+ Reply to Thread

Papa John's Pays $2.13 Hour Now

http://tipthepizzaguy.com/discussion/

http://www.wavy.com/global/story.asp...srvc=leadstory

so, you can't afford to send kid to college this fall ?
    you bought him a car and said he will have to deliver pizza.
    get ready for the phone call.

mom, dad, send money now !
    my car broke so i lost my $4 hour job at Papa John's !

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:PZZA
    Last edited by mumbles; 07-02-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Re: Papa John's Pays $2.13 Hours Now

Chris Rock (Born Suspect) - Minimum Wage, Poor White People
    Last edited by mumbles; 07-02-2008 at 08:58 PM.

well, okay, they settled on $4 per hour + tips for drivers, and they are really proud of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    well, okay, they settled on $4 per hour + tips for drivers, and they are really proud of themselves.

I agree with you it is a bunch of bull- shit.....but they are really just waitresses on wheels and they get the advantage of dropping the pizza of and leaving. A waitress gets the same pay and has to deal with assholes and clean up their messes.
    Now quit your yappin!! :2gunsfiring_v1:

but a waitress only has to walk accross the room not drive across town and doesn't have to bring her own car to work with her. the company pays nothing for maintaining the car. in addition the company adds on a delivery charge and many people think that is the tip.
    Last edited by mumbles; 08-27-2008 at 10:17 PM.

Some places are providing cars.....I know that my Pizza Hut is provided with a car. I dont know if its because of all of the rewards they have gotten in competions or what, but maybe it will catch on.

I have never heard of a place providing a car, and I actually delivered for Pizza Hut when I was 18. I made $7/hr because I had previously worked for them when I was 16 (moved to California so I quit, got back on when I moved back) so I could work both in the kitchen and do delivery. I did claim my miles on my taxes, but it didn't equate to much really. Tips were a complete joke. The ONLY night I made major tips was on Halloween. I dressed up like Superwoman and decked out my car to be my "Superwoman" mobile. I happened to deliver to a house party thrown by a bunch of college guys, and my tip was $40. They wanted me to come back when I got off work, which I didn't do. But IF I got tipped, it was between $2-3. Most of the time I didn't get a tip. And as for it being harder for a waitress, I don't know. I didn't have to clean up after people, BUT I did have to deal with dogs and other animals, the struggle to find people who lived out in the boonies, and also those who lived 25 minutes away from the Pizza Hut and expected their pizza in 20 minutes. Then yelled at you when you weren't fast enough. (I was a jerk, if they started yelling I just turned around and left. Which is something a waitress can't really do.) But I also had someone try and tip me with drugs. I also was invited to what I was pretty sure was a swingers party. I had old guys hit on me constantly, which was gross. But honestly, it was way fun.

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
    I have never heard of a place providing a car, and I actually delivered for Pizza Hut when I was 18. I made $7/hr because I had previously worked for them when I was 16 (moved to California so I quit, got back on when I moved back) so I could work both in the kitchen and do delivery. I did claim my miles on my taxes, but it didn't equate to much really. Tips were a complete joke. The ONLY night I made major tips was on Halloween. I dressed up like Superwoman and decked out my car to be my "Superwoman" mobile. I happened to deliver to a house party thrown by a bunch of college guys, and my tip was $40. They wanted me to come back when I got off work, which I didn't do. But IF I got tipped, it was between $2-3. Most of the time I didn't get a tip. And as for it being harder for a waitress, I don't know. I didn't have to clean up after people, BUT I did have to deal with dogs and other animals, the struggle to find people who lived out in the boonies, and also those who lived 25 minutes away from the Pizza Hut and expected their pizza in 20 minutes. Then yelled at you when you weren't fast enough. (I was a jerk, if they started yelling I just turned around and left. Which is something a waitress can't really do.) But I also had someone try and tip me with drugs. I also was invited to what I was pretty sure was a swingers party. I had old guys hit on me constantly, which was gross. But honestly, it was way fun.

Ya I was amazed when I heard our Pizza Hut got a car, I really think it had something to national pizza making challenge..they made it to finals like 3 years in a row.

As for it being fun, I heard it for the most part is. Hell the kids from my store fight over who delivers my Pizza on slow nights cause we always invite them in to play guitar hero or rock band.