+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 23

  1. #1

    I want the first dealership

    This is the same company which-a few months back-invented
    a car that costs only $2500 new. BUT it's not available in
    the USA . Why is it that a gasless vehicle that eliminates the
    reason to buy oil from foreign countries hasn't nipped the
    minds of US manufacturers? How bad can this be for anybody,
    anywhere in the world -- except for foreign oil?


    AMAZING AIR CAR! The Compressed Air Car, developed by Motor Development International (MDI)
    Founder Guy Negre, might be the best thing to
    happen to the moto r engine, and people all
    over the world.


    The $12,700 CityCAT, one of the planned
    Air Car models, reaches 68 mph, goes for a
    range of 125 miles. It will take only a few
    minutes for the CityCAT to refuel at
    gas stations equipped with custom air
    compressor units. MDI says it should cost
    only around $2 to fill the car up with
    340 liters of air!

    The Air Car will be starting production soon,
    thanks to India 's TATA Motors.
    Forget corn! That's a joke.There's fuel, user friendly, pocketbook
    friendly fuel! What can be better than air?
    6-seater taxi should rbe available in India in 2008:

    Now If We will just DEMAND this technology
    in the USA , we can tell Saudi Arabia ,
    Venezuela & dirty foreign oil to take a hike!
    In the meantime we suffer because of the
    worst do nothing Congress in US history.






    Last edited by Old Timer; 07-02-2008 at 01:43 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fayetnam NC
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: I want the first dealership

    What ya gonna use for the plastic parts in the cars? What ya gonna use to heat the metal to form the parts of the cars? What ya gonna paint the car with? Water colors? What ya gonna make the rubber hoses for the car with. That oil is used for a heck of a lot more than just transportation. And to quote my bud Lexx..."Just askin"

  3. #3

    Re: I want the first dealership

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    What ya gonna use for the plastic parts in the cars? What ya gonna use to heat the metal to form the parts of the cars? What ya gonna paint the car with? Water colors? What ya gonna make the rubber hoses for the car with. That oil is used for a heck of a lot more than just transportation. And to quote my bud Lexx..."Just askin"
    Well I am not going to manufacture them, I would just like to be in on the ground floor of selling them. Experience has shown that the fist time new items like that hit the market they go like hot cakes. I know that I have none ot the qualifications that are required to own a dealership, but it sure is a nice thought to be in on the ground flor of somethiong like that when it goes. so I dream a little dream.:

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fayetnam NC
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: I want the first dealership

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Well I am not going to manufacture them, I would just like to be in on the ground floor of selling them. Experience has shown that the fist time new items like that hit the market they go like hot cakes. I know that I have none ot the qualifications that are required to own a dealership, but it sure is a nice thought to be in on the ground flor of somethiong like that when it goes. so I dream a little dream.:
    Oh I thought you were trying to find a way to knock out our dependancy on foreign oil. I was just pointing out it wouldn't be that easy. I appoligize. I do however bet you could sell ice cubes to eskimos should you want too. :spin2:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,549

    Re: I want the first dealership

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    This is the same company which-a few months back-invented
    a car that costs only $2500 new. BUT it's not available in
    the USA . Why is it that a gasless vehicle that eliminates the
    reason to buy oil from foreign countries hasn't nipped the
    minds of US manufacturers? How bad can this be for anybody,
    anywhere in the world -- except for foreign oil?


    AMAZING AIR CAR! The Compressed Air Car, developed by Motor Development International (MDI)
    Founder Guy Negre, might be the best thing to
    happen to the moto r engine, and people all
    over the world.


    The $12,700 CityCAT, one of the planned
    Air Car models, reaches 68 mph, goes for a
    range of 125 miles. It will take only a few
    minutes for the CityCAT to refuel at
    gas stations equipped with custom air
    compressor units. MDI says it should cost
    only around $2 to fill the car up with
    340 liters of air!

    The Air Car will be starting production soon,
    thanks to India 's TATA Motors.
    Forget corn! That's a joke.There's fuel, user friendly, pocketbook
    friendly fuel! What can be better than air?
    6-seater taxi should rbe available in India in 2008:

    Now If We will just DEMAND this technology
    in the USA , we can tell Saudi Arabia ,
    Venezuela & dirty foreign oil to take a hike!
    In the meantime we suffer because of the
    worst do nothing Congress in US history.







    Let me know... I'll work for you!

    BTW G.W. the burden of oil usage to make the parts would not necessarily fall upon the U.S. That burden would be born by the manufacturer in the country of origin. Also, the oil used in parts manufacture would be insignificant when compared to the oil saved through the doing away with the need for gasoline.

    The operation of the car would not be "oil free"... it would still need lubrication.

    some info:
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/27/i...roduction-run/
    Last edited by PaulM; 07-02-2008 at 06:23 PM.

  6. #6

    Re: I want the first dealership

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Let me know... I'll work for you!

    BTW G.W. the burden of oil usage to make the parts would not necessarily fall upon the U.S. That burden would be born by the manufacturer in the country of origin. Also, the oil used in parts manufacture would be insignificant when compared to the oil saved through the doing away with the need for gasoline.

    The operation of the car would not be "oil free"... it would still need lubrication.

    some info:
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/27/i...roduction-run/
    But if It goes it will go big. I am going to try and contact them and see what can be done to brinhg that car here. Will pm you if I find out anything.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fayetnam NC
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: I want the first dealership

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Let me know... I'll work for you!

    BTW G.W. the burden of oil usage to make the parts would not necessarily fall upon the U.S. That burden would be born by the manufacturer in the country of origin. Also, the oil used in parts manufacture would be insignificant when compared to the oil saved through the doing away with the need for gasoline.

    The operation of the car would not be "oil free"... it would still need lubrication.

    some info:
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/27/i...roduction-run/

    I agre with all that. I'm saying what benifits the car had all round would be insignifigant compared to all the oil used for everything manufactured in the states and other uses that the oil is brought here for besides gasoline. And those companies using that oil are still going to buy it from the arabs or whatever country they think they can get the best price from.

    I'm sorry, I really didn't explain my statment very well earlier. The car would be a great thing and I'll be in line to work for OT myself and buy one. But as far as our dependancy on foreign oil; I don't think it's really going to make much of a dent. There again, it's a start and one must start somewhere. I just don't think other industries will start to follow suit anytime soon. Just my very humble opinion based on on very low faith in my fellow man.

  8. #8

    Re: I want the first dealership

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    I agre with all that. I'm saying what benifits the car had all round would be insignifigant compared to all the oil used for everything manufactured in the states and other uses that the oil is brought here for besides gasoline. And those companies using that oil are still going to buy it from the arabs or whatever country they think they can get the best price from.

    I'm sorry, I really didn't explain my statment very well earlier. The car would be a great thing and I'll be in line to work for OT myself and buy one. But as far as our dependancy on foreign oil; I don't think it's really going to make much of a dent. There again, it's a start and one must start somewhere. I just don't think other industries will start to follow suit anytime soon. Just my very humble opinion based on on very low faith in my fellow man.
    Ahh my dear Hound. But you do have faith, however low it may be it is still there. I do think that a start must Be made also. So I am to dam old to go into the army or any of the others but I still can and will fight one way or another and I will never quit. I also believe we can do it if we just try. So OK. Call me a sentimental old fool. But remember that THERE'S NO FOOL LIKE AN OLD FOOL. NYUK, NYUK, NYUK:
    Last edited by Old Timer; 07-03-2008 at 06:44 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    415

    Re: I want the first dealership

    Don't see anything wrong with this. A start it is, and a good one...but I ask you, why should an oil company put its money behind something that simply drives the price os oil down to nothing?

    What we need is Federal initiatives in the countries of the western world. Reliance on the profit motive as the bottom line for everything we do must change....we certainly don't ask the military to turn a profit, and thats taxpayer funded, so why not use the same argument for using OUR taxation dollars to benefit the people in a direct way...

    Governments are happy (more votes)...
    Environmentalists are happy...
    The people get what they actually want and need for a change...

    Many industries started out as government sponsored initiatives. Our reliance on oil goes back to the defense of the realm, when the U.S./British Navy switched from coal fired boilers to oil fired. This industry could begin from the taxation of the people, and when it's a profitable concern, sell it off to private enterprise..

    Something has to be done....and soon. Just think, ...NO MORE OIL WARS!!!

    Exciting prospect.

  10. #10

    Re: I want the first dealership

    Quote Originally Posted by kate blanchett View Post
    Don't see anything wrong with this. A start it is, and a good one...but I ask you, why should an oil company put its money behind something that simply drives the price os oil down to nothing?

    What we need is Federal initiatives in the countries of the western world. Reliance on the profit motive as the bottom line for everything we do must change....we certainly don't ask the military to turn a profit, and thats taxpayer funded, so why not use the same argument for using OUR taxation dollars to benefit the people in a direct way...

    Governments are happy (more votes)...
    Environmentalists are happy...
    The people get what they actually want and need for a change...

    Many industries started out as government sponsored initiatives. Our reliance on oil goes back to the defense of the realm, when the U.S./British Navy switched from coal fired boilers to oil fired. This industry could begin from the taxation of the people, and when it's a profitable concern, sell it off to private enterprise..

    Something has to be done....and soon. Just think, ...NO MORE OIL WARS!!!

    Exciting prospect.
    HI Kate. My understanding after being on their website is that the oil companies are not behind this. I don't think that there will be any real help from the feds on bringing down the price of oil. Remember it is an election year and all they do is hem and haw and thump their chests and then forget what it is all about after the election is over. They got what they want couldn't care less what happens to the masses that helped put them in office unless they just hppened to give them large contributions.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,840

    Re: I want the first dealership

    Are you all talking about the new JAPANESE car that runs on water? I didnt read the article but I told you before on here, that years ago some people in the USA were driving their cars using just water. You can do the same thing now days, but you have to buy a certain converter. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ FOREIGN OIL? Where have you been, the first place we get out oil from is here in the USA. then we get it from Canada, the last place we get our oil from is the middle east. And another thing else, CHILDREN, the USA owns all the oil in the world and they can hike up the prices any time they feel like it. It is not really the government that owns it or controls it it is the GLOBAL ELITES and it is high time to get USED to their ways of controlling things, because it will happen the CHANGE WILL HAPPEN. They are not going to let you have the cars you want, they will monitor your every move. OIL get with the program already OIL comes first from the USA.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fayetnam NC
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: I want the first dealership

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Are you all talking about the new JAPANESE car that runs on water? I didnt read the article but I told you before on here, that years ago some people in the USA were driving their cars using just water. You can do the same thing now days, but you have to buy a certain converter. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ FOREIGN OIL? Where have you been, the first place we get out oil from is here in the USA. then we get it from Canada, the last place we get our oil from is the middle east. And another thing else, CHILDREN, the USA owns all the oil in the world and they can hike up the prices any time they feel like it. It is not really the government that owns it or controls it it is the GLOBAL ELITES and it is high time to get USED to their ways of controlling things, because it will happen the CHANGE WILL HAPPEN. They are not going to let you have the cars you want, they will monitor your every move. OIL get with the program already OIL comes first from the USA.

    Exactly what planet do you live on Galaxy?

  13. #13

    Re: I want the first dealership

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Are you all talking about the new JAPANESE car that runs on water? I didnt read the article but I told you before on here, that years ago some people in the USA were driving their cars using just water. You can do the same thing now days, but you have to buy a certain converter. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ FOREIGN OIL? Where have you been, the first place we get out oil from is here in the USA. then we get it from Canada, the last place we get our oil from is the middle east. And another thing else, CHILDREN, the USA owns all the oil in the world and they can hike up the prices any time they feel like it. It is not really the government that owns it or controls it it is the GLOBAL ELITES and it is high time to get USED to their ways of controlling things, because it will happen the CHANGE WILL HAPPEN. They are not going to let you have the cars you want, they will monitor your every move. OIL get with the program already OIL comes first from the USA.
    No, You should do a little more research first Galaxy. First, the car you are talking about does requie gas to run but supposedly not as much. The converter extracts hydrogen from the water and is mixed with the gas and air.

    And secondly if you had actually read the article that I posted you would have seen that it uses compressed air and batteries only. Oil would be used only fo lubrication. I am beginning to think that your brain has gone some place global because it doesn't appear to be in your head.
    Last edited by Old Timer; 07-05-2008 at 06:55 AM.

  14. #14

    Re: I want the first dealership

    Here is the car of the future.

    I thought that you might like a look at this vehicle of the future. I could not post all of the views that are available due to space limitations OT.


    The Air Car

    At the moment we are working on the design of the car and exploring the possibilities concerning our first model, The Air Car Eureka 1.1, with an air compressed motor, either on a mono- or bi- energy system (compressed air combined with electricity).

    Here are the first design:



    The proposals and drawings regarding the exterior of the car



    The proposals regarding the interior of the car





    The proposals regarding the use of the car

    Last edited by Old Timer; 07-05-2008 at 12:34 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,549

    Re: I want the first dealership

    It's almost like a micro-van. Cool!!

    I can't visualize that model for use in rural areas, but for city-dwelling families it would make an excellent town car.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Planet Gong
    Posts
    1,032

    Re: I want the first dealership

    OT, will this wunderwagen use specialized pressure tanks, or off-the-shelf commercial/hospital tanks, or even scuba tanks?
    I'm betting specialized, for weight reduction and crash-worthiness.
    Of course, with a standardized valve system, "refueling" would make a nice sideline for dive shops

Similar Threads

  1. Car dealership scam
    By TennisBar in forum Used Car Scams
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 01:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •