+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hear Now

The Hear Now

I'm wondering if anyone here made an investment with any individual claiming to invest your money in The Hear Now. This company is based in Calgary. Two years ago my partner fell into a textbook case of investment fraud. We almost split because he was so angry with me for not getting a second mortgage to invest in GPS dog collars with audio capability. Long story short....I was right and he is out $8000. MANY people are out a large sum of cash because the man "recruiting" was "so intelligent" and very much "religious". It is my opinion is used that trust and abused it.

Anyway... my gut instinct tells me there are other victims out there and I'm curious if anyone here knows anything.

The Canadian authorities here were made aware of this two years ago so this is no secret.

Re: The Hear Now

Quote Originally Posted by karenzd1 View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone here made an investment with any individual claiming to invest your money in The Hear Now. This company is based in Calgary. Two years ago my partner fell into a textbook case of investment fraud. We almost split because he was so angry with me for not getting a second mortgage to invest in GPS dog collars with audio capability. Long story short....I was right and he is out $8000. MANY people are out a large sum of cash because the man "recruiting" was "so intelligent" and very much "religious". It is my opinion is used that trust and abused it.

Anyway... my gut instinct tells me there are other victims out there and I'm curious if anyone here knows anything.

The Canadian authorities here were made aware of this two years ago so this is no secret.
    I think these Hear Now guys are a bunch of crooks, but that is just my opinion based on observations on how they run that company. It seems to me that any work done towards developing and marketing an actual product is only initiated in order to scam some more people out of their investment dollars. I think these people need to be investigated and exposed as the scam artists that they are.

Yu da man, brudda. Lookin' frwrd to da August shareholders meeting. 500 sales. $50 a pop. Cash flow seem to be a problem. Not da only one, mindya. Dere's dat and da $13 million question. Where's da money? Follow da money, I always say. Dat's what the Securities folks always say, too. No matter how crooked de road.

There is an investors meeting in Toronto as I write this...GB and his sons are speaking to about 50 people here who have lost a phenominal amount of cash.

The investment monies that this "trusted" person took from everyone to give to The Hear Now to produce several products (only one really exists I believe) never really made it there....no kidding. There was a television reality show "supposedly" made ... apparently a "video" exists that took over 4 million to produce??? Yea right.....

Anyway, this whole process to date has taken up 2 years.... and everytime the investors got hungry for information, they were fed junk food to appease their appetites.

It totally sickens me that many people who had faith and trust were violated.

I found the following post at www.ripoffreport.com after searching for 'Simon Wilby'. Seems to support what you're saying. There's a number of other posts to check out, too.

The Hear Now Inc.

I hear this individual has started a new company called theHearNow Inc selling GPS pet products. I am actually a former [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]investor[/color][/color] in this company and got out (or was bought out) when they found out that I was investigating it.

I got involved through a former friend named Gerard Besaw who I suspect may be a con artist too. He later handed the dealings to his son, Jarred Besaw. I know them from another company I got in and got out of (Brokerage Cleaning Consortium Inc.).

Here is a letter I got from Gerard persuading me to invest in theHearNow:

Dear Jim,

I met with Michael on Friday, October 6, for the update on what we can expect
    over the next nine weeks.

He has stated that Fox Network in the United States who is known as Max Media
    (www.media.com) will be arriving in Calgary within the next two weeks to do a
    documentary on the Hear Now Inc. This documentary will be promoted on the Fox
    affiliated Networks in the United States.

He also mentioned that the Hear Now has verbal appoval from the FCC, that is ,
    The Federal Communications Counsel, and that they were waiting on the new mold
    for the water seal for final stamp of approval from the FCC.

Once the final stamp of approval is in place........

France will transfer $250,000.00 US dollars into the Hear Now bank account by
    the end of October and will be taking 100,000 units(10 million US dollars).

Italy will be depositing $250,000.00 US dollars by the 15th of November for the
    territory of Italy and will be taking 100,000 units(10 million US dollars).

Australia and South East Asia will be depositing 2 million dollars for those
    territories somewhere around the middle of November and taking 100,000 units
    (10 million US dollars).

The Middle East and Africa will be paying depositing 10 million dollars for that
    territory by the end of November but the number of units will not be determined
    until November 20th when Michael and the team arrives in the Middle East for
    their meeting with the Royal Family.

Further, the Shareholders Agreement that was signed with the Hear Now Inc. in
    paragraph 7.1 states that the minimum of 50% of the net revenue of each month
    is to be paid out on the 15th of the following month. Michael, who is the Vice
    President and Treasurer of the Hear Now Inc., says that it is his intention to
    have everyone's [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]investment[/color][/color] returned no later than the 15th of December. He also
    mentioned that these orders above will repeat itself every month according to
    their contract agreement. In short, our financial club could receive 3-6
    million dollars by mid December to be dispursed out.

Michael has also stated that negotiations are now concluded with Germany and
    Austria. In fact, they are in the process of negotiating the distribution
    rights with the Cheks, UK, Switzerland, Russia and the United States. Our club
    holds 2 million shares out of the total of 15 million and the club has the
    exclusive right to any shares that may come available known as the right of
    first refusal. Presently we have 170,000 set aside for the risk management
    program for anyone who wishes to do something still. I strongly recommend that
    you do.

Regards,

Gerard Besaw

There is so much B.S. in this email it isn't even funny. I don't know if Michael is Simon, but there maybe some connection between the two. Either way stay away from theHearNow, Brokerage Cleaning Consortium Inc, and Gerard and Jarred Besaw.
    They are all bad news.

Found this post on another site when I was searching for info about scam artist Simon Wilby, 'inventor' of The Hear Now & President/CEO. Google that name and 'rip off' and lots comes up. Seems to support what you're saying:

The Hear Now

I hear this individual has started a new company called The Hear Now Inc. selling GPS pet products. I am actually a former investor in this company and got out (or was bought out) when they found out I was investigating it.

I got involved through a former friend named Gerard Besaw who I suspect may be a con artist too. He later handed the dealings over to his son, Jarred Besaw. I know them from another company I got in and got out of (Brokerage Cleaning Consortium Inc.).

Here is a letter I got from Gerard persuading me to invest in The Hear Now:

Dear Jim,

I met with Michael on Friday, October 6, for the update on what we can expect over the next nine weeks.

He has stated that Fox Network in the United States who is known as Max Media (www.media.com) will be arriving in Calgary within the next two weeks to do a documentary on The Hear Now Inc. This documentary will be promoted on the Fox affiliated Networks in the United States.

He also mentioned that the Hear Now has verbal approval from the FCC, that is, the Federal Communications Counsel, and that they were waiting on the new mold for the water seal for the final stamp of approval from the FCC.

Once the final stamp of approval is in place..........

France will transfer $250,000.00 US dollars in the Hear Now bank account by the end of October and will be taking 100,000 units (10 million US dollars).

Italy will be depositing $250,000.00 US dollars by the 15th of November for the territory of Italy and will be taking 100,000 units (10 million US dollars).

Australia and South East Asia will be depositing 2 million dollars for that territory by the end of November but the number of units will not be determined until November 20th when Michael and the team arrives in the Middle East for their meeting with the Royal Family.

Further, the Shareholders Agreement that was signed with the Hear Now Inc. in paragraph 7.1 states that the minimum of 50% of the net revenue of each month is to be paid out on the 15th of the following month. Michael, who is the Vice President and Treasurer of the Hear Now Inc., says that it is his intention to have everyone's returned no later that the 15th of December. He also mentioned that these orders above will repeat itself every month according to their contract agreement. In short, our financial club could receive 3-6 million dollars by mid December to be dispersed out.

Michael has also stated that negotiations are now concluded with Germany and Austria. In fact, they are in the process of negotiating the distribution rights with the Cheks, UK Switzerland, Russia and the United States. Our club holds 2 million shares out of the total of 15 million and the club has the exclusive right to any shares that may come available known as the right of first refusal. Presently, we have 170,000 set aside for the risk management program for anyone who wishes to do something still. I strongly recommend that you do.

Regards,

Gerard Besaw

There is so much B.S. in this email it isn't even funny. I don't know if Michael is Simon, but there maybe some connection between the two. Either way stay away from the Hear Now, Brokerage Cleaning Consortium Inc, and Gerard and Jarred Besaw.
    They are all bad news.
    Last edited by thn1; 07-29-2008 at 09:40 PM. Reason: typo

Thank-you for that post.....I knew that paperwork existed and unfortunately a whole wack load of people fell for that "dung" hook line and sinker. I also recently found "Ripoffreport" in Alberta and a woman there posted how she was scammed by the same guy who drained the financial life out of a lot of people in Ontario ... only because he is a good "Catholic" man. Yet again this faith takes a beating cause there's always a rotten apple in the basket! Thank-you again and any other info out there I'd love to gather......too many people are out a lot of cash...my partner included. It burns me to know this scam artist is walking scot-free because because there is a particular group of people (with a common thread) who are "under his influence". Interesting how if you are an "outsider" you are not privy to information...that's because this would not have gone on as long as it has!

I would love to know how this plays out. Please keep posting.

Maybe there is some justice in the world...

ASC Staff Allege Illegal Sales of The Hear Now Incorporated Securities

CALGARY, Oct. 29 /CNW/ - The Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) has issued a Notice of Hearing alleging that Calgary-based The Hear Now Incorporated,
    Simon Wilby,
    Gerard Besaw and
    Michael Sirman engaged in illegal sales of The Hear Now Incorporated securities to Alberta residents.

ASC staff allege that from 2006 to 2008, The Hear Now Incorporated, Wilby, Besaw and Sirman illegally raised over $7 million dollars from Alberta investors by inducing investors to indirectly invest in the specialty pet product company through investment clubs, which were not compliant with Alberta securities laws. ASC staff also allege that the parties noted above made misrepresentations and prohibited representations to Alberta investors by stating investors could expect to receive a 119 per cent return on their investment by the end of 2008.
    An appearance to set a date for hearing in Calgary will held on December 10, 2009, at 8:30 a.m. in the ASC Hearing Room, 6th Floor, 300 - 5th Street 5th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta.
    A sopy of the Notice of Hearing is availible on the ASC website at www.albertasecurities.com .

The ASC is the regulatory agency responsible for administering the province's securities laws. It is entrusted to foster a fair and efficient capital market in Alberta and to protect investors. As a member of the Canadian Securities Administrators, the ASC works to improve, coordinate and harmonize the regulation of Canada's capital markets.
    For further information: For Media Inquiries: Mark Dickey, Senior Communications Advisor, (403) 297-4481; For Investor Inquiries: ASC Public Inquiries, Toll Free 1-877-355-4488,

My hubby and I are victims of this one too. We believed a "friend" and now we're out thousands. Is there someone we can talk to? Does anyone know what happened at the hearing on the 10th?

http://www.albertasecurities.com/Enf...36508%20v4.pdf

This is the link to the hearings that are taking place this month. I emailed ASC today asking if they are at liberty to share the proceedings as there are people in Ontario who need answers.

Hi there,

I have contacted the Ontario Securities Commission and they have not received any formal complaints in this province. They have asked if I would be willing to go in and see them, as well as provide any documentation I have. The Alberta Commission states that they cannot assist Ontario residents. Would anyone be willing to file a complaint if I go ahead? They would do a formal investigation and then decide whether to proceed. I believe that the current hearings in Alberta would probably help.

They would need to know how many people were defrauded/lost money and how much. Anyone have any idea how many people are here in Ontario?

Thank you.

One last thing. You can sign up for alerts somewhere on the Alberta Securities Commission website and they will post the updates on the hearings when they have their decision. Should be sometime after the last day of the hearings. They will post on their site as well, any information that they can give out.

Some small justice here:
    http://cto-iov.csa-acvm.ca/ArticleFi...781B4874E13C86

Small I think being the operative word... I am actually quite disappointed if that is all that is going to come of this. Steal $5 Million and pay a $100,000 fine? Doesn't seem right at all.

Another update concerning the ASC ruling on Hear Now Company itself.
    http://www.albertasecurities.com/Enf...%203434901.pdf