+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

What Did You Eat Today?

THis should be interesting and something which noone should feel inhibited in participating in:

Me? For Breakfast, I had a "Light breakfast"... Two Cake Donuts and Coffee with Milk and Sugar.

I skipped the 'Noon meal' - nothing to eat at midday.

For the Evening Meal; we refer to it as "Supper" here - some people say "Dinner". Most of us here call the Lunch Hour "Dinner".

Anyhow, for the evening meal menu:

- Pork Chops and Roasted "Ear" of Corn, which I grilled on the outdoor grill.
    - Sweet Potatoes [Yams] which I cooked in the Microwave.
    - Frozen Sweet Peas ["English Peas"], cooked on the Stove.
    - A soda drink; "Wild White Grape" with lots of ice in a big - glass... refreshing!!!
    About ten minutes later I ate three Meedjol Dates.
    In a little while, for "dessert" I will have a Chery "Turn-Over".
    May driink a hot cup of Darjeeling Tea.
    What else do I take every day?
    It is a Tincture of Ginko Biloba and Red Panex Gingseng. This is manufacured in Formosa. Very good for the blood circulation and energy, stamina.
    Vasudeva

Re: What Did You Eat Today?

I do not eat right

Morning - Noon
    Ribs and fried potatoes, tomato.

Aftrnoon
    Cake and milk.

Evening
    Bagles

No wonder I have to take anti-cholesterol pills.

Coontie, you are on cholesterol pills? Bad stuff man and it will damage your heart in who knows what time. You do not have to be on that POISON you can lower your cholesterol naturally. I have in my folder some where on to helping people what your total daily limit would be for cholesterol and we all need cholesterol if we did not have it we would all die. I abhor these doctors who are killiing millions of people with those drugs and did you know it causes your muscles to waste away, could take days, weeks, months and years, but once you get that, nothing in the world will get you back you will become handicapped for the remainder of your life, I will have to search for it an bring it back up on the front page. Drugs companies are making a KILLING and the heart disease people never had it and will have heart diesease forever and of course the doctors are CON MEN and say it was the cholesterol, no it was the cholesterol pills.

Since I had to work today, I took one slice of organic whole wheat bread and put some butter on it and sprinkled it with garlic powder and that is all I had for breakfast. Of course, I took my one gallon jug and I put distilled water and frozen orange juice and shook that up. I drank that today while working. When I came home, I had two glasses of organic milk and had two slices of bread then I had a few ounces of organic yogurt then my wife made POTATOE SOUP with peas and carrots inside and good spices. I just had another glass of milk but I diluted it to stretch it. Then after dinner later on, I came home later around 8 pm and after dinner I had two icy cold glasses of orange juice.

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    THis should be interesting and something which noone should feel inhibited in participating in:

Me? For Breakfast, I had a "Light breakfast"... Two Cake Donuts and Coffee with Milk and Sugar.

I skipped the 'Noon meal' - nothing to eat at midday.

For the Evening Meal; we refer to it as "Supper" here - some people say "Dinner". Most of us here call the Lunch Hour "Dinner".

Anyhow, for the evening meal menu:

- Pork Chops and Roasted "Ear" of Corn, which I grilled on the outdoor grill.
    - Sweet Potatoes [Yams] which I cooked in the Microwave.
    - Frozen Sweet Peas ["English Peas"], cooked on the Stove.
    - A soda drink; "Wild White Grape" with lots of ice in a big - glass... refreshing!!!
    About ten minutes later I ate three Meedjol Dates.
    In a little while, for "dessert" I will have a Chery "Turn-Over".
    May driink a hot cup of Darjeeling Tea.
    What else do I take every day?
    It is a Tincture of Ginko Biloba and Red Panex Gingseng. This is manufacured in Formosa. Very good for the blood circulation and energy, stamina.
    Being on a diet as well as being a Diabetic I start the day with a Pink Grapefruit a glass of V-8 juice and a cup of coffee. Lunch consisted of a Ham and cheese sandwich with djion mustard and a bowl of Chicken soup and for super Swiss steak with steamed broccoli and califlower for desert ice cold cantalope. During the day and at night I usually drink a cup of Oolong tea (bulk from Taiwan.)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Coontie, you are on cholesterol pills? Bad stuff man and it will damage your heart in who knows what time. You do not have to be on that POISON you can lower your cholesterol naturally. I have in my folder some where on to helping people what your total daily limit would be for cholesterol and we all need cholesterol if we did not have it we would all die. I abhor these doctors who are killiing millions of people with those drugs and did you know it causes your muscles to waste away, could take days, weeks, months and years, but once you get that, nothing in the world will get you back you will become handicapped for the remainder of your life, I will have to search for it an bring it back up on the front page. Drugs companies are making a KILLING and the heart disease people never had it and will have heart diesease forever and of course the doctors are CON MEN and say it was the cholesterol, no it was the cholesterol pills.
    I'm quite sure that I am somewhat [at least] advanced in years of you, and I, if you was nearby, would challenge you to on any given day keep up with me and a lot of things that I do, including very sternous physical work at times.
    I am mindful of Chlorestrol. But not from a Fanatical standpoint, as with all health issues. I just typically, through the years have taken reasonable and sensbile good care of myself, regarding a good and reasonable variety of food, exercise, the outdoors and a good and solid frame of mind.
    I am NOT inclined to be a fanatic regarding any issue. Fanaticism is an indication that an individual is "running very afraid" of some circumstance or issue. Often, this attitude, frame of mind invites the onset of really serious cicumstances, conditions, that that particular individual is striving in an exegerated manner to avoid - ordinarily classified as OBSESSING a an indication os serious psychological issues with the individual.
    Something to keep in mind is the time worn addage: "everything in MOBERATION!"
    So go ahead and be OBSESSIVE all that you want. What you think and do with yourself, that is your right, perogrative. But in regard, especially to fanatical tendencies, avoid trying to apply that to others.
    Thank you very much...:rasta:

p.s. I recall reading a book in the past that was titled: "Food Is Medicine". It introduced the idea that what we eat, in regard to variety and kind is a very important preventative measure for good health. AGain, inclduing exercise in the outdoors where one is exposed to a reasonable amount of sunlight and fresh air. As well, a healthy mental attitude...
    As well, I DO NOT take any type of pills or medications. I am very blessed with good health. One of the besty things, even though I don't have to, is to engage in strenous outdoor activites at times where my heart rate is accelerated and I perspire.
    The Buddhist encourage a person to eliminate from their body in as many possible ways as possible. Of course many of us are aware tof the two primary methods, without reciting them here. Another that is important, to rid the body of toxins is perspiring.
    I am willing to bet that many of the old people of the past didn't die from overweight or Chlorestrol issues, as well as Liver and Kidney disfunction, because they worked hard outdoors.
    But as well, Genetics is a very important factor here. I thank my parents, both of whom have since passed from this life for helping build a good and strong body for me!
    Last edited by coontie; 06-16-2008 at 08:25 AM.
    Vasudeva

Since I had to work today, I took one slice of organic whole wheat bread and put some butter on it and sprinkled it with garlic powder and that is all I had for breakfast. Of course, I took my one gallon jug and I put distilled water and frozen orange juice and shook that up. I drank that today while working. When I came home, I had two glasses of organic milk and had two slices of bread then I had a few ounces of organic yogurt then my wife made POTATOE SOUP with peas and carrots inside and good spices. I just had another glass of milk but I diluted it to stretch it. Then after dinner later on, I came home later around 8 pm and after dinner I had two icy cold glasses of orange juice.
    Sound pretty light, but substantial? I wonder about that. But then, there is a consideration of what one has to do in a days time...
    What about health issues? Substantial food aids in warding off disease and maladies. Prevention by diet, exercise and a healthy mental attitude really helps.
    Curious - what and how young did you become oriented to your present diet.? Obviously inclined to be a Vegan with your protein being derived from dairy products. Carvs from things like Cartots and Potatoes.
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Being on a diet as well as being a Diabetic I start the day with a Pink Grapefruit a glass of V-8 juice and a cup of coffee. Lunch consisted of a Ham and cheese sandwich with djion mustard and a bowl of Chicken soup and for super Swiss steak with steamed broccoli and califlower for desert ice cold cantalope. During the day and at night I usually drink a cup of Oolong tea (bulk from Taiwan.)
    Excellent!!! I like OOlang as well.. Lapsanag-oolang, Right? Has a slight, interesting smoke flavor. DO you like Earl Grey? It is flavored with the herb Bergamont. INteresting as well.

I am not only interested in everyone's daily diet, in regard to the diversity, but also would like to, being an American, get person to person insight into how people in, for instance, Australia, U.K. and other places eat, in regard to their daily diet.
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    Excellent!!! I like OOlang as well.. Lapsanag-oolang, Right? Has a slight, interesting smoke flavor. DO you like Earl Grey? It is flavored with the herb Bergamont. INteresting as well.

I am not only interested in everyone's daily diet, in regard to the diversity, but also would like to, being an American, get person to person insight into how people in, for instance, Australia, U.K. and other places eat, in regard to their daily diet.
    I say ther old chap, right you are. I also like Irish breakfast, Earl Grey and Hot Cinnamon Spice by Harney & Sons. It has three types of Cinnamon, a hint of orange and a delightful Asian black in it. www.harney.com this is one ofr the best cinnamon I have found.

Breakfast: Mom's Best Oat Cereal, milk, 2 scrambled eggs

Lunch: Tuna Salad in whole wheat Pita
    1 cup blueberries

Dinner: Italian Chicken
    Zuccinni Squash
    Yummy
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

Coontie, I am not a VEGAN, those people are NUTS, they dont drink milk they dont use honey and they are into that poisonous SOY BEANS and TOFU they wont eat cheese they are VEGANS. I am allergic to soy products like TOFU I dont even like it and it is very hard on your liver and that stuf is not what they claim it to be. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Today for breakfast I had a hot bowl of oatmeal and milk and to sweeten it I put in pulverized date power. Then I ate some dates, I like dates. Then for Lunch, I had my gallon of orange juice that I drank throughout the day at work. I had potato pancakes with cottage cheese, I say I ate about 15 of them, I luv potato pancakes, Then I ate 2 bananas with yogurt. Then for dinner I made home made pizza and had two glasses of milk then I had a large salad with olive oil, garlic, onions, romaine lettuce and butter crunch lettuce, carrots, cucumbers red peppers all sliced up. Then for desert I had chocolate cake wth vanilla ice cream then had one glass of milk. Later on I had some more orange juice with some homemade fig cookies, i love eating figs but would rather have them in cookie form. I had some yogurt with that, then I took my vitamins, a multi without iron, B-50 Complex, yogurt caps, Vitamin C caps, and with my yogurt I put in bee pollen, you get all your natural vitamins in the bee pollen. I take my vitamins everyday. I take some other things too.

This is what I am going to have to eat for Tues. For breakfast I am going to have Two bowls of oatmeal wit milk, then goin to have 8oz of yogurt and mash my one banana in that. Take my gallon jugs to work with me and drink that thrrought out the day. For Lunch I am going to have two sandwiches that I prepared already, That will be put the butter on the breads and mashed avocado, lemon juice so the avo dont turn brown with slices of cheese and lettuce and tomatoe and cucumbers. Homemade french fries with mustard and glass of milk. For dinner, going to have organic corn meal that is baked in the oven and put tomatoe sauce on that, then going to have a big bowl of salad, romaine lettuce, butter crunch lettuce, avocado, carrot slices, cheese pieces, cucumbers lots of cucumbers and olive oil and garlic. Glass of mil, and for a snack, Vanilla cake, Strawberry ice crean with mashed two bananas and one glass of milk. with yogurt and one cup of blueberries

This is what I am going to have to eat for Tues. For breakfast I am going to have Two bowls of oatmeal wit milk, then goin to have 8oz of yogurt and mash my one banana in that. Take my gallon jugs to work with me and drink that thrrought out the day. For Lunch I am going to have two sandwiches that I prepared already, That will be put the butter on the breads and mashed avocado, lemon juice so the avo dont turn brown with slices of cheese and lettuce and tomatoe and cucumbers. Homemade french fries with mustard and glass of milk. For dinner, going to have organic corn meal that is baked in the oven and put tomatoe sauce on that, then going to have a big bowl of salad, romaine lettuce, butter crunch lettuce, avocado, carrot slices, cheese pieces, cucumbers lots of cucumbers and olive oil and garlic. Glass of milk, and for a snack, Vanilla cake, Strawberry ice crean with mashed two bananas and one glass of milk. with yogurt and one cup of blueberries

Okay, the reason I mentioned "Vegan" was because it appeared you tended to be one, by the diet you describe. I must say emphasis on Dairy products, which some Vegans avoid. Mostly due to allergies to Dairy. I mentioned VEgan and was just asking as I am curious about that. I don't intend to be critical in that regard - I know and have known many Vegans and have, in passing, considered the idea at one time or another, but have NOT really ever been satisfied that I would be able to have a good diet in that regard. That is JUST my opinion and in my own regard... I do seem to have observed, or got the impression, at least, that some are really obsessive in that regard. To the extent that they are fanatical about what they are doing and think the entire world should follow thei example. Not saying this about you, although you do seem to be quite keen in regard to some things...
    Thanks!

p.s. how much liquid do you drink in a day's time? Appears as though a lot. Do you perspire a lot and are working to remain hydrated?

06-16 -'08; I ate: Breakfast - Oatmeal with lots of Raisins in it - not cooked into it, just mixed in as they are, after I had the Oatmeal in a bowl. Also added Denari [sugar that is "raw", but one step after "Brown Sugar" state] and half-milk/half-cream.
    Coffee with half and half and sugar...
    Late in the afternoon, about four o;clock - homemade Chicken with Rice Soup; Celery, Onions, Carrots, Chicken Stock and small chunks of previously fried Chicken minus the skin, fresh ground black-pepper and fresh-ground sea-salt. We don't eat the skin. It was a very big bowl I ate.
    That was it for the day!
    My opinion regarding Oatmeal is that it is one of the very best food items one can eat. Easily digested, has a lot of nutrients in it and is very good in regard to Fiber content, which really helps a person to remain "regular" in regard to bowel movement. I try to remember to eat it at least four times/week [seven-day period]
    Best way to cook it is to get water boiling, then add the Oat Flakes [whole rolled oats - not precooked] put a lid on the pot and remove from the heat and allow to sit 15 - 20 minutes before taking the lid of and serving.
    Last edited by coontie; 06-17-2008 at 10:59 AM.
    Vasudeva

breakfast:
    15g Mom's natural oates & honey, 2 deviled eggs, coffee

Lunch: low carb chili with beans
    salad, tea

Dinner: Smoked salmon pasta salad(low carb pasta)
    tomato & basil in olive oil and vinegar

I don't consume white flour or processed sugar, no prepackaged food items...mainly shop the perimeter of my supermarket. Everything homemade..I get to eat low carb deserts so I'm not missing anything.
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

Sounds great! I am getting some good ideas for other things to eat and menus.
    I like the idea of homemade. Especially with all the additives and high salt content of theings today. I like to eat dried fruit "au-jus" [as it is] right from the container. But I have become mindful of the Sulfites that are used as a perservative. I realize that the food manufacturers nedd extended shelf life for their products to keep from losing money. But for the consumer, sulfites are not good! They literally diminish and kill of the helpful bacteria in the stomach and shut down digestion of any food intake. It takes several days after eating any quantity of sulfite perserved food/s for the stomach to recover and begin proper digestion once again. In these cases and when taking antibiotics due to infection - doctors reccomendation of course, that a person should indulge in a good daily helping of yougurt with beneficial live cultures in it to reestablish efficient digestion
    Vasudeva

why not.

cant eat breakfast, makes me sick, and yes i know it is the most important meal of the day. stuffed down a clif bar.

lunch, had a PB & J, a green apple, goldfish and a bit of ultradark chocolate

dinner, hamburgers with portobello mushrooms. had more chocolate.