+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

High Gasoline Prices

Would appreciate your opinion/s regarding this subject. My opinion? I think it is the result of price fixing as jointly participated in by the major petroleum companies. Reason, other than the "greed factor"? As more hybrid fuel efficient and otherwise fuel efficient automobiles are made available, the demand for gasoline decreases. Rahter than the oil companies settling for allowing the cost to remain at a certain set price which would result in their profit decreasing, they increase the cost. All their reasons. excuse are just lies.
    Included with you opinions, I would like to hear what eeryone is doing to lessen their gasoline expenses, under the circumstances.
    Further, I think gasoline could top out at over five dollars/gallon by years end.hat do you think?
    Last edited by coontie; 04-26-2008 at 03:01 PM.
    Vasudeva

Re: High Gasoline Prices

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    Would appreciate your opinion/s regarding this subject. My opinion? I think it is the result of price fixing as jointly participated in by the major petroleum companies. Reason, other than the "greed factor"? As more hybrid fuel efficient and otherwise fuel efficient automobiles are made available, the demand for gasoline decreases. Rahter than the oil companies settling for allowing the cost to remain at a certain set price which would result in their profit decreasing, they increase the cost. All their reasons. excuse are just lies.
    Included with you opinions, I would like to hear what eeryone is doing to lessen their gasoline expenses, under the circumstances.
    Further, I think gasoline could top out at over five dollars/gallon by years end.hat do you think?
    Well, for starters, I don't have a car. The old banger I had was stolen years ago and hasn't been seen since.

So I am not affected by the greed factor and hype anyway. I have my weekly travelcard.

Here, people are buying up all the petrol they can in petrol containers, you can see some people on TV loading up their boot, a major fire/explosion risk.:rotz:
    Karma is a Biatch! :yelcutelaughA:

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are! freakB:

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

I think that there is definitely some form of hanky-panky going on with the entire oil industry...That said, I must say that to conserve, as best I can, I am finally going to have my bicycle repaired so I can commute to work, in good weather. Also when I visit my parents in Boston, I will take the bus, or Amtrack...maybe...I say maybe because when all is said and done, I love to drive...period...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by BAILEYSCREAMS_REVENGE View Post
    Well, for starters, I don't have a car. The old banger I had was stolen years ago and hasn't been seen since.

So I am not affected by the greed factor and hype anyway. I have my weekly travelcard.

Here, people are buying up all the petrol they can in petrol containers, you can see some people on TV loading up their boot, a major fire/explosion risk.:rotz:
    It just occured to me, a friend's father owns a very old house and it has a 600 gallon gas tank buried under his driveway, complete with antique gas pump! I hope he also has a good field of fire...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

BICYCLE
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

It's all about being GREEDY, making their PROFITS. Gas companies want to make the money so HIKE IT UP and then tell those lies all the time. McCain knows this too and there he goes Playing like he is a "charmer" so he gets people to vote for him. Tricks of the trade, he is using. Bush is in on the lies too. Now as I have said this a few times already at the scam forums. THE GLOBAL ELITES the BILDERBERGS own 40 % of the OIL too. Hill an Bill an all the others in congress, the presidents and vice presidents and before them ARE ALL PART OF THE MEMBERSHIP of the GLOBAL ELITES they are part of this SCAM. They are making the OIL companies and Global ELites are making #1.8 Billion dollars a day in PROFITS. Yes, gas will go up, they expect in 3 years it will be up to $200 per barrel. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ But as I was reading in my newsletter that this man and his friend, this man would not give up and FOUND under 9,000 feet found OIL in the BAKKEN BASIN, I put some of the article at SCIENCE FORUM 503 BILLION BARRELS of OIL and it light sweet crude OIL, no refining needed. THE GOVERNMENT KNOWS ABOUT THIS, I copied down what they said, an we have enough oil for 41 Years. BAKKEN BASIN runs to North Dakota some areas and up to Canada. People in MONTANA have becme instant MILLIONAIRES, they will be sharing the ROYALTY of this money. WE will never have to be dependent on anyone's OIL. Just read the article. WE have more OIL than all the middle East. But Paul put out an article and the gov mentions North Dakota that is not the principle state, the article my newsletter mantions MONTANA as the main state an sas 503 BILLION BARRELS. Of course the government will lie and said only 3 or 4 Billion barrels. Little do they know a NEWSLETTER that deals with STOCK INVESTMENTS knows what they are talking about. Just like BUSH we know it was an INSIDE JOB. Everyone is affected, Bailey you are too, you rely on HEAT to heat your home, apartment, that too heatng OIL has gone up too, it affects transportation of your foods. YOU are in this world too.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    It's all about being GREEDY, making their PROFITS. Gas companies want to make the money so HIKE IT UP and then tell those lies all the time. McCain knows this too and there he goes Playing like he is a "charmer" so he gets people to vote for him. Tricks of the trade, he is using. Bush is in on the lies too. Now as I have said this a few times already at the scam forums. THE GLOBAL ELITES the BILDERBERGS own 40 % of the OIL too. Hill an Bill an all the others in congress, the presidents and vice presidents and before them ARE ALL PART OF THE MEMBERSHIP of the GLOBAL ELITES they are part of this SCAM. They are making the OIL companies and Global ELites are making #1.8 Billion dollars a day in PROFITS. Yes, gas will go up, they expect in 3 years it will be up to $200 per barrel. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ But as I was reading in my newsletter that this man and his friend, this man would not give up and FOUND under 9,000 feet found OIL in the BAKKEN BASIN, I put some of the article at SCIENCE FORUM 503 BILLION BARRELS of OIL and it light sweet crude OIL, no refining needed. THE GOVERNMENT KNOWS ABOUT THIS, I copied down what they said, an we have enough oil for 41 Years. BAKKEN BASIN runs to North Dakota some areas and up to Canada. People in MONTANA have becme instant MILLIONAIRES, they will be sharing the ROYALTY of this money. WE will never have to be dependent on anyone's OIL. Just read the article. WE have more OIL than all the middle East. But Paul put out an article and the gov mentions North Dakota that is not the principle state, the article my newsletter mantions MONTANA as the main state an sas 503 BILLION BARRELS. Of course the government will lie and said only 3 or 4 Billion barrels. Little do they know a NEWSLETTER that deals with STOCK INVESTMENTS knows what they are talking about. Just like BUSH we know it was an INSIDE JOB. Everyone is affected, Bailey you are too, you rely on HEAT to heat your home, apartment, that too heatng OIL has gone up too, it affects transportation of your foods. YOU are in this world too.
    Will you get off my case, Galaxy.

Yes, it affects me too, I know. Again, if you read my post above, I said I do not have a car, therefore I do not have to fork out for that. Do I have to explain everything I post to you......jeez!

Yes, it affects me, but until I learn to build my own solar powered house, what can I personally do if the Government and their other buddies around the world decide to raise taxes, cost of fuel etc?

A big fat nothing that's what...

Of course people could leave their car at home and walk or take their bicycle...

Food prices have gone up, what am I supposed to do about that? Go on hunger strike?
    Karma is a Biatch! :yelcutelaughA:

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are! freakB:

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

I may be one of the lucky ones. I live in a small town and within easy walking distance to almost anything from where I live. Maximum I believe would be 2 miles one way. As walking is good exercise I now try to do as much as I can. But I still need the car for large shopping trips for food. As this is a tourist attraction and the towns livelyhood depends on them, the high price of gas has indeed kept some home or on shorter vacations in the past 2 years. But with the cost of gas today it seems like the season has just began and already a large cutback is seen here by the lack of tourists. Being retired I don't have to worry so much but a lot of younger families here are going to get hurt. I do wish everyone here the best of luck in the hard times that seem to loom ahead. OT

Consider this - not only are the President and V.P Oil people but they and the majority of our leaders that could do something about these high gasoline prices get their gas at government cost which also probably means no taxes. They either pay nothing if they are driving or chaffured in goverment owned vehicles and with the private vehicles they tank up at special stations or get reimbursed. So really, don't expect help from them! :frustrated::judges: Presently, government, state and local taxes in most states are now about $1.25 - $1.40/gallon.:rasta:
    Vasudeva

coontie, i was just thinking as i was reading your post, i bet they do not have to pay one cent for gas! what do you think? they just get it for free! and to Old Timer, that is great you can walk about being only 2 miles to walk to there and there, i know we need a car to transport our grociers home. You know what, they make these bikes, but I forgot what they are called. but it has four wheels, like an old the first car built, but you do the peddaling and there is room for 4 people to sit inside, no door, just a canopy top( i think one has to pay extra for that, then there is a wire basket in the back to put things inside. I think that they should have bike pathway and they do not. The states never make extra space for bike riders. They have smaller bikes such as this. AND DEAR BAILEY, must you be so HYPER over -charged. We are only discussing things, looks like you need to take MORE B complex vitamins to control yourself, to calm you down, how about some chamomile tea. It was like I light a torch on your behind! hahaha, he must of woke up on the wrong side of the bed, he went out the window instead hahahahahahhaha SOLAR panels are very expensive, hope it works out for you!

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    Would appreciate your opinion/s regarding this subject. My opinion? I think it is the result of price fixing as jointly participated in by the major petroleum companies. Reason, other than the "greed factor"? As more hybrid fuel efficient and otherwise fuel efficient automobiles are made available, the demand for gasoline decreases. Rather than the oil companies settling for allowing the cost to remain at a certain set price which would result in their profit decreasing, they increase the cost. All their reasons. excuse are just lies.
    Included with you opinions, I would like to hear what everyone is doing to lessen their gasoline expenses, under the circumstances.
    boys will be boys!?big boys and their toys!?if it's always darkest before the dawn,does it mean......dont worry!?be happy!?and if necessary,move to a warmer climate!?:freak3: :crazy1: : :king22: hehe!....just askn....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

coontie, i was just thinking as i was reading your post, i bet they do not have to pay one cent for gas! what do you think? they just get it for free! and to Old Timer, that is great you can walk about being only 2 miles to walk to there and there, i know we need a car to transport our grociers home. You know what, they make these bikes, but I forgot what they are called. but it has four wheels, like an old the first car built, but you do the peddaling and there is room for 4 people to sit inside, no door, just a canopy top( i think one has to pay extra for that, then there is a wire basket in the back to put things inside. I think that they should have bike pathway and they do not. The states never make extra space for bike riders. They have smaller bikes such as this. AND DEAR BAILEY, must you be so HYPER over -charged. We are only discussing things, looks like you need to take MORE B complex vitamins to control yourself, to calm you down, how about some chamomile tea. It was like I light a torch on your behind! hahaha, he must of woke up on the wrong side of the bed, he went out the window instead hahahahahahhaha SOLAR panels are very expensive, hope it works out for you!
    Unfortunatly, biking and walking wont do here in the winter as it can get down to 35 below and we do get a lot of snow. We consider just about anything above zero in the winter a blessing. So I guess that I will just have to shell out for the old gas just like the rest of us. But we have been seriously considering a warmer climate.

coontie, i was just thinking as i was reading your post, i bet they do not have to pay one cent for gas! what do you think? they just get it for free...
    Hey galaxy - read my post #3351, just above. I agree!

Never thought about people moving to "warmer climates" because of higher gasoline and utility cost [oil @ gas relared] It woulde be interesting to track a study of migrations of people in the U.S. within the coming years. See ho much of an increase there is.
    And no, I am not talking about our "cross-borde invasion" from the South. Their President is talking about what hereos these illegals are for coming to the U.S. and rebuilding New Orleans and doing harvesting and building work elsewhere. He doesn't mention that they are being paid a hell of a lot more than they would get in their countries under his Presidency - quite a few more times for that matter. As well, they are often trated like shit there and their country is not as liberal and free as ours, regardless of our problems.
    Also, this President; Caulderon, his pay is from the billions these people send back to Mexico every year, that is removed from our financial mainstream. I think money earned here should remain here. Also, I think the businesses "outsourcing" to other countries and remaining heaqdquatered here, they should be told to bring the business back to the U.S. or leave. Otherwise, tax them fifty percent of there annual gross income! Same with the CEOs, owners and other fat cats that use foreign qorkersw, facilities and seel there products here. Pay up or get out!
    Vasudeva

That's good, coontie. You know lots of Phillipino people move to Hawaii, they like to live together they can, to save up money and they love to sent the money back to their families in the Phillipines but they become citizens in Hawaii, and they keep it as dual as if they wanted to go back. Most do not want to go back there, it is very poor there. Yeap, they getting the gas for FREE.

We just went up to 3.39 per gallon for Regular here in Jackson. How about where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    We just went up to 3.39 per gallon for Regular here in Jackson. How about where you live.
    $3.47 per gallon in Bear, Delaware
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman