+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Of Baptists and Mormons

Of Baptists and Mormons

Recently, while sitting on our front porch to take a break from the computer, I noticed some young people going door to door. There were two fellows and two girls, all nicely dressed and appearing like a fish out of water on this East Side of Toledo.

The two young ladies approached me, and the guys continued to next door. The one started by asking if I attended any church and said they were with some Baptist church in town. I said I no longer attended church services in Toledo, but if I did it would be on the same day as Jesus Christ worshiped - the seventh day Sabbath.

I mentioned how Protestants are still bowing down to Rome, to the pagan popes and Constantine, and not following Jesus' example. She asked if she could at least leave me a Bible tract she had in hand. When I saw it talked about going to Heaven, I asked them why they were spreading such religious lies - that the Bible never offers Heaven as the reward of the saved, but that Jesus clearly stated "the meek shall inherit the Earth."

I said everybody has at least heard that Scripture, and they agreed. I said the Bible says no such thing about going to Heaven. The other girl piped up and said it did. I asked her if she would please show me then. She sort of stomped next to me and turned to a Scripture where it states we've all fallen short of the glory of God and are sinners, and I said, "Yes, that's true, but
    nowhere does it say anything about going to Heaven." She then turned to another Scripture that also mentions our sinful state and I again said, "Yes, but that says nothing about going to Heaven." She appeared flustered and spouted, "But they show us how to get to Heaven." And I disagreed.

I asked them to ask their minister why they're telling people they go to Heaven when Jesus taught "the meek shall inherit the Earth." I encouraged them to learn what the Bible really teaches. They practically ran off the porch, and the fellows next door - nobody answered there - who had been listening, said, "You have a nice day!" I said, "I'm not your enemy. Don't be afraid of the truth - let it set you free. Tell your minister Jesus Christ said "the meek shall inherit the Earth."

They reminded of those old dolls or toys where you pull the string and they have several recorded messages, like - "I love you!" When I broke their spell, they were at a loss and confused, the truth didn't compute with their traditional way of thinking. I hope they can learn the truth about being born again and Heaven and Hell. I've prayed for them, since I deeply appreciate how God started teaching me truths when I was a teenager.

Then a week or so later, several Mormon fellows stopped just as I was getting ready to go on a bike ride. They were also dressed nicely, with their white shirts and ties and dress pants. One "elder" was from the state of Washington and the other "elder" (both were much younger than me) was from Arizona. I asked if folks in their states didn't need to hear what they had to say. They basically said they had plenty of Mormons out there.

I mentioned how I agreed we're the so-called "Lost Ten Tribes of Israel," but that since they supposedly know that, it's all the more reason they shouldn't be keeping pagan holidays pretending to be Christian and Sunday instead of the seventh day Sabbath and biblical festivals that Jesus Christ and the Church of God kept and keep (which portray God's plan of salvation for all mankind). I reminded them the Church of God was founded on the holy day of Shavuot - Pentecost - in Jerusalem, and that Jesus commanded His followers to commemorate His death every Passover and Paul instructed the Gentiles how to properly keep it and to celebrate the Days of Unleavened Bread in spirit and in truth. The one said he wanted to do more study on the tribes, and wanted to look into why they don't keep Passover.

They were actually enjoyable to talk with, and I heard some things they had to say and then questioned them about it. I didn't do all the talking - just most of it. They wrote down my website's address -
    www.DavidBenAriel.org - to look up my book, Beyond Babylon: Europe's Rise and Fall and for more information on Passover and the Twelve Tribes of Israel and about the dietary laws and many other topics we touched upon.

I ran into them in the parking lot of Wal-Mart in Oregon (just East of Toledo) en route to my car, just when I was telling my friend about my experience with them! I hollered over to them, getting in their car, waving, to make sure they looked up my website. Then I saw them again driving through a nearby neighborhood and waved. A Sabbath-keeping Church of God brother who lives in Sweden thought I should read the Book of Mormon to see what I think for myself. So I went to the Oregon library and checked it out and decided to donate a copy of Beyond Babylon to it...

Re: Of Baptists and Mormons

so then,what is heaven!?a haven!?to those that have!?heavy,man: :crazy1: :spin2: hehe!!.....just askn..
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

The Book of Mormon, a false gospel and spurious scripture, amounts to a mishmash of stories, like a confused child or schizophrenic person would tell, mixing truth with error; The Book of Mormon is a spoof from Satan - a demonic comedy - an abomination.

The Mormon Book of the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by David Ben-Ariel View Post
    The Book of Mormon, a false gospel and spurious scripture, amounts to a mishmash of stories, like a confused child or schizophrenic person would tell, mixing truth with error; The Book of Mormon is a spoof from Satan - a demonic comedy - an abomination.

Sounds just like every other religious text...

It is all false. All of it. There is no god there is no satan. Were did the mormon religion come from? Yes a spin off from the christian religion, that is also false.

[QUOTE=David Ben-Ariel;528291]The Book of Mormon, a false gospel and spurious scripture, amounts to a mishmash of stories, like a confused child or schizophrenic person would tell, mixing truth with error; The Book of Mormon is a spoof from Satan - a demonic comedy - an abomination.

The Bible, a false gospel and spurious scripture, amounts to a mishmash of stories, like a confused child or schizophrenic person would tell, mixing truth with error; The Bible is a spoof from Satan - a demonic comedy - an abomination.
    I am currently reading --- White Jazz - James Ellroy

Those poor missionaries!!!

Even THEY could not hack the verbal excretia of DavidBenDover.....

YEP! Even the most zealous shun this utter stain on society....and our bloody website!!!

Go home DBA.....another pathetic excuse for a link to another pathetic excuse for a website that David runs....
    DavidBenAriel....giving Zionism a bad image!!!!

Of Baptists and Mormons

Recently, while sitting on our front porch to take a break from the computer, I noticed some young people going door to door. There were two fellows and two girls, all nicely dressed and appearing like a fish out of water on this East Side of Toledo.

The two young ladies approached me, and the guys continued to next door. The one started by asking if I attended any church and said they were with some Baptist church in town. I said I no longer attended church services in Toledo, but if I did it would be on the same day as Jesus Christ worshiped - the seventh day Sabbath.

I mentioned how Protestants are still bowing down to Rome, to the pagan popes and Constantine, and not following Jesus' example. She asked if she could at least leave me a Bible tract she had in hand. When I saw it talked about going to Heaven, I asked them why they were spreading such religious lies - that the Bible never offers Heaven as the reward of the saved, but that Jesus clearly stated "the meek shall inherit the Earth."

I said everybody has at least heard that Scripture, and they agreed. I said the Bible says no such thing about going to Heaven. The other girl piped up and said it did. I asked her if she would please show me then. She sort of stomped next to me and turned to a Scripture where it states we've all fallen short of the glory of God and are sinners, and I said, "Yes, that's true, but
    nowhere does it say anything about going to Heaven." She then turned to another Scripture that also mentions our sinful state and I again said, "Yes, but that says nothing about going to Heaven." She appeared flustered and spouted, "But they show us how to get to Heaven." And I disagreed.

I asked them to ask their minister why they're telling people they go to Heaven when Jesus taught "the meek shall inherit the Earth." I encouraged them to learn what the Bible really teaches. They practically ran off the porch, and the fellows next door - nobody answered there - who had been listening, said, "You have a nice day!" I said, "I'm not your enemy. Don't be afraid of the truth - let it set you free. Tell your minister Jesus Christ said "the meek shall inherit the Earth."

They reminded of those old dolls or toys where you pull the string and they have several recorded messages, like - "I love you!" When I broke their spell, they were at a loss and confused, the truth didn't compute with their traditional way of thinking. I hope they can learn the truth about being born again and Heaven and Hell. I've prayed for them, since I deeply appreciate how God started teaching me truths when I was a teenager.

Then a week or so later, several Mormon fellows stopped just as I was getting ready to go on a bike ride. They were also dressed nicely, with their white shirts and ties and dress pants. One "elder" was from the state of Washington and the other "elder" (both were much younger than me) was from Arizona. I asked if folks in their states didn't need to hear what they had to say. They basically said they had plenty of Mormons out there.

I mentioned how I agreed we're the so-called "Lost Ten Tribes of Israel," but that since they supposedly know that, it's all the more reason they shouldn't be keeping pagan holidays pretending to be Christian and Sunday instead of the seventh day Sabbath and biblical festivals that Jesus Christ and the Church of God kept and keep (which portray God's plan of salvation for all mankind). I reminded them the Church of God was founded on the holy day of Shavuot - Pentecost - in Jerusalem, and that Jesus commanded His followers to commemorate His death every Passover and Paul instructed the Gentiles how to properly keep it and to celebrate the Days of Unleavened Bread in spirit and in truth. The one said he wanted to do more study on the tribes, and wanted to look into why they don't keep Passover.

They were actually enjoyable to talk with, and I heard some things they had to say and then questioned them about it. I didn't do all the talking - just most of it. They wrote down my website's address -
    www.DavidBenAriel.org - to look up my book, Beyond Babylon: Europe's Rise and Fall and for more information on Passover and the Twelve Tribes of Israel and about the dietary laws and many other topics we touched upon.

I ran into them in the parking lot of Wal-Mart in Oregon (just East of Toledo) en route to my car, just when I was telling my friend about my experience with them! I hollered over to them, getting in their car, waving, to make sure they looked up my website. Then I saw them again driving through a nearby neighborhood and waved. A Sabbath-keeping Church of God brother who lives in Sweden thought I should read the Book of Mormon to see what I think for myself. So I went to the Oregon library and checked it out and decided to donate a copy of Beyond Babylon to it...

Christ fulfilled the Law of Moses, with all of it's ordinances and statutes.

Christ advocated the commandments though in the NEW Covenant, further expounding upon some (such as adultery). Those in Christ are no longer under the Old Covenant but under the New, as he was the mediator of it.

The Epistle of Paul to the Hebrews Chap. 8 : 13 states:

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

The Epistle of Paul to the Hebrews Chap. 9 : 14 states:

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
    15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Paul is talking about works of the Law - i.e.Jewish/Mosaic laws regarding circumcision, sacrifices, dietary restrictions, etc.

The Epistle of Paul to the Colossians Chap. 2 : 13 states:

When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

Jesus Upheld the Biblical Dietary Laws

Unclean Christianity vs. Peter's Vision

Is All Animal Flesh Good Food?
    Last edited by David Ben-Ariel; 06-13-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kate blanchett View Post
    Those poor missionaries!!!
    At least now they can be spiritually enriched and leave their traditional poverty behind, so help them God.

www.davidbenariel.org

Quote Originally Posted by muarader64 View Post
    Christ fulfilled the Law of Moses, with all of it's ordinances and statutes.
    So I can go get drunk and laid? Paul warned about those who preach the religious lies that we don't need to love and obey God, letting Christ live in us His obedient life daily, so help us God.

Christ advocated the commandments though in the NEW Covenant, further expounding upon some (such as adultery). Those in Christ are no longer under the Old Covenant but under the New, as he was the mediator of it.
    If you knew what that was, you would understand Christ made the law even more binding! He didn't "do away" with the Law as Satan and his rebels spew (1 John 2:4).

The Pharisees were praised for being meticulous in keeping of the commandments, but they were condemned for putting TRADITION over truth, adding human rules and regulations that were unnecessary and burdensome, forgetting to temper judgment with mercy, the spirit of the law and not just the letter.

Yeshua publicly sided with the Pharisees but corrected them on their traditional errors.

Yeshua didn't condemn their observance of the commandments and says we need to be even more observant than they were, even more stringent because we're to reflect the letter (actions) and spirit (attitude) of the holy law - we're not even to think about sin!

Don't fall into the traditional temptation that pardon means permission or grace equals a free pass to sin some more:

Matthew 5:

17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law o the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill [magnify, revealing spirit and not just letter of the law, making it even more binding]. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven;[traditional Christianity is as guilty as sin!] but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 23:23

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.

The Epistle of Paul to the Hebrews Chap. 8 : 13 states:

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
    Now, if you dare, go read what constitutes that New Covenant and with whom God says He'll make it.

Paul is talking about works of the Law - i.e.Jewish/Mosaic laws regarding circumcision, sacrifices, dietary restrictions, etc.
    You don't know what you're talking about or rightly dividing the Word of truth. Paul agreed with the Jewish apostles that the converted Gentiles didn't need to become Jews and follow Judaism (like getting circumcised), but he definitely upheld the dietary laws [Acts 15 prohibition against eating blood represents the dietary laws], the Sabbath, taught the Gentiles how to properly keep Passover and the Days of Unleavened Bread in spirit and in truth, and didn't keep Sunday or indulge in any pagan holidays pretending to be Christian!

The Epistle of Paul to the Colossians Chap. 2 : 13 states:

When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
    God didn't do away with the Law, but with our infractions of it that indict us, our list of charges. If the law was done away, as religious liars teach (1 John 2:4), then there's no more sin since sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4), and therefore we don't need a savior! Traditional Christians are so illogical, failing to think through their traditional error.

www.davidbenariel.org

Quote Originally Posted by kate blanchett View Post
    verbal excretia
    Are you foaming at the mouth, chewing on the carpet like Hitler? I see the light of the plain truth must have disturbed your demons of darkness.

www.davidbenariel.org

Shows you how much you know about Hitler....

The idea that he was a carpet chewer is from the very way he used to pace the floor in a crisis....restless.

Nothing to do with temper....

Further, there is not one recorded instance of him ever "foaming at the mouth"...

If your knowledge of your own trashy propaganda is anything like your knowledge of this particular aspect of history, then I pity those you indoctrinate with your ridiculous claptrap.

I know full well why you sit on this website.

Nobody will visit your own! Go back there! You give Joos a monstrous image.....

Part of me wonders if these people actually approach you, or if you approach them. I wouldn't be surprised if you, in all of your "I'm smarter than you" attitude, approached them. But that's really neither here nor there.

I'm sorry, but what was your point?? I read your entire post, and have yet to see the point. That you think you know more than everyone else? That because you believe differently you are right? I still maintain that no one will know the truth until they die, and then it's too late to pass it on to others. Oddly enough, I'm Mormon, but I definitely don't feel the need to justify my reasons for being so. I don't care what others believe, that's their choice.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

from an Amazon review of Beyond Babylon:Diary of an Ass Clown

David Ben-Ariel, dim-witted author at best has decided to enlighten the world with his fanatical fantasies. Does he have any actual evidence to back up any of his claims? Nope. Is his name Ben-Ariel? Nope, that's a name he made up to feel closer to the nation he is not a part of. So, He's an American that plays make believe for his family history. But besides his delving into religo-sci-fi, most don't realize that this guy was arrested, interrogated, imprisoned, and kicked out of Israel for attempting to blow up the Al-Aqsa mosque in 1996. His Visa was removed, and he has not been allowed to return since.

The book itself, as stated earlier has no factual basis. If you want a good sci-fi read, then this is one that will have you shaking your head in utter disbelief, or rolling with laughter at its absurdity. But if you are looking for a book based in reality on Israel, then this is one to avoid.

Update: Ben-Ariel is proud of the fact that he has been on several kibbutzim. For those who don't know, a kibbutz is basically a 60's era communist style living community, where people share everything... the food, the clothes, even their spouse. Within the past few years some personal ownership has evolved, but they still are based on sharing EVERYTHING.

take it easy on the guy!?i'm getting a free education here!?over here!?: :judges: :king22: hehe!!....juss askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you