+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gold futures/options

Just wondering if anyone has information.... good or bad.... about Hanover Brooks. Apparently based in Panama and selling gold futures options. Website doesn't look too glitzy.... www.hanoverbrooks.com A quick google doesn't show up much

Re: Gold futures/options

Registry Data
    ICANN Registrar: ESTDOMAINS, INC.
    Created: 2008-01-17
    Expires: 2009-01-17
    Seem to be a new operation.

A lot of their site is copied from now defunct itgcorporation.com which did not last for more than a year.

My advice. Offshore company that is not couple years old has huge chance of being a scam. Find company that does the same thing in your country and trade with them.

Thanking you greatly
    Backs up what I was thinking

Hanoover broks is the same company as heartfordcapital, they are thief scamers and they keep your money they don't put it in the market at all.

They are thief beaware they are a scam....

you can go to www.registro-publico.gob.pa/ and you check heartford and hanover are the same company

they stole from me $15,000.

When I ask them for the proof that they put me in the market they didnīt have any.

I check about them Canada authorities are looking for them their name was hartfordcapital, then heartfordcapital now hanover brooks and chadwickmyers.com they are scamers thief they use a hard pressure techniques sales I got a detective on my case and are investigating the owners.

Do not send any money to them they will steal it..

Beaware of this scamers....

Re: Gold futures/opciones call

chadwick myers, chadwickmyers.com esta compaŅia me robo todos mis ahorros me dijeron que invirtiera en oro que iba a duplicar mi inversion inverti $10,000 y luego me llamaron y me pasaron con un estratega mayor supuestamente de la misma compaņia y me dijo que le enviara $20,000 que el me iba a acomodar en un paquete corporativo y todo lo perdi todo. son unos ladrones ya me he enterado de otras personas de aca de colombia que le hicieron lo mismo cuidado son unos ladrones.

I have an account with Hanover Brooks, with the recent move in gold I have seen quite substantial returns. My advice to all of you venturing to invest in any market offshore or in your own backyard is if you don't have the money to risk, don't risk. If you are willing to make money you have got to take risks. How do you know if a company is legit. First of all they can't guarantee profits of any kind, they must disclose in legal form this fact. If you are promised anything RUN.

Rusted is offline Gold Scams Member User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Williams View Post
    I have an account with Hanover Brooks, with the recent move in gold I have seen quite substantial returns. My advice to all of you venturing to invest in any market offshore or in your own backyard is if you don't have the money to risk, don't risk. If you are willing to make money you have got to take risks. How do you know if a company is legit. First of all they can't guarantee profits of any kind, they must disclose in legal form this fact. If you are promised anything RUN.
    Yes but are you actually holding the gold physically or just some paper that sez you "own" some gold?
    All advertising is lies, deceit, and misdirection.

Rusted,

I am really happy with my experience. I have received funds from my gains that I have had with Hanover Brooks. They don't keep the money. Everytime I ask for money they send it. What I am cautious on is the fact that I am asking to have this done at a time in which the market is favorable to me, otherwise I keep trading with them. The key is not to be greedy. In my vast experience investing in different investment markets. What you refer to is futures, not options. When you own a futures contract in any commodity you have the right and the obligation to take delivery on that product which you bought from the market at a determined price. With options you have the right but not the obligation, is what is called an "Intangible Asset". You are actually speculating with the price of the commodity which you bought.

I'm probably old fashioned ... Last time I did commodities speculation, I bought from a local company I could walk into their office and do business face to face.

"Offshore" investment to me seems very risky, especially with a startup company.
    :2gunsfiring_v1:419:judges:

I am from Vienna. I invested with Hanover Brooks, made and lost money with them. They sent me remainder home about some $2,500. I wish my timing in the market could have been better like some people I read in this blog.

Soy de Barcelona, y tengo varios meses invirtiendo con Chadwick Myers y no he tenido problemas con ellos, he ganado y he perdido pero vale, es todo. Lo que creo es que si no estais preparados para invertir pues no lo hagais, para que nos os convirtais en malos perdedores.

Yo invierto con Chadwick Myers desde hace 8 meses, es una empresa real. Como todo inversionista al principio tenía dudas así que les pedí que por favor me dejaran ver estados de cuenta donde pudiera verificar que mis $15,000 en efecto fueron invertidos en la Bolsa en Estados Unidos y me fueron enviados estados de cuenta de varios brokers con los que ellos operan en los Estados Unidos y pude observar que las posiciones que me compraron fueron reales. Sigo trabajando con ellos y considero su servicio como muy ético y profesional. Buena suerte.

14. 05-23-2008, 05:32 PM

:sun_smiley:My experiences so far with HanoverBrooks have been great. My investment has profit and the service my account representative has given me has been fulfilling. I had my doubts too about my money going into the New York Mercantile Exchange, since they were claiming thats where my money goes. Therefore, when I ask if they could provide some proof of the purchases they are making, I was provided with a purchase statement that was given to HanoverBrooks by thier own broker in the USA. My advice to anyone that is seeking to invest in futures or option contracts, make sure you could afford to lose the money, no guarantees are made and that your money actually is invested in an exchange with a registered clearing firm or with a company like HanoverBrooks that uses a registered clearing firm to make its options or futures contract purchases.

Re: Gold futures/opciones call

Quote Originally Posted by marcossantander View Post
    chadwick myers, chadwickmyers.com esta compaŅia me robo todos mis ahorros me dijeron que invirtiera en oro que iba a duplicar mi inversion inverti $10,000 y luego me llamaron y me pasaron con un estratega mayor supuestamente de la misma compaņia y me dijo que le enviara $20,000 que el me iba a acomodar en un paquete corporativo y todo lo perdi todo. son unos ladrones ya me he enterado de otras personas de aca de colombia que le hicieron lo mismo cuidado son unos ladrones.
    This is free translation

chadwick myers, chadwickmyers.com this company me robbery all my savings told me that to invest in gold that was going to duplicate my inversion inverti $10.000 and then they called me and they passed me with an older strategist supposedly of the same one company and told me that sent him $20.000 that the was going to accommodate me in a corporate package and all it perdi all. are some thieves already I have me aware of People of aca of Colombia that did him the same thing care are some thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
    Yes but are you actually holding the gold physically or just some paper that sez you "own" some gold?
    Tangible versus intangible? It depends on what your investment objectives are. Also, what is good for you may not be good for someone else and vice versa. Futures and options contracts are paper assets. They are notoriously known in the financial community for its risks and high rewards. Therefore, these two financial instruments have grown to be multi-billion dollar year products on financial exchanges world-wide. The exchanges do back up these paper assets with the physical product. Investors choose paper assets because they do not want to take delivery on the product as well as store it. Who wants to store a 1000 barrels of crude oil in their back yard? Investors do not have to physically own gold to make money with it. They could by an option or futures contract on gold which will give the investor the right to make money as the price goes up. Other benefits of these paper assets are they give you tremendous leverage or purchase power. For example, a $3,000 option contract could give an investor approximately a leverage amount of $90,000 working for the investor with the risks being limited to the $3000. The investor has the right to capitalize on those $90,000 and only has to invest approximately $3000. After investing in real estate, stocks and commodities for the past 15 years I realized you could both loose money and make money with both tangible or intangible investments. For more information on options or futures contracts you could always go to the exchanges websites. They post a tremendous amount of information on these products.