+ Reply to Thread

Does Anyone feel like I do about . . . ?

Really like this forum site - especially this thread . . . its nice to come in look at the quotes, get some bantering with the "I'm the latest latest to be last that's first" in the The Last Person To Reply To This Post Wins (so like the frendly banter in there :crazy1:) - its healthy & in good fun.

But my real reason for this thread is to see if others are feeling like i am, frustrated at current gas prices, food shortages/prices, the election mess - the two democrates still "duckin" - **ooopps, grins** bantering back-n-forth, sometimes like kids in a school yard . . . the social security unsureness (will it be there when we need it? that it should be!), etc.......?

Realize this is a long question, but i guess being "jussDuckie" about life (most of the time, ie - birds are singin, flowers are bloomin...) i guess i'm not juss as duckie as i thought? (am human) but life is about finding peace, especially with the environment your currently in & being steadfast . . .

so this thread may just go off with the wind or it might not - who knows . . . only the shadow **grins at this point might just have a clue!!! :crazy1:

So how do you feel about the current state of affairs we are in?
    Earn Extra Income Check it Out

:angel: vjv

Re: Does Anyone feel like I do about . . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by jussDuckie View Post
    Really like this forum site - especially this thread . . . its nice to come in look at the quotes, get some bantering with the "I'm the latest latest to be last that's first" in the The Last Person To Reply To This Post Wins (so like the frendly banter in there :crazy1:) - its healthy & in good fun.

But my real reason for this thread is to see if others are feeling like i am, frustrated at current gas prices, food shortages/prices, the election mess - the two democrates still "duckin" - **ooopps, grins** bantering back-n-forth, sometimes like kids in a school yard . . . the social security unsureness (will it be there when we need it? that it should be!), etc.......?

Realize this is a long question, but i guess being "jussDuckie" about life (most of the time, ie - birds are singin, flowers are bloomin...) i guess i'm not juss as duckie as i thought? (am human) but life is about finding peace, especially with the environment your currently in & being steadfast . . .

so this thread may just go off with the wind or it might not - who knows . . . only the shadow **grins at this point might just have a clue!!! :crazy1:

So how do you feel about the current state of affairs we are in?
    Our "last post wins" is a place we go to just be silly and have some fun..otherwise the present state of the world would be entirely too depressing...too many problems, too few solutions and I don't think we can hang any hopes on the upcoming election...out of all the persons running....I like Barack Obama the best...he can't do anymore harm then Bush has done...gas and food prices...Bush can't or won't open any reserves to help relieve the pricing pressure largely due to the OPEC agreement...OIl companies are gouging, no doubt about that...changing to Ethanol turning out to be a bad decision...causes the rise in food prices that we are seeing...I personally am taking a more frugal approach...growing a garden...constantly looking for ways to save...becoming less materialistic.
    Last edited by peregrine; 05-17-2008 at 03:33 PM.
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

Re: Does Anyone feel like I do about . . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post
    Our "last post wins" is a place we go to just be silly and have some fun..otherwise the present state of the world would be entirely too depressing...too many problems, too few solutions and I don't think we can hang any hopes on the upcoming election...out of all the persons running....I like Barack Obama the best...he can't do anymore harm then Bush has done...gas and food prices...Bush can't or won't open any reserves to help relieve the pricing pressure largely due to the OPEC agreement...OIl companies are gouging, no doubt about that...changing to Ethanol turning out to be a bad decision...causes the rise in food prices that we are seeing...I personally am taking a more frugal approach...growing a garden...constantly looking for ways to save...becoming less materialistic.
    Three cheers for you Peregrine. at least you are "doing something" and not like some here that just complain and copy what others have said or written and never do anything but complain. My wife and I had a garden for many years and grew our on vegetables as much as possible. Unfortunatly, not health problems will no longer allow us to do that. And I do agree with you about the candidates except that I do not think any of them are worth a hoot or a hooller. So we have six of one kind and half a dozen of another kind that will all be dependent on congress to pass what they want to do. I may move to Mars. LOL
    :sun_smiley: