+ Reply to Thread

Looking for Work-at-Home help, please.

Hello, my name is Shawn, and i'm relatively new to the idea of making money as I sit at my computer desk, without being the victim of a scam. I'm very intrigued by the idea, and could use some help finding a safe, easy, but most importantly, FREE, way to make some extra money.

A summary on my current situation, if you are interested:

I'm fifteen years old, and have no job. Never have had a job, and I'm starting my sophomore year in high school in late August. I'm looking to buy a new computer, without mom and dad's help, which is difficult, considering the earlier mentioned fact that I'm unemployed. I'm not looking for a ton of money, a get rich quick scheme, or anything like that. Also, I don't want to start my own business, or have an internet-based career. What I'm looking for, is a source of income that allows me to make monthly payments on a computer.

I'm not asking much, $35-$40 a month. Or, maybe I'm completely wrong and that is an absurd amount to hope for. As I said, I'm relatively new to this idea. I apologize in advance if this thread breaks the rules in any way, and will gladly remove it.

If anybody can help me, or give me advice, please, leave a response, or PM me, whichever you prefer.

Thanks in advance,
    Shawn C.

Re: Looking for Work-at-Home help, please.

The best thing you can do is look around and read through past threads. The only thing THIS thread will do is attract the scammers and schemers to post their so called great opportunities. Remember this is SCAM dot com so we discuss scams.

Since you don't want a job, look into freelance writing. There are also a few survey sites for teens: kidseyes, wrinsiders, look look, (look look also hires teens sometimes to be fashion spotters, or something like that)

Okay, thanks a ton for the help. I totally brain-farted, pardon my language, and didn't think about the schemers on this site. But thanks again for the help, and if you think of anything else, please, don't hesitate to tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner View Post
    Since you don't want a job,

Just caught that, and I appologize for double-posting. I thought I should mention, however, that getting an online job, as long as it's not too time consuming, (not more than regular work hours), would be a miracle, as I have no ride to get to a job in the first place.

Do you know of any places that have/provide/link to "online jobs?"
    Last edited by katiescorner; 07-10-2008 at 07:49 AM.

My site does. The chances that you will get an online job being 15 are pretty much slim to none though. You would be better off with writing and signing up with the survey companies that use teens. You could also start a blog or a website but it would take time to see money coming from that. I've seen a couple of teens have success with it though.

I'm afraid I have no idea on how to start a website, or how that would make me money :S

But again, that's not this website, is it. :) I'll sift around and see what I can find. Thanks again for all the help.

And can I ask what you mean by writing and freelance writing? Like, regular english? xDD Or is it some kind of computer script writing?

in the summer time you can make money doing yard work, cutting grass mostly, for others. babysitting is good job. there is no need to be making payments on a computer. look on craigslist and find powerful machines for $100 or $200. crt monitors are almost free everywhere.

You make a good point mumbles, but I really wanted to get the new iMac.

Check out snagajob , there are many part time jobs listed there