+ Reply to Thread

Vehicle Sell Solutions?

I'm in the market for a new car. Found a very good price on a 99 Nissan Maxima on craigslist. Too good actually. The seller wrote me that she's "selling it so cheap because I need to sell it ASAP due to some personal problems."

She went on to say, "Because I don't have a lot of spare time I have appointed Vehicle Sell Solution (www.vehicle-sell-solution.com ) to handle the transaction for me. They will make the title transfer, arrange the money exchange and deliver the car to your location. At this time the Maxima is at their office.The transaction will be made only by using the terms stated above.
    If you are interested and you have the money available, please register an account with Vehicle Sell Solution and get back to me with the e-mail address you used to register (registration it's free and they won't ask for sensitive personal details). As soon as I hear from you I will initiate the transaction and after that they will handle everything. After we agree on the terms they will deliver the car to your house for a 3-day inspection period and if you like it, you can have it."

I got nervous about registering so I looked the company up on google. Nothing. I looked up the seller in a people database (Zabasearch). Nothing. I went back to craigslist and her ad was taken down. I found a fraud warning on craigslist, suggesting that "distant seller suggests use of an online escrow service" are often fraudulent.

That said, anybody ever heard of Vehicle Sell Solutions?

http://www.vehicle-sell-solution.com/

Re: Vehicle Sell Solutions?

No, but I've seen plenty of badly-named businesses with poorly designed, cookie-cutter websites that are privately registered for only a year.

Your bovine excreta detector is working just fine.
    Web of Trust browser plugin for IE and Firefox - Pops up a warning when a risky website is accessed and adds safety indicators to outbound links. Site safety is determined by consensus among WoT users.

SwagBucks - Be rewarded for searching or shopping. Prize received!

Thanks Silverrain! I responded to her, saying that I was feeling uncomfortable about writing a check without speaking to her, the seller, or seeing the car first. And that I looked up the company Vehicle Sell Solutions online and found nothing. I wrote that this was feeling like a scam. No reply.
    Done. Scam over. Hopefully when someone googles this fictitious company again, they find my post here and stay away.
    Last edited by DKAL; 05-01-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Wanted to say more.

I too am in the market for a car and ran across the following craigslist ad but instead of using http://www.us-bestcarsite.com it was an identical company/website with the following name http://www.vehicle-sell-solution.com/

Looking at the other posts this IS A SCAM! I hope others Google the VIN number because that is how found scam.com and two identical sites.

Hello,
    I appreciate your fast response to my ad regarding the 2002 Honda Accord EX. As you've seen from the pictures my Honda is in perfect condition. It has no rust or dents and it's accident free.
    If you want to see the CarFax report I can provide it for you. Here is the VIN Number: 1hgcg16542a071198
    My asking price is $3800. I'm only selling it so cheap because I need to sell it ASAP due to some personal problems.
    Mileage is 89698 . I serviced the Honda regularly and it's in perfect condition.
    Because I don't have a lot of spare time I have appointed Vehicle Sell Solution (www.vehicle-sell-solution.com) to handle the transaction for me.
    They will make the title transfer, arrange the money exchange and deliver the car to your location. At this time the Honda is at their office.The transaction will be made only by using the terms stated above.
    If you are interested and you have the money available, please register an account with Vehicle Sell Solution and get back to me with the e-mail address you used to register (registration it's free and they won't ask for sensitive personal details).
    As soon as I hear from you I will initiate the transaction and after that they will handle everything.
    After we agree on the terms they will deliver the car to your house for a 3-day inspection period and if you like it, you can have it.
    Here you some pictures with the car: http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n..._my_car/honda/
    Thank you.