+ Reply to Thread

Vehicle Searcher/Sell it all

A couple of rogue companies have come to my attention recently. They spot adverts listed with reputable firms like Friday Ad, and contact the seller of vehicles or motorbility scooters, saying they have several interested buyers in your area, who they finance to make the purchase and charge interest back to them. But they demand a payment, between 79.99 and 99.49 from the buyer, claiming they refund 90% of it after the sale is made - a "deposit" to ensure the seller is not mis-leading anyone with their advert. Of course then no one rings, no interest at all and you feel like you've wasted your money. Refunds are hard to get unless you push them and threaten them with trading standards and so on. The amount is just below 100 so that the credit card company isn't legally responsible. It's all very slick but best avoided!

www.vehiclesearcher.com

www.sellitall.com

Re: Vehicle Searcher/Sell it all

Just to say, with the help of trading standards I got a full refund in the end! It took 2 letters which they rejected to get TS involved but was worth it in the end, and I just sent an email to them to rub it in and inform them people have more respect for chavs working in McDonalds than them, cos at least they make an honest living!yb:

Re: Vehicle Searcher/Sell it all

I just got caught by this scam & have sent 2 emails demanding a refund - within 10 mins of their initial call. How do I go about getting Trading Standards involved?