+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The brown recluse spider. (Graphic)

WARNING the link that I am about to post is very, very graphic. If this is too graphic, than I would ask the Mods to remove this link. I saw this, and I am wondering is this real? Can a brown recluse spider really do this. Have any of you been bitten by one these things? Can a doctor comment on this? How about someone who specializes on brown recluse spiders. This is graphic. Here is the link.

http://www.thepowerhour.com/news3/br...use_spider.htm

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Re: The brown recluse spider. (Graphic)

Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    WARNING the link that I am about to post is very, very graphic. If this is too graphic, than I would ask the Mods to remove this link. I saw this, and I am wondering is this real? Can a brown recluse spider really do this. Have any of you been bitten by one these things? Can a doctor comment on this? How about someone who specializes on brown recluse spiders. This is graphic. Here is the link.

www.thepowerhour.com/news3/brown_recluse_spider.htm

That is rare. Most people seek treatment after a bite and I know several people who have been bitten by brown recluse spiders and didn't go to a doctor and their bites never looked like that. Just red and irritated for a few months.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/brownrecluse.asp

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask View Post
    That is rare. Most people seek treatment after a bite and I know several people who have been bitten by brown recluse spiders and didn't go to a doctor and their bites never looked like that. Just red and irritated for a few months.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/brownrecluse.asp

Lady Mod
    Ok thanks for that. I had a feeling something was not right there. So more than likely, not the direct cause of the spider.

uh.......how cum it only shows up till day 10!?did it get better after that!?i wanted to see his hand fall off or sumthin!?did he chicken out finally and get treated!? :spin2: :freak3: : hehe!!......just askn.....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

You believe all the pics? This is a scam site remember...

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    uh.......how cum it only shows up till day 10!?did it get better after that!?i wanted to see his hand fall off or sumthin!?did he chicken out finally and get treated!? :spin2: :freak3: : hehe!!......just askn.....

Quote Originally Posted by AXJ View Post
    You believe all the pics? This is a scam site remember...
    hhhmmmmm.......now that you mention it,those last 2 pics did seem somehow overblown!?unreal!? : :spin2: : hehe!!.....just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

After reading your posts, I'm glad I chose not to look at the link.

(Yes, I admit it. I'm a chicken. :chicken: )

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

I received this as an email a while ago. Yes it is real, but it is extremely rare.

It is a direct result of the spider bite. It's called necrosis. The venom can cause necrosis, but only in people with special circumstances. I did a lot of research on it at the time. I didn't write any report on it though LOL.

Just leave em alone and you'll be fine for the most part. Funnel web spiders are far more deadly.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    I received this as an email a while ago. Yes it is real, but it is extremely rare.

It is a direct result of the spider bite. It's called necrosis. The venom can cause necrosis, but only in people with special circumstances. I did a lot of research on it at the time. I didn't write any report on it though LOL.

Just leave em alone and you'll be fine for the most part. Funnel web spiders are far more deadly.
    good advise

That is interesting info. I really don't like spiders. Never heard of of a Funnel web spider, and it would seem a very good spider to never know.

Yeah I used to be scared half to death of spiders. You should start doign web searches for local species. It is really quite informative. I discovered there are about 4 poisonous species around my area, the rest are harmless.

After seeing them on my screen I could actually reach out and touch the screen after a while. I know it sounds silly, but it was very hard to do even though they were just pictures on the screen.

Eventually I got rather desensitized to them. I can even pick up some and toss them outside. They are rather nice little creatures for the most part. They kill all kinds of other bug including mosquitoes. I think I hate those little buggers even more now.

Yeah I used to be scared half to death of spiders. You should start doign web searches for local species. It is really quite informative. I discovered there are about 4 poisonous species around my area, the rest are harmless.

After seeing them on my screen I could actually reach out and touch the screen after a while. I know it sounds silly, but it was very hard to do even though they were just pictures on the screen.

Eventually I got rather desensitized to them. I can even pick up some and toss them outside. They are rather nice little creatures for the most part. They kill all kinds of other bug including mosquitoes. I think I hate those little buggers even more now.
    Everybody thinks I'm nuts cause I freak at the sight of a snake, but spiders have never bothered me. But I'm that way because I know most of the poisonus spiders around here, at most will make you sick, unless your body chemistry happens to be one that make you allergic, and you have plenty of time to seek medical attention. A snake, Cotton Mouths and copperheads are common here, and a cotton mouth aka water moccosin's bite, will kill render you helpless and kill you in fairly short order. Not to mention the cotton mouth will chase you.

Yeah. The only spider out here that you really have to take special note of is the black widow, but they are really rare. They don't hang out where people are for the most part, and woudl rather not bite you.

Where I am we have absolutely not poisonous snakes. There's just a few breeds of garder snakes, and they are totally harmless.

Funnel Spider - when I first saw that, I read it as Funeral Spider. Yes, seriously.

I think spiders are extremely interesting creatures.

My son recently had a spider living in a corner of the window on front his door. A wasp flew into the spider's web, grabbed the spider and flew off with it, then a little later, came back, still with the spider in it's clutches, put it back in the web and flew off.

Maybe the spider is a stud and had a little bit of a inter-species love affair going on. :)

Maybe the spider is a stud and had a little bit of a inter-species love affair going on. :)
    Think we have strange ones? Check these out
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG