+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Cuba Crisis, wasn't there a Plan?

Hi Again.

Hope this is the start of a nice time spent in this forum, anway can someone confirm, that at the height of the Cuba Crisis a plan was put in front of the then President that they should, with the aid of a skeleton crew move a Aircraft carrier that was on it's last tour of duty into a certain area! place bodies on it, evacuate the carrier and blow it to bits, use the film of the wreckage and dead 'American Sailors' as a reason whip up support to invade Cuba I am positive this was suggested at one time, I also think the info on this came out in one of those end of the year release of information documents, like for instance this year there was a plan that if Hitler had been captured Winston Churchill wanted to send him to the electic chair.

Re: Cuba Crisis, wasn't there a Plan?

Hi All.

I found this on the net, and guess what those nasty Americans had as a plan?

"In March 1962, the head of Operation Mongoose, Brig. Gen. Edward G. Lansdale, the Kennedys' personal choice for the job, asked the Joint Chiefs of Staff for their views on top-secret plans to concoct a pretext for a military invasion of Cuba.

Those plans involved staging phony attacks against Americans and anti-Castro Cubans. They included what the documents call "a 'Remember the Maine' incident." That slogan was shouted when the United States went to war against Spain in 1898, blaming Spain for sinking an American warship in Havana.

"We could blow up a US warship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba," the memorandum said.

"We could develop a communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington," it continued. "The terror campaign could be pointed at Cuban refugees seeking haven in the United States. We could sink a boatload of Cubans enroute to Florida (real or simulated)."

The records show that on March 13, 1962, the Joint Chiefs of Staff endorsed these ideas as "suitable for planning purposes." No evidence exists that they were carried out." wow blow something up and blame another country why they wouldn't dream of doing something like that these days.............................................. ......OH WAIT!

The Space Race it was all just money right?

Hi Again.

Number Six Here :cool:

Does anyone else share my view that during the NON Profit making Global WAR years America found a new way of making money buy investing in the Space Race.....

Am I crazy in my view that Apollo 13...........Housten we have a Problem was carefully staged to Push the whole interest in the Space Race back into the limelight as up to then they stopped showing live blast offs no one was interested.

The more recently the find of 'Alien Life' in a meteorite at the North Pole had Bill Clinton anouncing even more funding for the Space Race...

The idea is that America is spending big bucks on contracts with companies who are overcharging for stuff being done....

Someone is making a killing in peace time.

Re: The Space Race it was all just money right?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Hi Again.

Number Six Here :cool:

Does anyone else share my view that during the NON Profit making Global WAR years America found a new way of making money buy investing in the Space Race.....
    What years are you talking about? the 50's, 60's??

Am I crazy in my view that Apollo 13...........Housten we have a Problem was carefully staged to Push the whole interest in the Space Race back into the limelight as up to then they stopped showing live blast offs no one was interested.
    You might want to bounce that question off Mr. Lovell or Mr. Krantz... though I doubt they'd dignify it with an answer.

The more recently the find of 'Alien Life' in a meteorite at the North Pole had Bill Clinton anouncing even more funding for the Space Race...
    I think you mean the possible fossilized microbe from a meteorite found in Antarctica... as yet, to the best of my knowledge, is still unconfirmed.

The idea is that America is spending big bucks on contracts with companies who are overcharging for stuff being done....
    Spending big $$... sure, but what is a 'proper' price to charge to have a satellite built? What are the costs involved in the design and build?
    As I recall, the "Space Race" to be the first to put a man on the Moon was motivated by national pride and a belief in space as the next battlefield... therefore the need to "be first"... to demonstrate superiority.
    Last edited by PaulM; 05-20-2006 at 06:22 AM.

Hi PaulM.

Okay bad choice or words The Space Race, I meant the whole Space thing, is it just a way of peacefully earning money for those who were making loads from Vietnam when it went belly up....Obviously during the years when the US wasn't involved in a Global War.

"You might want to bounce that question off Mr. Lovell or Mr. Krantz... though I doubt they'd dignify it with an answer." so you think they were in fact in Danger during that whole time..................okay. In a forum that deals with discussions on 'Does The Government Lie to us?'

"I think you mean the possible fossilized microbe from a meteorite found in Antarctica... as yet, to the best of my knowledge, is still unconfirmed." Yet Bill announced Mega Bucks to be invested in the search....sure some people somewhere were rubbing their hands at this news.....isn't that a huge step to take on something that might not be a microbe, you said it yourself.

The Question was...............does anyone else think that the whole Space Program is Americas way of lining pockets during breaks in Global Wars...as for the 60s I think the Russians were putting a lot of Pressure on them to plough vast sums of cash into the projects.

Aids in Africa is Organised Religion Making it worse?

Hi all.

Having a bit of a debate on the Catholic Cult and the spread of Aids in Africa and it seems so called Organised Religions do more harm than good.

Some News Snippits.

Pros & ConsVoices on the Church’s Condoms Policy
    Pro-Church Policy

“The truth is not in condoms or clean needles. These are lies, lies perpetrated often for political reasons on the part of public officials…by some health care professionals who believe they have nothing else to offer persons with AIDS…lies told by often well-meaning counselors.”

Cardinal John O’Connor, accusing health care professionals of dishonesty in promoting condoms [“Pope Condemns Bias Against Victims of AIDS,” Washington Post, November 16, 1989].

“Every condom sold sends the buyer to acquire the AIDS virus.”

Fr. Gerald Magera Iga, in a campaign urging condom sellers in Uganda to burn up their stocks [Comtex newswire, January 25, 1999].

“Parents must reject the promotion of so-called ‘safe sex’ or ‘safer sex,’ a dangerous and immoral policy based on the deluded theory that the condom can provide adequate protection against AIDS.”

Cardinal Alfonso Lopez Trujillo and Bishop Elio Sgreccia of the Pontifical Council for the Family [“The Truth and Meaning of Human Sexuality,” Origins, February 1, 1996].

“Using a condom to protect oneself against HIV amounts to playing Russian roulette.”

Fr. Jacques Suaudeau, of the Vatican Council for the Family, in the Catholic journal Medicina e Morale [Our Sunday Visitor, Nov. 2, 1997].

“Use of this product is harmful to health.”

Condom warning label suggested by Mexico City Archbishop Norberto Rivera Carrera [La Jornada (Mexico), August 29, 1997].

“[W]idespread and indiscriminate promotion of condoms [is] an immoral and misguided weapon in our battle against HIV-AIDS. …[C]ondoms may even be one of the main reasons for the spread of HIV-AIDS.”

From the text of a statement issued by the bishops of South Africa following their semiannual meeting, where they considered a change in their official condoms policy in response to the HIV/AIDS pandemic [Karen DeYoung, “AIDS challenges religious leaders,” Washington Post, August 13, 2001].

Con-Church Policy

“When priests preach against using contraception, they are committing a serious mistake which is costing human lives. We do not ask the church to promote contraception, but merely to stop banning its use.”

UNAIDS Director Peter Piot, shortly after the recent United Nations’ AIDS meeting [“Church’s stand against contraception costs lives,” Agence France Presse, June 29, 2001].

“Death control is the issue, not birth control. The African bishops should speak this truth not to save the soul of Catholicism, nor to redeem a generation of lost Catholics—although they would—but simply to save the lives of the people with whom they have been entrusted by God.”

Novelist and former Catholic priest James Carroll [“Dismantling the Church’s Structure of Death,” Boston Globe, July 24, 2001].

“I challenge the Vatican to redefine its attitude to condoms. The current Roman Catholic theology is one that favors death rather than life.”

Gunnar Staalseth, a member of the Nobel Peace Prize committee and a bishop in Norway’s Lutheran church, following a meeting with Kofi Annan, Secretary General of the United Nations [“Nobel committee member criticizes pope over AIDS,” Reuters, August 21, 2001].

“The Catholic church ... opposes contraception but most Catholics in the world use it, so the Catholic church is stuck and wrong on these questions. But lots and lots of Catholics ignore the Catholic church’s teaching, including lots of good priests and nuns who are in favor of condoms being made available.”

Claire Short, the UK’s minister for international development, speaking about the church being a “burden” in the effort against AIDS in Africa [Sue McGregor, “HIV/AIDS-Claire Short interview,” BBC News, July 17, 2000].

“The current Roman Catholic theology is one that favors death rather than life. [The Vatican’s] ‘better-dead-than-condomed’ position has not been blessed by any of the world’s religions or by common sense. It is flat-earth embarrassing.”

Theologian Daniel C. Maguire on the Vatican’s opposition to the use of condoms in HIV/AIDS prevention programs [“Vaticanology,” Religious Consultation Report, November 2000].

“The ‘changeless doctrine’ keeps coming back in many absurd ways. For instance, the danger of AIDS cannot be averted by using condoms…even by a married couple when one has AIDS.... The condom is more evil than death by AIDS.”

Gary Wills [Papal Sin: Structures of Deceit. New York: Doubleday, 2000].

“If a husband violates his marital vows and sleeps with other women, he must make sure that he does not transmit the virus to his wife, else he would be violating the principle of justice. This is where the principle of ‘lesser evil’ comes in.”

American Jesuit theologian Fr. James Keenan, addressing a media forum in the Philippines [“Catholic theologian endorses condom use to prevent transmission of HIV,” The Advocate, August 10, 2001].

“Many competent doctors state that a viable condom is today the sole means of prevention. In this respect, it is necessary. The condom is thus understandable for cases in which a person who already engages in sexual activity needs to avoid a serious risk, just as we insist that this is not a substitute for an adult sexual education.”

AIDS statement from the French Conference of Catholic Bishops [“French Catholic Bishops Stray from Teaching on Condoms,” Catholic World Report, February 12, 1996].

“The use of a condom can be seen not as a means to prevent the ‘transmission of life’ leading to pregnancy, but rather as a means to prevent the ‘transmission of death’ to another.”

Bishop Kevin Dowling of Rustenburg, South Africa, on the need to change the church’s policy on condoms in the fact of the AIDS epidemic [“Condoms for Catholics?” Newsweek, July 20, 2001].

You wanted some comments here are some from various sources. I await the debate..............
    Last edited by NumberSix; 05-20-2006 at 03:38 PM.

Hi PaulM.

The Question was...............does anyone else think that the whole Space Program is Americas way of lining pockets during breaks in Global Wars...as for the 60s I think the Russians were putting a lot of Pressure on them to plough vast sums of cash into the projects.

A better put question... thanks #6
    My answer... no. Too much knowledge has been gained in the fields of medicine, aeronautics, physics, cosmology, astronomy, Earth sciences, etc. Also, other space agencies... ESA for example are making space exploration more cost effective. This does not take into account efforts in the 'private sector' to develop launch capabilities. Space exploration is extremely expensive, only nations or national consortiums can afford it... it will take competition and private sector development to bring costs down.
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/0...est/index.html

Hi Paul.

Really I have never seen the value of the whole Space thing, though I am glad to read that is has in fact been helping us back on earth somehow...as I wasn't never all that interested in Space because to me it seemed far too expensive to put shuttles into space just to explore it.....money that could be far of better used back here sorting out the worlds problems...though looking at global warming we might be needing a way off this rock...

Noahs Ark just a Metaphor or a hint of our future?

Hi All.

Really in a 'What If' mood just now.........in the Bible it says Noah built an ark and took on board animals, now recently I learnt it wasn't quite two by two as we all think...anyway..

Could it be possible that one day in our future we might need to take this Metaphor as a sign from a higher power to do the very same..

One day there could be a rocket on a launch pad somewhere, and I bet we call it The Ark....and inside would be DNA strands from every creature and plant oh and US too, on this planet both male and female...two by two....and we'd point it at somewhere in space that we know when it lands it will detonate an explosive charge (A Big Bang) and the contents will be scattered into the planets atmosphere thus creating a new begining...

Fox network will be picking this idea up and running with it.

Re: Aids in Africa is Organised Religion Making it worse?

I think it is true. The roman catholic church has spent so much time condemning people instead of accepting that times have changed. If people are going to have sex, they need to know that condoms can save their lives. And you can't stop people from having sex. You can teach abstinence, but when it fails, they need to be educated that condoms will help protect them.

Condoms are not 100% and teaching the proper use of them is not condoning sex, like I said people are doing it anyway. The use of condoms and education has helped the U.S. and it will help Africa if the word gets out.

Re: Aids in Africa is Organised Religion Making it worse?

Hi Button.

I find it so hard to believe that an organisation who claims to be the representatives of God on earth wouldn't work towards helping those in Africa instead of sticking with doctrine that wasn't modern events and behaviour.

All I want is them to say 'Sod it lets save lives' give them the option

NASA loses original tapes of first moon landing

NASA loses original tapes of first moon landing Tuesday August 15, 08:26 PM
    WASHINGTON (AFP) - NASA no longer knows the whereabouts of the original tapes of man's first landing on the moon nearly 40 years ago, an official of the US space agency said.

"NASA is searching for the original tapes of the Apollo 11 spacewalk on July 21, 1969," said Ed Campion, a spokesman for NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, a Washington suburb.

The tapes record the famous declaration of Apollo astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man on the moon, as he set foot on its surface: "That's one small step for man; one giant leap for mankind."

The original tapes could be somewhere at the Goddard center or in the archives network of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Campion said.

The search for the tapes began about a year and a half ago when the Goddard Space Flight Center's authorities realized they no longer knew where they were after retired employees asked to consult them.

Armstrong, the first human to walk on the moon, was the commander of the first US lunar mission aboard the Apollo 11 capsule, with astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins.

His landing on the moon's surface on July 21, 1969, was watched by millions of television viewers worldwide.

The original tapes of the Apollo 11 mission were recorded at three tracking stations: Goldstone in California and Honeysuckle Creek Tracking Station and Parkes Observatory in Australia.

They were then sent to the Goddard Space Flight Center, which transferred them to the National Archives in late 1969. Later, NASA asked to recover the tapes and that is where the trace disappeared.

"A search is being planned, aimed at finding what happened to the Goddard-recalled Apollo 11 mission data tapes," Campion said.

The search effort involves sifting through 30-year old records and contacting retired Goddard personnel, he added.

WHAT A SURPRISE EH? :rolleyes:

Re: NASA loses original tapes of first moon landing

Where can I verify this story?

I remember hearing about this, though I don't recall just where. I'm not surprised though. Gee... a bureaucracy lost records... WOW... that never happens... that's surely evidence of a cover-up :rolleyes:

I would like to take a peek behind the scenes at the National Archives though... it probably makes the closing warehouse scene from "Raiders of the Lost Ark" look like someone's garage.

Quote Originally Posted by primov3
    Where can I verify this story?
    Hi There sorry here's a link I don't think it's the one I used for the original post but this should be ok it's from CNN..

[URL=http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/08/14/space.tapes.reut/index.html]
    Last edited by NumberSix; 09-03-2006 at 09:25 PM.

Pandoras Box! did they mean the WEB?

They say most myths and legends are based on facts or visions...so did someone somewhere see a vision of a time where something was opened and all the evils in the world came out...

I mean the Web can be one of the worst offenders of evil things..with kiddy porn, fanatics using it to further terror beliefs.