+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Tek Collect or TCI

Hi,

I've been reading these posts for some time, as I had seen the TekCollect ads.

I think there's some truth in what ScamReporterCNN has been posting, but I think he's a little over the top.

I did go to the interviews, and I did interview with the other industry firms. And, I eventually started with TekCollect.

There's always three sides to every story, one side, the other side, and the truth is somewhere in between.

Perhaps I can add some clarity to this discussion. Your choice as to what you want.

First, as has been stated by ScamReporterCNN, TekCollect is not a scam. It's a good organization, which does collect debts for their clients. That is undisputed.

Whether it's a great deal for the sales rep is a good question, and I think it probably depends a great deal on who your manager is - but that's true for every single business in the world.

I've been lucky - my manager is a good guy; he's straight forward and does not bs me.

It's a hard job. Well, make that career. Maybe even calling.

I look at it like this: Where else can I get set up in business for several hundred bucks? And they even gave me the money back after I sold a certain amount of business.

I mean, if I wanted to set up a McDonald's franchise, it would cost me a million dollars. And, the income is not a sure thing. Even McDonald's franchises have been known to fail. (And, I don't philosophically support the idea of fast food - it wouldn't be the right path for me).

So, I get to be in business for myself, but not by myself.

Yes, I have split a few deals with my manager. It's the cost of learning. I'm mostly on my own now, and I bring him in when I think it's necessary.

It's hard, but it's also easy. The training materials are very good. It's almost humorous how well the provided scripts work. I didn't believe it at first. But, they work. I had to unlearn trying to reinvent the wheel.

Basically, the more activity I do, the more I sell.

I'm not rich yet, but at least I am the one writing my paycheck, not waiting for someone to tell me what I'm worth.

Yes, would I like a nice fat salary? Absolutely. But, I've had those jobs, and I've been downsized from those jobs. And that really sucked.

TekCollect - not the job or career for everyone. But, there's always the Post Office for those who can't hack it at TekCollect.

Good luck in your job/career search.

This is an UNETHICAL COMPANY all around. Not only for the scams they pull on getting people to work for them, but also for fraudulent practices they use for their clients.

I know first hand that this was the endorsed company being used by a STATE WIDE medical association. I got an email 2 weeks ago informing all members of this association to stop all busines with this company since Tek Collect was being terminated for fraudulent activity!

Those bozos were using this association's letterhead and a DIGITAL SIGNATURE of the association chairperson in their prospecting materials to gain new clients!!!

And, they were making phone calls to the association members saying that they were calling FROM the association to get these doctors to sign up!

What balls! Did they really think no one would find out about this activity? This alone tells you about the integrity of this company.

It is crap like this that give legitimate companies a bad rap.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been an independent sales rep for TekCollect since August 2009. My deposit for my sales kit ($350) was refunded after my second sale. My experience with the company has been good so far. My sales activity and closings have been a direct result of the amount of effort I put forth. If my sales are low, it's because I've not done the activities I need to do to keep my sales pipeline full. It takes discipline to manage your time well and succeed in sales. This is not a career for people who are unwilling to work or who are not self-starters. My clients have had terrific return on investment from their collections systems and I'm doing more business from direct referrals than cold calls. This is not a get rich quick scheme. This is a career sales opportunity that will compensate you for the amount of effort you put forward.

Quote Originally Posted by cashflow consultant View Post
    I know personally how TekCollect works. I know because I work for them. I make an excellent income. I help business owners get past due, delinquent, and write off recievables back. I take pride in the fact that the company I work for does not take advantage of anyone, does not take an alienating approach to contacting a debtor,only after they ignore, or refuse to address the request amicably, do they fall into the collection cycle. We do guarantee results. Money back guarantees!
    As far as the hiring process, we do an initail presentation, showing who we are, what we do, and then do the one on one interview immediately following the presentation. Yes, a dedicated sales person, honest and dependable can make a very, very good living doing this. I do! I show the applicants that I interview what kind of checks I make from my own personal sales.
    New reps are well trained. We do go out in the field with them doing an "Earn as you learn program". This lets them set a few appointments, and watch as a senior manager shows them how it is sold in the field. That is a 50% split on the initial sale, (because the manager is also a commissioned sales person) however all reorders are 100% full commission to that new rep in the future as long as they are with the company and service that client. The Earn as you learn program is a great way for the new rep not be thrown out into the big ocean and be told to swim on their own. We work with them to get them out on their own to be sucessful as soon as possible. Sure, there is a "Deposit". We want committed sales people, not folks who want to try one thing one week, and something else the next. Commitment is required. We are investing money into them as soon as they come on board to work with us. There are a lot of proceedures that take place to make sure as soon as they finish training they have everything they need to go out and make money. They get that deposit back with just one or two sales. I got mine back with my very first paycheck, which was within 1 1/2 weeks of starting to work for the company. I even show the applicants my check with the deposit returned to me.
    I hope that this letter will be allowed to be seen. I hope that it will not be viewed as biased, or as a recruting tactic. It is none of those things. These are facts to which I am able to testify to. I am proud of what I do, and who I work for. My company leaders would probably frown on me submitting this letter. I see my accountability as being to a higher power than my boss. and as such could never work for a company that treats people the way some of the repondants on this forum have suggested. I have been with the company for some time now. I know it is a good company.
    I suggest that you decide for yourself by getting all the facts. Make your decison based on facts that you see and hear personally.
    They will see is you are right for the job, and you can decide if you think you are right for the job.
    God Bless you in your job search.
    I have some questions for you. Please email me off list at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by TCIrep View Post
    I am a TekCollect rep and have been completely blown away by some of the comments on this thread. Many of the things said about my company are inaccurate I'm also not one to sugar coat anything... They get a briefcase with all sales materials, supplies, training manuals, training CD's, a full extensive training class taught by qualified managers with our company who have been in their shoes "Earn As You Learn" program you work one-on-one in the field with your manager to help you get started quickly and can begin picking up checks immediately after training. My intention every time I hire someone is to fully support them in becoming as successful as they want to be. Unfortunately, as an independent contractor position it is impossible to motivate everyone to their fullest potential if they are also not willing to put in the effort required. We provide our reps with everything they need to go out and become successful on their own, it is truly their decision whether they fail or not. What we ask of any new rep after training is to spend at least 1 hour a day for the first 30 days of your career with our company in learning, understanding, polishing some aspect of your skills, knowledge, or presentation in order to become successful. The reps who don't even have a commitment to their own success are the ones who ultimately end up leaving/quitting (on themselves) and blame TekCollect for their failure when in reality they should look in the mirror and put the blame where it should be!

Please contact me here or at my personal email [email protected].