+ Reply to Thread

Craig's List (Attempted Scam)

Here is what happened when I posted an item for sale on Craig's List.I received the following email from someone calling himself "Sullivan Fairfax". The email he used was [email protected]

Hello, How are you doing today? Thanks for the quick response. I will like you to know that am highly interested in buying this item for my parent. Am okay with the price and present condition of the item. My payment for this item will through a reputable bank certified check from a trust worthy client of mine. As for the shippment of the item that will be done after the payment has been cleared by your bank by a private shipping company. So I will like to have the following
    1)The full name to be on the check
    2)The street,city and state address
    3)your zipcode
    4)your contact number
    My client will issue out the payment to you via the UPS courier,i will need this info from you asap inorder for the payment to be issued asap. Till I read for the details..have a blissful day.

He agreed on my price but in the next email he sent he claimed that the bank check was accidently made out for about 4 times the amount I was asking for.He then asked if I would cash the bank check and send him the overage.If I had done that, I'm sure the check was a fake and I would have lost the money from my account.

Re: Craig's List (Attempted Scam)

Quote Originally Posted by lavie22348 View Post
    Here is what happened when I posted an item for sale on Craig's List.I received the following email from someone calling himself "Sullivan Fairfax". The email he used was [email protected]

Hello, How are you doing today? Thanks for the quick response. I will like you to know that am highly interested in buying this item for my parent. Am okay with the price and present condition of the item. My payment for this item will through a reputable bank certified check from a trust worthy client of mine. As for the shippment of the item that will be done after the payment has been cleared by your bank by a private shipping company. So I will like to have the following
    1)The full name to be on the check
    2)The street,city and state address
    3)your zipcode
    4)your contact number
    My client will issue out the payment to you via the UPS courier,i will need this info from you asap inorder for the payment to be issued asap. Till I read for the details..have a blissful day.

He agreed on my price but in the next email he sent he claimed that the bank check was accidently made out for about 4 times the amount I was asking for.He then asked if I would cash the bank check and send him the overage.If I had done that, I'm sure the check was a fake and I would have lost the money from my account.
    You'll hear about this kind of scam on a constant basis. DON'T FALL FOR IT..

regards