+ Reply to Thread

McDonald's, in name only

One of the main reason I go to McDonald's is that I know what to expect on the menu and the prices. I assume this is true for most people across the country. People know they can expect the same price, cleanliness and menu. McDonald's in Millbrook, Alabama had no sandwiches on the Dollar Menu. This makes the Dollar menu of no Value.

McDonald's response: "
    Approximately 85 percent of McDonald's restaurants are owned and operated by independent businesspeople. As independent owners, McDonald's franchise owners have the authority to make certain operating decisions as they relate to their McDonald's restaurant operations. This includes charging for condiments, store hours, prices and choosing what products are offered on the Dollar Menu."

You can't count on anything, today. Can You?

Re: McDonald's, in name only

Quote Originally Posted by gdzatty View Post
    One of the main reason I go to McDonald's is that I know what to expect on the menu and the prices. I assume this is true for most people across the country. People know they can expect the same price, cleanliness and menu. McDonald's in Millbrook, Alabama had no sandwiches on the Dollar Menu. This makes the Dollar menu of no Value.

Approximately 85 percent of McDonald's restaurants are owned and operated by independent businesspeople. As independent owners, McDonald's franchise owners have the authority to make certain operating decisions as they relate to their McDonald's restaurant operations. This includes charging for condiments, store hours, prices and choosing what products are offered on the Dollar Menu."

"Da da DA da da...Im loven it".....the food is junk anyway...it will kill you! Save your dollar and buy something at a real restaurant or the food store...your body will be glad you did!

How true, GoneNow!

Quote Originally Posted by gdzatty View Post

The problem with a lot of franchise stores like McDonald's, Pizza hut etc is that it is only as good as the Manager of the store. If the manager does not provide a wide choice of menu, train their staff in good customer service, then the staff seem to think they can talk to their customers however they wish, in turn they lose business because people buy elsewhere. Also the brand owners fail to realise that their brand name suffers in the long-term.

I found out a few years ago that the McDonald's near where I live is a franchise store. I only found this out because the staff in there were extremely rude and spoke however they wished to their paying customers, personally I stopped going there as there is a choice of better quality fast food in the area, so McDonald's, unfortunately lost out to the competition.

Besides their Mcflurry's and hot apple pie, everything else on their menu is a turn-off for me personally, the fries taste like cardboard and their big macs, which we used to get to eat mainly on our birthdays (we would be so excited for the whole day) when we were kids, now tastes so dry and tasteless to me without a good helping of ketchup, which you have to pay for in some stores.

When we were younger, McDonald's food seemed to taste so good, now it holds no real appeal for me. Also, I don't find their food filling at all, after about 30 minutes of eating it, I find that I'm hungry again. I think one of the main attractions was the toy with the happy meal, when I was younger (even as a teenager).
    Karma is a Biatch! :yelcutelaughA:

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are! freakB:

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

KFC is a fine example of somethingthat, in the 70's, was quite simply a superior form of fast food...

You used to have to line up around the corner, and then it took a good forty minutes to be out the door with your chicken, but, KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN, (unlike this KFC junk) was the BEST CHICKEN I've ever tasted...

It used to be cooked in ANIMAL FAT.......Now the box probably tastes better, and the greasy consistency of the food guarantees a trip to elsewhere for my fast food. Most sidewalk fried fish is a better product...

Whatever happened to "Kentuckey Fried Chicken"?