+ Reply to Thread

Work at home scam???

Does anyone know anything about www.freerally.com. I found out that the company is Lead Streams Marketing out of Utah, but it doesn't say anything else. I can't find any info on them from the BBB. Of course, their website looked very nice and professional and I ordered the program for $9.95 with a 15 day free option before I have to pay $35.95 for the program.

I am just beginning this research for home based worked and I don't even know what they sell and no way to get ahold of them to cancel.

Any suggestions???

Re: Work at home scam???

Pay for it, it's a scam.
    As of this post the domain doesn;t exist
    :2gunsfiring_v1:419:judges:

Hmm...the link doesn't work. A scam, maybe?

It is a scam, since you don't even know what they sell and they sell something that is distributed freely on the Internet.
    Visit my machinima blog here.

"I ordered the program for $9.95 with a 15 day free option before I have to pay $35.95 for the program."

The ONLY company I know that 'charges' $9.95 to send you information and keeps it all hush hush EVEN after you get the DVD or other literature is HERBALIFE.

Do a bit of research on HERBALIFE... here, and google -
    when I google anything, I search using [scam] .... ie
    xyz company [scam]

Doing the search that way does not necessarily mean it is a scam, just means that after you get through all the 'pep rally' sites, you might find some others that have a difference in opinion.

By the way, the domain - freerally.com - someone either forgot to pay the bill or decided to give up the domain name. It's now available to purchase.
    ~jennifer
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the
    stream always wins - not through strength, but through persistence."
    Buddha
    ~ www.gotojenniferfisher.com

You might want to see my post. You can serch it under Lead Streams Marketing. I posted it earlier this week. I am sure it can provide some insite on the company and the man.

I would never pay money for info. I make a living working online and it wasn't by paying a monthly fee.

Why would you pay if you didn't know what they were selling?

-Danielle

For those of you who have replied with the "Why would you pay"... I have learned my lesson. I was coached into this scam and I took it hook, line and sinker. "Live and Learn".

I have been more than patient with receiving some kind of resolve. I either want what I paid for, or my investment returned. I am looking for a good attorney.

For the one who has had a good experience....congrats. Move forward with caution.

It is a Scam!!!! beware after the 35.95 they will want 150.00 a month plus an additional 19.95 a month for marketing!!! And then will want you to pay 1000.00 to 15000.00 for a package that will net zero return on investment...

It appears that the leads purchased have been purchased by other's, and most (upwards of 90%) are not interested in doing any kind of business. They were looking for a 9.95 solution to thier money issues......I have talked to these leads who did not know anything about the opportunity I was pitching but asked about some thing else (other MLM's and property investments).???

The first things you should look for when considering any work at home program are

1. Money back guarantee - Any good work at home program will offer you a 30 or 60 day money back guarantee.

2. Contact info - Never buy any program unless they have contact info clearly posted on their site.

3. What are others saying - You did the right thing by coming to this forum to get answers, but you should have done that before you bought anything.

My advice is to read all the terms and conditions you agreed to and find out exactly what you will be charged for. Try to get a refund if your not happy with the product. As a last resort you may have to cancel your credit card and file a dispute.

Escape International is a company that has a wide variety of products and is dedicated to introducing those products to the mainstream. A network marketing company that was founded by David A Ruiz, Escape International prides itself on its values. The company is faith based and lists its God-centric and Bible-inspired decisions as its top value.

Escape International boasts that everyone who joins their program has the opportunity to earn a huge income. These opportunities exist in two different categories: direct marketing and network marketing. Direct selling is relationship based while network marketing focuses on building a network of direct sellers.

Escape International’s website boasts that everybody who wants to be a seller for Escape International can get started for free. They seem to be very excited about offering their business model for free! The only problem with getting the free information about Escape International’s income program is that you have to sign up for it before you get a look at the business model.

This might have been fine if it were not for two things. The first reason not to sign up for Escape International is… you can’t. When you go to the "Get Started" page on the Escape International website, you are taken to a very general description of the two major earnings methods. Then you are presented with a link that says "Click Here to Join Now." When you click on that link, you are taken to another page that welcomes you to Escape International and then presents you with a "Sign up now" link.

When you click on the Sign up Now link, it takes you to a page with a blank box. In the box you are supposed to type the number of the Representative that referred you to Escape International. What if you weren’t referred? Well that means that you are out of luck. Leaving the field blank and hitting enter only brings up the same exact page. There is a "Contact Us" link on the front page of the site, so it might be possible to contact Escape International directly and ask them for a referral number.

The second reason not that you should not sign up before reading the Escape International business model is that the site provides no privacy policy! Why would you give out your information if you aren’t allowed to read the privacy policy first? Any company that won’t tell you up front what it will do with your personal information is not worth joining.

Another reason to not join Escape International is the complete lack of any specific information about how to sell the products or how the company’s compensation plan is set up. While there is something to be said for confidentiality, why would you sign up for something when you don’t know what it entails?

We think that this is a company that should be passed by. With all of the income opportunities available out there, Escape International is just too sketchy for our taste.

13. 01-07-2010, 10:33 PM

Reason
    spamming referral link, warning issued