+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Global warming denialism backfires

The climate cranks at the Heartland Institute have published a list of 500 "co-authors" "whose research in professional journals provides historic and/or physical proxy evidence that" global warming isn't a problem. Not surprisingly perhaps, many of the scientists mentioned on the list are angry... and litigious!

Full story here, here, and here.

Is there still any doubt that the professional global warming denialists are a bunch of scumbags? TheWhizKids, what say you?

Re: Global warming denialism backfires

I Told You So But People Would Not Accept The Websites That I Submitted. This Was All About Politics And To Get People Under The Global Elites Control To Put You In Prison, You Can Drive There Or Here You Can Not Work We Can Not Allow Those Factors The Whole Kit And Kabootle. It All About Control And Al Gore You Boring Freak And Liar, Going Around In His Jet To And Fro, Living In A Mansion With A House Lit Up With All These Lights And He Has The Audacity To Tell Us, Better Ride Your Bike To Work, Better Not Do This, Build Your House With Straw Etc, What A Freaking Moron. What Is Going To Be The Next Hoax/ And By The Way, 1/4 Of An Inch Of Water Coming Up On The Shorelines Per Year Is Not Going To Take Away All The Coastal Beaches And Remember Morons That There Is A Thing Called Evaporation.... The Media Is A Good One For Promoting All These Lies Too After All They Work For The Zionist The Global Elites.

Yet another climate crank.

Quote Originally Posted by bic View Post
    Yet another climate crank.

Flash!
    New York Times: New Climate Model Predicts Global Cooling
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/01/sc...in&oref=slogin

Was waiting for this one to show up...

From the NY Times article:

The authors stressed that the pause in warming represented only a temporary blunting of the centuries of rising temperatures that scientists have projected if carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases continue accumulating in the atmosphere.

Or from the authors own press release:

The improved predictions suggest that global warming will weaken slightly during the following 10 years

As is pointed out here

http://scienceblogs.com/stoat/2008/0...fect_again.php

the results published don't seem to correspond with what the media is saying about the paper. In any case, this only predicts a slight decrease in the rate of warming over the next 10 years, and says nothing whatsoever that would draw into question global warming; it's a short term prediction nothing more. It's like saying that since today is colder than yesterday we should prepare for global cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Was waiting for this one to show up...

From the NY Times article:

The authors stressed that the pause in warming represented only a temporary blunting of the centuries of rising temperatures that scientists have projected if carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases continue accumulating in the atmosphere.

Or from the authors own press release:

The improved predictions suggest that global warming will weaken slightly during the following 10 years

As is pointed out here

http://scienceblogs.com/stoat/2008/0...fect_again.php

the results published don't seem to correspond with what the media is saying about the paper. In any case, this only predicts a slight decrease in the rate of warming over the next 10 years, and says nothing whatsoever that would draw into question global warming; it's a short term prediction nothing more. It's like saying that since today is colder than yesterday we should prepare for global cooling.
    Thank God for AGW. Otherwise, the next ten years could freeze us solid.

And what if Global Warming is a very long natural event lasting many thousands of years, its possible human factors are not the only contributor. After all there were many ages far colder and warmer than now and humans weren't around so we could just be here, by sheer coincidence, to millions of years of far warmer temperatures. At the upswing to a stable warmer climate in a new age.

We may in the short term be accelerating this but in thousands or millions of years that will hardly matter if this is natural. Can you or anyone else for certain assure me that GW is able to be stopped by ending Co2 pollutants from entering the atmosphere?

kazza:

"The authors stressed that the pause in warming represented only a temporary blunting of the centuries of rising temperatures"

Indeed. What's more, the climate inactivists' rhetoric is hilarious -- here's how I'd summarize it:

"Research shows the world will cool until 2015!"
    "Hey, the research uses climate models. Didn't you say models are unreliable?"
    "Argh, I'm going to throw smoke bombs!"

And now, back to the bogus Heartland 500 list... it looks like none of the professional inactivists are willing to discuss it... :rryumy:
    Last edited by bic; 05-02-2008 at 02:01 AM.

"The authors stressed that the pause in warming represented only a temporary blunting of the centuries of rising temperatures"
    I hope global warming comes back soon. This bitter cold is killing me!

phlipper, your smoke bombs are hilarious.

So when are you going to (horrors!) actually start talking about the "Heartland 500" list? I'm waiting...

The Heartland Institute has written a reply to DeSmogBlog and the 50+ angry scientists. And they're insisting that the angry scientists are wrong about their own work!

kazza:

Indeed. What's more, the climate inactivists' rhetoric is hilarious -- here's how I'd summarize it:

"Research shows the world will cool until 2015!"
    "Hey, the research uses climate models. Didn't you say models are unreliable?"
    "Argh, I'm going to throw smoke bombs!"

And now, back to the bogus Heartland 500 list... it looks like none of the professional inactivists are willing to discuss it... :rryumy:
    But what if they are right and temperatures were systematically rising since before the industrial age that would preclude human factors, at least, as the sole source of GW. And hints strongly at a start of a very long and extended warming trend that is natural and if therefore natural unpreventable. Human based excesses that may impact GW would be a blip on the screen over lets say ten million years.

And if in truth we should be cooling off and historical proof from the written records of our race proves cold periods equal increased starvation and loss of food production, the GW may be a good thing. Warmer climates with more Co2 also means more water precipitation, longer potential growing seasons and more fertile growing seasons. Also demonstrated in our history when such events have occured naturally.

In either case unless the GW advocates and doomsayers can prove natural forces can be fully ruled out on both counts with sufficient levels so they are universally acceptable, drastic action may be unwise until we know more.

In a hundred years or maybe two our race will surely know if this is a natural long term warming trend, a cooling trend we are avoiding due to human activity or whether its man-made GW. Until then we should assume we must care for our own race using our limited resources as wisely as possible to do the most good. With the current food crisis along we have far larger problems then a possible and unproven sufficiently human-based GW event IMHO.

More smoke bombs, I see.

Is there no climate inactivist who's willing to actually talk about the "Heartland 500" list and the 50+ angry scientists?

Is there no climate inactivist who's willing to actually talk about the "Heartland 500" list and the 50+ angry scientists?
    I like the list of over 19,000 scientists that signed onto this statement, omong others.
    http://www.oism.org/pproject/
    "There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gasses is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate. "

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

It's funny how almost every picture of a smoke bomb I see is showing up in Bic's posts..... huh.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

What was your point, Lord_jag? Or was that simply another smoke bomb?

So, why's everyone trying to talk about everything except the "Heartland 500" list?