depressed mood . . . He also had visions of apocalyptic events.
    “The patient had also developed the belief that, due to climate change, his own water consumption could lead within days to the deaths of millions of people through exhaustion of water supplies.”
    Andrew Bolt writes in Australia’s Herald Sun, “Never mind the poor boy, who became too terrified even to drink. What’s scarier is that people in charge of our government seem to suffer from this ‘climate change delusion’ too.”

Re: Teen Suffers from "Climate Change Delusion"

Seems to me, this 17-year-old guy is idiot...

Please don't shoot the piano player, he's doing the best he can.

Author’s emoticons KOLOBOK-Style

Quote Originally Posted by BiR View Post
    What 17 year old isn't. Now be careful, remember you were 17 once to ya know.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Hi Bir! - yes, you are correct! IDIOT, at least. Beyond that, there are individuals out there in the world - not just 17 year old's that are just looking for a issue, circumstance to be obsesse over and then act compulsively in response.
    By the way, a 17 year old is not a "Man", technically. Yeah I know, they have all of the equipment that a man has but their brain wiring is NOT considered complete, especially by the Judical systems in most every country, that still tries and punishes them, under the law, as a Juvenille = child.
    YEah, I kinow, many of them still want to be considered a child when what they have wrongfully done proves to be punishable under the law, because they will get off "lighter" - not as severe a punishement. Otherwise, they want to have all the priveleges of a Man. But in order to be a Man one has to act like a man.
    Sometime back in the U.S. the laws were changed to allow for 18 year olds to legally drink Alcoholic BEverages. SO much trouble erupted that they resinded this law and changed it back to twenty-one.
    Vasudeva

Yeah - I don't know why the article referred to him as a 17-year-old "man." Maybe, whoever the author was (no name mentioned, of course), was confused.

Seems to me too, Bir.

Seems to me that this poor boy has a very big underlying problem that this is just a symptom of. Perhaps something like a blow to the head, maybe his mama dropped him when he was young upon his noggin. :judges:

Quote Originally Posted by Odear View Post
    Psychiatrists have detected the first case of “climate change delusion” — a 17-year-old driven to apocalyptic visions by global warming fears.
    Writing in the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, Joshua Wolf and Robert Salo of the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne, Australia, said this delusion was a “previously unreported phenomenon.”
    They noted: “A 17-year-old man was referred to the inpatient psychiatric unit at Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne with an eight-month history of depressed mood . . . He also had visions of apocalyptic events.
    “The patient had also developed the belief that, due to climate change, his own water consumption could lead within days to the deaths of millions of people through exhaustion of water supplies.”
    Andrew Bolt writes in Australia’s Herald Sun, “Never mind the poor boy, who became too terrified even to drink. What’s scarier is that people in charge of our government seem to suffer from this ‘climate change delusion’ too.”
    This is serious. Thanks for your info. We have to look after our children since they are young..

Sounds like he has some serious psychological issues, and just happened to latch on to global warming as a focus for his paranoia.

And for the record, I wouldn't listen to anything Andrew Bolt says. He's our equivalent of what I imagine the commentators on Fox news are like (from what I've read on this forum, never seen fox).

Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Sounds like he has some serious psychological issues, and just happened to latch on to global warming as a focus for his paranoia.

And for the record, I wouldn't listen to anything Andrew Bolt says. He's our equivalent of what I imagine the commentators on Fox news are like (from what I've read on this forum, never seen fox).
    It's not just fox, all of them are the same. I'd trust the crap rags one finds by at the grocery check out as much as I do any of the networks news.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    It's not just fox, all of them are the same. I'd trust the crap rags one finds by at the grocery check out as much as I do any of the networks news.
    Doesn't it seem to be that a lot of folks are getting to be that way. What do theyu call it Propaganda?????? Believe what we say and do as your told. You know crap like that. Like we are not supposed to be able to think for ourselves anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Doesn't it seem to be that a lot of folks are getting to be that way. What do theyu call it Propaganda?????? Believe what we say and do as your told. You know crap like that. Like we are not supposed to be able to think for ourselves anymore.
    Well, given what I've seen of people in general.... It works, so why not. Sadly, most are gullable enough to fall for it. Either left is right, or right is right, common sense fails to shine through anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    Well, given what I've seen of people in general.... It works, so why not. Sadly, most are gullable enough to fall for it. Either left is right, or right is right, common sense fails to shine through anywhere.
    Well if a lot of thoe " people " would get their head out of a certain place :shakin:so they could see the sunshine, maybe they could also see some common sense. Notice I said maybe.
    Last edited by Old Timer; 07-15-2008 at 11:15 AM.

I agree with all said here. Our children are learning how to get attention through absurdity. Any attention, good, bad (mostly) or in-between seems to work. freakB:

Another example of how western children have their heads well and truly stuffed between their ass cheeks....

I'm not going to be around for the "effects" of "global warming" or "climate change", so, my personal care factor for the entire issue is ZERO.

I would like to express the following sentiments...

Kill all the whales...Japanese people love the meat.
    Pour as much carbon into the climate as possible.
    Use up all the oil.
    Make Al Gore PERSONALLY responsible for the political and social fallout from his "info-mercial".
    Purchase the largest gas guzzling car money can buy.
    Religons and Religoons are the chief cause of social disharmony in our society..

Now a quick quote...

"SIBLINGS....let us not be DOWNHEARTED!
    One TOTAL CATSTROPHE is just the beginning!"

why doesn't someone invent the "science of common sense"!?of course,the term alone is highly vague!?it presupposes that common sense=the right sense!?and of course,then we have what "sense" is all about!?i wouldn't think it means the use of the ordinary "sense" organs ALONE!?i think it also refers to perceptions generated by the sense organs!?and of course then we have to define "organic",and what relationship "music" plays in the whole shebang!?temper=tone=quality of perception!?music is the "tuning" of organic function!?man is just an automaton controlled by pitched vibrations sensed by the ears,and other organs of the body in coordinate fashion!?words themselves are NOTHING but expressions of tone!?all life is "organized" thru tones!?which is expressed in the common phrase.....good,good,good,.....good vibrations!?of course,the other point to make here is what might be called....."obsessing"!?being attracted/drawn/coerced/ to a narrow mental focus on an object/objective!?we just need to marry obsession to right sense/good vibration and we're half way home!?now i use home in this sense,that when a person comes home,they feel it's a haven!?or where ever there haven is,it's what they'd like to CALL home!?and then of course,we could ask what the difference/relationship is between a physical haven and a psychological haven!?for instance,i enjoy riding my car in fair weather with the top down,until i remember that in iraq at the same moment,someone is dying a lonely death!?that the pound is gassing helpless cats and dogs as i ride!?and of course least i forget,some child somewhere is having a darkening of the heart,never to see the sunlight again!?i havn't actually been there when it happens!?but i've encountered the results!?as does the whole world!? :2gunsfiring_v1: : :1crysad: hehe!!.....just askn....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you